Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

since1670

Big-12 Selection Metrics

"Tony Altimore joins 365 Sports to break down the stats and facts behind why BYU, Houston, UCF, and Cincinnati were selected in Big 12 expansion. He also looks forward to possible further additions in a chapter 2 of realignment like SMU, USF, Boise State, and Memphis."

https://youtu.be/stVThj9R_q4

10 hours ago, since1670 said:

"Tony Altimore joins 365 Sports to break down the stats and facts behind why BYU, Houston, UCF, and Cincinnati were selected in Big 12 expansion. He also looks forward to possible further additions in a chapter 2 of realignment like SMU, USF, Boise State, and Memphis."

Yea I watch their show sometimes on You Tube. 

Good luck finding out who Tony Altimore is.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:31 AM, since1670 said:

Around the 11:00 mark he threw up a graph combining Sports success and Institutional markers. It was fascinating to see how all these schools within conferences, literally do fit together.

It shows just how out of place the remaining G5 schools are in comparison to the P5.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Around the 11:00 mark he threw up a graph combining Sports success and Institutional markers. It was fascinating to see how all these schools within conferences, literally do fit together.

It shows just how out of place the remaining G5 schools are in comparison to the P5.

Sometimes it’s about more then metrics!   Metrics are why we lose wars!   Supposedly by body counts we killed all the enemy combatants from Vietnam!   Well?

welcome to the spin show lol

19 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Notice who was the clear cut #1 @Did I hear a WOOSH????  

BYU wasn’t in the conversation.  The topic you keep referring to only involved specific conferences, neither of which you were in.  Congrats on finally being accepted as a decent enough program to get the call though.  Took you awhile.  Hopefully you do something with it. 

16 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

BYU wasn’t in the conversation.  The topic you keep referring to only involved specific conferences, neither of which you were in.  Congrats on finally being accepted as a decent enough program to get the call though.  Took you awhile.  Hopefully you do something with it. 

BFE4C53E-2433-44C7-97EF-418EE23BE5E5.gif.0291d5441500dcfcbe7d6aab94d88e97.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

19 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

UCF_Navy_Football_35255-1880x1254.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, Coog kev said:

Then there is this. 

The blonde dude who sits in his home chair.  No basement.

XII is not going to 16 (assuming no one else bolts).   I can dig Boise and Memphis adds.  Boise with its television ratings is super easy.  Maybe Memphis gets pitted against SMU for the other slot.  South Florida?  No way. 

Boise doesn’t get good tv ratings.  If they do then so does Tulsa.  

You are absolutely wrongo about that. Like everything else.

Sports Media Watch

IF XII wants to think Big coast to coast, ditch the others and give San Diego State a good hard look.  The magic of Memphis on the gridiron is dissipating quickly (ya sure, hoops and all).  San Diego State has sustained success IMO. 

No offense my MWC buds.  I can see this summer 2023. 

XII One Side:

• San Diego State (new Big Fly rivalry game with UCF)
  • Boise State (rivalry with BYU)
  • BYU (rivalry with Boise)
  • Texas Tech (rivalry with Coogs)
  • Houston (rivalry with Tards and Stillwater)
  • Central Florida (Disney v. Aztecs)
  • Oklahoma State (we still get Tech with all this new crap; adapting to change is hard)

XII Other Side:

• West Virginia (rivalry with Cincinnati)
  • Cincinnati (learn how to burn couches)
  • TCU (hatred of Baylor)
  • Baylor (hatred of well anything)
  • Kansas 1 (the one that is AAU)
  • Kansas 2 (the one that is not AAU)
  • Iowa State (Big8 forever!)

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

34 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Then there is this. 

The blonde dude who sits in his home chair.  No basement.

XII is not going to 16 (assuming no one else bolts).   I can dig Boise and Memphis adds.  Boise with its television ratings is super easy.  Maybe Memphis gets pitted against SMU for the other slot.  South Florida?  No way. 

At some point the Power 5 conferences will be at 16, SEC will be there at the latest in 2025. ACC and Big 10 are only two schools away from that now. But I thik it will happen and very possibly to get there by raiding each other to where one of the major conferences could maybe drop to mid major status

1 hour ago, Coog kev said:

You are absolutely wrongo about that. Like everything else.

Sports Media Watch

IF XII wants to think Big coast to coast, ditch the others and give San Diego State a good hard look.  The magic of Memphis on the gridiron is dissipating quickly (ya sure, hoops and all).  San Diego State has sustained success IMO. 

No offense my MWC buds.  I can see this summer 2023. 

XII One Side:

• San Diego State (new Big Fly rivalry game with UCF)
  • Boise State (rivalry with BYU)
  • BYU (rivalry with Boise)
  • Texas Tech (rivalry with Coogs)
  • Houston (rivalry with Tards and Stillwater)
  • Central Florida (Disney v. Aztecs)
  • Oklahoma State (we still get Tech with all this new crap; adapting to change is hard)

XII Other Side:

• West Virginia (rivalry with Cincinnati)
  • Cincinnati (learn how to burn couches)
  • TCU (hatred of Baylor)
  • Baylor (hatred of well anything)
  • Kansas 1 (the one that is AAU)
  • Kansas 2 (the one that is not AAU)
  • Iowa State (Big8 forever!)

If Google is your friend there’s an entire page of notes about how not only their viewership is low, but going down.

Exactly, what kind of a moron are you?  See the numbers with my link to Sports Media Watch.  See past seasons. 

You hear a whoosh too much.  Hear a psychiatrist more.  You can use some strong professional council.  Perhaps with a sedative pill prescription. Lots of that.

You are a moron and an idiot.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png