Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Nevada at Boise

11 minutes ago, wolfan said:

Isn't it bad news when the safeties are making the tackles?

Not necessarily.  Jeron Johnson (now Boise's CB coach) led the team in tackles back in 2009 and 2010 when they were giving up ~12-17 ppg. 

More a function of how teams are attacking Boise's defense.  Boise has ran a lot of dime (4-1-6) and (3-2-6) defensive formations as well, so middle linebackers aren't on the field as much (they typically play the EDGE OLB in that 3-2-6).  I'm assuming we'll see a lot of those vs. Nevada's Air Raid.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:05 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

That safety was like 6th in tackles just among DBs.

Nevada Passing Defense held Cal's Chase Garbers to 177 yards (1 td, 1 int). Same dude threw for 309 (2 td) vs. TCU and 319 (2 td, 3 int) vs. Washington.

Tyson Williams is the defenses most aggressive hitter.  He hasn't made a ton of tackles this year, which is odd, but his teammates rely on him to put the fear of God into crossing pattern receivers.  

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Lesters Pack notes:

1. Wolf Pack have had some slow starts to games so far. They have to be engaged and ready to go in quarter one! Especially the D side.

2. Pack O-line needs to do something to free up the Pack bowling-ball Taua.

3. get the tall TE going for chirissakes ! (Cole Turner). They should be able to pick up a 1st down simply by him running 10 yards out and Strong throws it over his head a bit.

4. I can't watch this game because I'll be at the Ducks-Stanford game in Palo Alto at the same exact time. Dammmit.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUFiend said:

I still hate UNRs guts..   just for 2010 alone.  We were ranked #3 in the country!  So much that I disowned the 49ers while Kaep was on their squad.  Screw Nevada and their mickey mouse goal posts.

We win that game we get another BCS Bowl, the NCG was never on the line.

Down $10 on the MWC this season. 

So far this week

We have taken the Wolf Pack +6.5 pts.  We see a Boise win but we don’t see them covering. Expect a mythical score of  27-24 Boise. That puts the O/u at 51. We stayed away from the O/u and the money line. 

So far this season the WP has been playing on a 102 yd virtual field on defense but Boise is on a 168 yd field. That may make a difference, allowing Boise the win. Nevada could have a wonderful passing day. 

Boise is a little stingier so the lower the score the better off the Wolf Pack will be.

9 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Hoping for a solid dose of Taua and Lee this week, over 200 yards rushing or bust

That is certainly a good possibility.  If your OC is not stubborn when he sees a defense setup to stop any passes over 6-7 yards.   Pound the rock against the Broncos until they prove they can stop it.   With a seriously depleted DL (2 best tackles out) I don't think they rise to stopping Tua.  Solid RBs have minced us this year so far.

3 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Lesters Pack notes:

1. Wolf Pack have had some slow starts to games so far. They have to be engaged and ready to go in quarter one! Especially the D side.

2. Pack O-line needs to do something to free up the Pack bowling-ball Taua.

3. get the tall TE going for chirissakes ! (Cole Turner). They should be able to pick up a 1st down simply by him running 10 yards out and Strong throws it over his head a bit.

4. I can't watch this game because I'll be at the Ducks-Stanford game in Palo Alto at the same exact time. Dammmit.

That was a point I brought up after the Kansas St game. Nevada has had a slow start in every game this year and haven't put a full game together yet either. They need to get off to a fast start in this one, one to take pressure off the defense but also take some pressure off the offense.

The running game isn't that huge of a concern, with the kind of offense they are running, the run game is secondary which I think already put the team behind because you need that running game to grind things down. Its fine to try to be a fast up tempo offense but you also need that running game.

Well at least you won't be blinded by the sun off that blue field LUL

3 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Creamsickle uni's.  They used to be a curse.  I think the curse has been broken but this is tempting fate to some degree.

At least better than those all yellow jersey's West Virginia wore once and don't know if they ever wore again