Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

Anybody drink Stouts/Porters/Scottish Ales/ Dark beer?

Trying to expand my horizons beyond Guinness. Any recommendations? 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

20 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

I personally have many go to beers here, but they're all local Denver spots. Much better than the mass produced stuff.

Yeah most of my favorites are small local too. really like milk stouts - so Denver’s Left Hand Nitro Stout is up there for me. May be able to find regionally at a good beer store.

Deschutes Black Butte Porter (5.5%) is a good entry level Porter.

Here in Spokane, No-Li Wrecking Ball Imperial Stout (8%) is money. Should be able to find that in the PNW.

Stone Coffee Milk Stout also a favorite out of Southern California, available anywhere depending on season.

Once you really get into it there are some really good barrel-aged sipping beers. Like Grand Teton Wyoming Whiskey Barrel Aged Stout (9.5%) or the Deschutes Abyss (12%) series.

ah, yes.  

i, too, am familiar with this form of libation.  top fermented yeasts, oatmeal, and of course, the sugar to alcohol transformation that formulates the basis for the enjoyment of the drink!  oho boy, i have imbibed many a liter in my day!  typically at a public house - a "pub," if you will - and the drinks are served by one who tends to an elevated dais - or "bar," if you will - and this "bar" "tender" serves up the drink.

i highly recommend drinking a beer that has a lot of foam in it.  you want it in a glass, too.  and don't forget to eat some peanuts to keep your thirst up.  

if you feel the effects of alcohol, don't worry!  use this moment to engage in social interaction with those who you find attractive.  you're going to be more witty, courageous, and therefore successful.

i'm glad i could explain the social phenomenon of drinking to you.

19 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

ah, yes.  

i, too, am familiar with this form of libation.  top fermented yeasts, oatmeal, and of course, the sugar to alcohol transformation that formulates the basis for the enjoyment of the drink!  oho boy, i have imbibed many a liter in my day!  typically at a public house - a "pub," if you will - and the drinks are served by one who tends to an elevated dais - or "bar," if you will - and this "bar" "tender" serves up the drink.

i highly recommend drinking a beer that has a lot of foam in it.  you want it in a glass, too.  and don't forget to eat some peanuts to keep your thirst up.  

if you feel the effects of alcohol, don't worry!  use this moment to engage in social interaction with those who you find attractive.  you're going to be more witty, courageous, and therefore successful.

i'm glad i could explain the social phenomenon of drinking to you.

You are amazing...

8 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Haven’t had a beer since 2004, don’t miss it the least bit. 

Yes TP, we all get it.  You are the definition of high society, yet with a rugged streak.  You slammed dimes until you wanted to settle down and just date a dime.  You drink the finest of scotch and rail your hot GF in your private pool.  The swill us commons drink is, to you, not even potable.  What men want is to be you and what women want is a story you have yet to tell us.

All joking aside, you are a cool kitten as Convert might say.  

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes TP, we all get it.  You are the definition of high society, yet with a rugged streak.  You slammed dimes until you wanted to settle down and just date a dime.  You drink the finest of scotch and rail your hot GF in your private pool.  The swill us commons drink is, to you, not even potable.  What men want is to be you and what women want is a story you have yet to tell us.

All joking aside, you are cool kitten as Convert might say.

Was going to say I enjoy the quick buzz of high proof bourbon, but I like your description better.  

8 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Was going to say I enjoy the quick buzz of high proof bourbon, but I like your description better.  

I have a way with words, now if you want to hire me to be your driver/body guard/masseuse/dude that speaks for you lemme know.  I'm open to it but pool time is mine every day between 2:00 and 4:00 PM...

15 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Was it even around back then?  Pretty sure those were the 4Loco years.  

I just stuck to bourbon.  

Heh, probably not. I admit, I can't do bourbon due to bad experiences in college . Even went to a high end place in NOLA recently and still couldn't get the association out of my brain.

Love scotch though.

37 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Heh, probably not. I admit, I can't do bourbon due to bad experiences in college . Even went to a high end place in NOLA recently and still couldn't get the association out of my brain.

Love scotch though.

I have a friend like that, he won’t touch brown water - turns him into a different person.  

41 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I have a way with words, now if you want to hire me to be your driver/body guard/masseuse/dude that speaks for you lemme know.  I'm open to it but pool time is mine every day between 2:00 and 4:00 PM...

I don’t believe Florida is currently allowing non-essential Idahoans into the state.  Too much of a Covid risk.