Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elizarrj

Thamel says Air Force and Colorado State Staying in MWC

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

But what about mighty Too-lame? :rotflmfao: Or Tusla? :lol:

None of the AAC leftovers are worth a damn except Memphis, SMU and Temple. Temple for its historically good hoops program and big city location but it's much too far away. The MWC should immediately begin talks with the other two both because they would bring large cities in states the MWC has no school in and to stick it up Aresco's sphincter. If neither one wants to join what is now clearly a superior conference, the MWC should just stay put for football while looking to add Gonzaga and Wichita to greatly improve basketball.

Wichita, SMU and Memphis would improve football and greatly improve basketball.  But we are making the same mistake the AAC made by thinking they could pick off a couple advantages programs.  

The first conference to pull its head out of its ass and offer a group: 4+1 for us and 8 for them wins, permanently kills the other, and positions themselves well in football and BBall. 

5 hours ago, Professorbum said:

you guys don't get it.   There's nothing inconsistent here.  We think NDSU would be a good add for any conference.  I think most NDSU fans think the MWC would be the best fit.  But we'd be happy in any FBS conference at this point.   So yeah, we are going to try to pitch our case.   Yes, we are beggars, not choosers.   Why do you delight in us not finding an FBS home?   I don't get that.   Kind of like similar comments some here make about NMSU.  I've never understood the animosity toward them either.   I have the utmost respect for them because they have persisted in FBS against all odds.    

I think we will be in a conference some day, or an FBS independent.  And I think the conferences that pass on us will eventually come to think..."hmm, we should have considered them more seriously."  The Big Sky came to think that.   

Nothing personal, but you need a TV market. 

I watched two talk shows that were aired on You Tube today. One was only an hour long they other I still have to finish the rest of it but mostly they moved onto Big 12 games this weekend so might not watched the rest.

The first show they were talking to a AAC beat writer who was on the road for this weekend and he talked about how he could see Air Force coming, joining Navy which would allow an extra conference game, that people seem to like seeing military acadamies to play, but he said time after time he couldn't understand CSU, except for a travel partner for AFA. This beat writer just tore into CSU.

Then read something this afternoon that said because of extremely strong internal pressure to stay in the MWC, both schools were already backing away and then CBS came in, and with Thompson made assurances they would try to schedule more afternoon games and such for football and those things put together was what convinced AFA to stay and then of course if one stays they other was staying.

Don't know how true that is, but it does kind of sound like that could have happened.

4 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Wicker stated very early on that the AAC wasn't an option so it has nothing to do with "balking" . It was more Hell No. 

To be honest, the offer was made for football only. At that time the AAC had Houston, Cincy and Central Florida in the conference. Wicker said we would never move for football only. Now that the AAC ha lost its best 3 programs there is no reason to even consider moving there.

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

I don’t think either SDSU or Boise are going anywhere. If anything I think the bottom tier of p5 programs are going to start feeling the pinch. They are going to realize that they can’t keep up and the model is going to splinter even further. 

At some point the big players in the power conferences are going to create their own football conference. Some say 64 teams. Personally, I think it will be closer to 32 teams. Hopefully, at that point we will see conferences reform for the other sports.

5 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Dump SJSU and NMSU.  Add two TX schools. SMU and another

When did NM State join?

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

3 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

They have some posters who do make some good points there but other things wow...........just wow. And they honestly believe the kool-aid they have been given

That's why the meltdown is soooo glorious.  Because they did, really believe all that P6 shit.  They did, really believe they were on the level of the remaining Big 12 teams.  

It's like when they forced Don Quixote to look in the hall of mirrors and he died of a broken heart, as reality set in.  But with +++++ing douche bags, instead.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That's why the meltdown is soooo glorious.  Because they did, really believe all that P6 shit.  They did, really believe they were on the level of the remaining Big 12 teams.  

It's like when they forced Don Quixote to look in the hall of mirrors and he died of a broken heart, as reality set in.  But with +++++ing douche bags, instead.

Well also how CSU and AFA were perfect fits, that made me almost cough up water. 

4 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Must disagree somewhat. I think AFA and CSU staying or leaving is basically irrelevant to SDSU and Boise since both will be gone by the end of the decade (Boise excepted if its football program goes to complete crap.)

But the big winner is indeed Wyoming. Next biggest winners: UNM and USU.

You’re drunk.

kat.jpg