Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elizarrj

Thamel says Air Force and Colorado State Staying in MWC

15 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Ouch.

With those four teams deciding to remain in the Mountain West, top expansion options for the AAC appear to be UAB, FAU and UTSA, Dodd reported on Sept. 16. North Texas and Tulsa were under consideration by the Mountain West should it lose two or four teams, though with the league staying together, it may not choose to add any teams.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, RSF said:

He sent me a PM yesterday - Called me a +++++ing asshole, and said us assholes - the people who call him on his BS, presumably - were ruining the board.  Suggested he grow a thicker skin if he was going to play the know-it-all role.

Or actually know it all. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

11 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

We should immediately fire Thompson and hire Aresco.  Aresco brings Memphis, SMU, Tulsa then add another Texas school.  Start screaming P6 non stop and call the 2006 team national champions and hang a banner.

No.  

Why does Aresco get so much praise for destabilizing a conference to the extent he has? Aresco plays the media game (leaking conference discussions) and ultimately that is a terrible way to build relationships, gain favor or maintain credibility.  I’d tend to bet the AAC schools like SMU, Wichita State and Tulsa are really regretting the Aresco affiliation.  

12 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

He heads (and to some degree, put together) a conference strong enough to withstand the attack. Also, who knows what may have gone on behind closed doors with CBS?

I'm not saying to praise Hair, I'm just saying maybe he's not as inept as we all think he is. 

Would you want Aresco at this point? #poachB12 #welcomeCSU/AFA

That's fair. He certainly has handled this better than Aresco. LOL 

1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

No.  

Why does Aresco get so much praise for destabilizing a conference to the extent he has? Aresco plays the media game (leaking conference discussions) and ultimately that is a terrible way to build relationships, gain favor or maintain credibility.  I’d tend to bet the AAC schools like SMU, Wichita State and Tulsa are really regretting the Aresco affiliation.  

Could be. But we have regretted the Hair affiliation for many years.

2 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

No.  

I’m all fairness, there was NOTHING he could’ve done to keep Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston from bolting.  Current instability isn’t his fault.  I’d still take him over Hair.

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

BUT HE CONFIRMED!!!!

23F27D55-6112-4194-B0FD-82A873B4917A.jpeg

To be fair...he still may end up being HALF right.  That alone would raise his batting average.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

41 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

I know, on both counts, but would there be a better 4 if we did it? Who do you swap Tulsa for?

If we must add, SMU and Gonzaga if they'll come. UTSA is probably a closer cultural fit but they're a weak program historically

Maybe SMU and UTSA?

Who knows.  None of it sounds appealing

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Whatever I may think of PT Barnum, er, Aresco, this is not a fireable offense.  Just like the attempted B12 coup, landing any of MWC schools was ultimately a shot in the dark.  Embarrassing but not fatal.  They will backfill with schools that are a more reasonable get, and they'll find themselves back where they started - on roughly the same level as the MWC, perhaps a little behind (depending on the year).

13 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Using one of his other Twitter names he is playing the we didn't want them anyway game.

You don’t send an invite unless you get a yes 😉 

Related image