Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Nevada at Boise

24 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Reno/Sparks is filled with strip malls and chain restaurants, as is Colorado Springs, Fresno, Vegas, etc etc 

Sacramento, too. I don't live in any of those places. But that wasn't my point. I don't you realize just how spread out the Boise area is. It's really sprawled for the size. 

10 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Sacramento, too. I don't live in any of those places. But that wasn't my point. I don't you realize just how spread out the Boise area is. It's really sprawled for the size. 

I know a few people that have come down from Boise to Reno and they all remark how alike Boise and Reno are. With Sacramento there are so many satellites around it you think you are in Sacramento when you really aren't anymore. However I have heard from people that old town Sacramento is nice.

46 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I know a few people that have come down from Boise to Reno and they all remark how alike Boise and Reno are. With Sacramento there are so many satellites around it you think you are in Sacramento when you really aren't anymore. However I have heard from people that old town Sacramento is nice.

There are some similarities, for sure. Both have a lot going for them. The best outdoor stuff, Mt. Rose, Tahoe, etc., is closer in Reno than some of the prime outdoor areas around Boise. And Boise is generally more spread out. Downtown Boise is more appealing than downtown Reno, even as downtown and midtown have gotten so much nicer in Reno. 

I actually think there are some similarities between Sac and Boise. The Sacramento area is a lot bigger, of course. But both have underrated vibrant urban cores, with lots of cool bars, restaurants and more, and surrounded by really cool older neighborhoods. Leave that urban core and the character changes quite a bit. Feels like a different place. 

I like all those places, and really like Boise. Just my observations over the years, having been there so much.

On 10/6/2021 at 9:43 AM, tailingpermit said:

Eagle has a nice little downtown, I hit up a Vandal bar after a wedding once.  That was a fun night.  

My cousin lived in Eagle for years. There was a good barbecue joint in that little downtown area. Not sure if it's there anymore.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

The Treasure Valley is so much bigger than the Truckee Meadows it's always surprising to see how far away the mountains are when you are not in DT Boise.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

My cousin lived in Eagle for years. There was a good barbecue joint in that little downtown area. Not sure if it's there anymore.

Bodacious Pig?  I actually prefer Rib Shack, just a few blocks to the west.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

I honestly can't remember the name of the place.

Bodacious Pig is pretty visible - right on the corner of Eagle Road and old State Street.  Rib Shack isn't as noticeable, as it's a few blocks west on old State Street.

Just now, Pelado said:

Bodacious Pig is pretty visible - right on the corner of Eagle Road and old State Street.  Rib Shack isn't as noticeable, as it's a few blocks west on old State Street.

That may be it. It was a fairly small place

On 10/2/2021 at 7:27 PM, Packfan11.1 said:

You've been all class this thread... as have the majority of Bronco fans who are stinging from the game result today.  I have a feeling YBU will have more than they bargained for next weekend when you play them.  Even with UNLV, I root for all MW teams when they're not playing Nevada.  I like coming here because for the most part the level-headed fans congregate here for each school.  The actual school forums... not so much.  

Bumping for effect!  Great win BSU!!!