Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elizarrj

Thamel says Air Force and Colorado State Staying in MWC

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

I hear the Montana and North Dakota schools are available…. :whistle:

hey, as an NDSU fan, I'd be all in on a depleted AAC.   Hell, I'd be all in at this point on CUSA or Sunbelt, which could become a possibility I suppose, unless the AAC strikes out there too.  I'm all in on independence as well.   I've always thought the MWC was the best fit for us. But at this point, we just need to be FBS.  I don't really care where.  Congrats on keeping AFA and CSU.   I never thought that would be a good move for CSU.

I don't care what Jim says.  That is not the real Ben Franklin.  I'm 99% certain.

2 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

How about @Ibanez …..he apparently was a little too quick in claiming it was a done deal when it was all confirmed on Twitter.

hes an insider tho...lol. his 1003 posts each day say as much...lol

3 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

How about @Ibanez …..he apparently was a little too quick in claiming it was a done deal when it was all confirmed on Twitter.

He sent me a PM yesterday - Called me a +++++ing asshole, and said us assholes - the people who call him on his BS, presumably - were ruining the board.  Suggested he grow a thicker skin if he was going to play the know-it-all role.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

19 minutes ago, Kirbycreekpoke said:

Not really, it sounds like an internal revolt from boosters/big money donors/University adim, caused them to back out. Thompson had nothing/very little to do with it.  

He heads (and to some degree, put together) a conference strong enough to withstand the attack. Also, who knows what may have gone on behind closed doors with CBS?

I'm not saying to praise Hair, I'm just saying maybe he's not as inept as we all think he is. 

Would you want Aresco at this point? #poachB12 #welcomeCSU/AFA

3 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

He heads (and to some degree, put together) a conference strong enough to withstand the attack. Also, who knows what may have gone on behind closed doors with CBS?

I'm not saying to praise Hair, I'm just saying maybe he's not as inept as we all think he is. 

Would you want Aresco at this point? #poachB12 #welcomeCSU/AFA

I am seeing some internet speculation that besides internal/booster opposition at AFA and CSU, CBS Sports may have done something to sweeten the MWC deal to encourage teams to stay.

Aresco and the AAC are starting to look like the big school that cant get anybody to take their head coaching job.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.