Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elizarrj

Thamel says Air Force and Colorado State Staying in MWC

4 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Another stoopid comment from Brett Mickey M's, who is to college sports journalism what a Quarter Pounder with Cheese is to fine cuisine.

His last sentence is utter BS. Want to know whether AF and CSU staying is better for the MW than them leaving? Flip a coin.

Just because both schools aren't leaving now doesn't mean AFA won't turn around and move its football team to the AAC in a couple years if a good landing spot for its Olys can be found.

Yep - CSU & AF leaving wouldn't ding the MWC much at all & wouldn't even need to be replaced.........MWC might have been better off going with 10 FB schools & dumping the division format so there's a full 9 MW Conference games for each team.

All that was proven with today's news is that CSU & AF aren't totally nuts in their decision making 

3 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

That board is the best example I know of concerning the dangers of group think combined with the hammering down of any nail which dares to question the group.

They've always been like that. Heavy handed moderation too.  

8 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

We win.

The MW wins.  Hawaii?  To be determined.  They're likely not coming here as a full member, and there is not a carcass for the BW to pick off.  It's status quo

4 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

That board is the best example I of about the dangers of group think and the hammering down of any nail which dares to question the group.

Yep! We all fully agree with this. No disagreements among anyone.

8 hours ago, Brew_Poke said:

I'm not gonna gloat, however much some AAC weirdos' behavior here makes me want to; we got lucky. All of us did, but especially Wyoming.

Must disagree somewhat. I think AFA and CSU staying or leaving is basically irrelevant to SDSU and Boise since both will be gone by the end of the decade (Boise excepted if its football program goes to complete crap.)

But the big winner is indeed Wyoming. Next biggest winners: UNM and USU.

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

Is that better or worse than beating UCONN by 2?

Worse but not by much:P

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I really hope the MW does not bring in Tulsa and say North Texas.  

But what about mighty Too-lame? :rotflmfao: Or Tusla? :lol:

None of the AAC leftovers are worth a damn except Memphis, SMU and Temple. Temple for its historically good hoops program and big city location but it's much too far away. The MWC should immediately begin talks with the other two both because they would bring large cities in states the MWC has no school in and to stick it up Aresco's sphincter. If neither one wants to join what is now clearly a superior conference, the MWC should just stay put for football while looking to add Gonzaga and Wichita to greatly improve basketball.

25 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Must disagree somewhat. I think AFA and CSU staying or leaving is basically irrelevant to SDSU and Boise since both will be gone by the end of the decade (Boise excepted if its football program goes to complete crap.)

But the big winner is indeed Wyoming. Next biggest winners: UNM and USU.

I don’t think either SDSU or Boise are going anywhere. If anything I think the bottom tier of p5 programs are going to start feeling the pinch. They are going to realize that they can’t keep up and the model is going to splinter even further. 

Ok I have not been on much today, but I’m not fully buying that AFA was trying to go to the AAC because of Navy. I think that’s the spin Aresco decided to throw out there, I think they were the ones trying to talk AFA into it because they’re desperate. But if AFA did want to go, and pushed CSU into going along, then shame on AFA, and shame on CSU for being the patsy. 

10 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

The chance: 

Once Texas and OU have a date they're leaving --> Boise get's the B12 invite --> SDSU goes independent --> It is now politically acceptable for CSU and AF to leave --> NDSU get's the MWC invite. 

If the Big12 takes a western school they will take 3, not one.

9 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m all fairness, there was NOTHING he could’ve done to keep Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston from bolting.  Current instability isn’t his fault.  I’d still take him over Hair.

And if the Big12 courts any MWC schools they are leaving as well.

3 minutes ago, Aztec1984 said:

If the Big12 takes a western school they will take 3, not one.

I heard an interesting tidbit about the Big 12 today during a radio show about expansion. I am going to post it in another thread as this isn't the place for it

6 hours ago, An Admirer from the East said:

they sobered up.....was a ridiculous proposition...."just to be with Navy".....not like they were getting married.....how stupid!

At Navy the motto is "Beat Army." At Army the  motto is "Beat Navy." That says all you need to know.