Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Check out this California "refugee" running for Boise city council.

I have native-Californian-who-moved-to-Boise friend who is an uber-GOP guy and is on facebook just trashing the left, while ripping up primitive trails in his truck, shooting into pristine hillsides from his Jeep off-trail and is all over facebook in Boise bars talking shit about mask laws the private business mandates.  I called him out on him trashing public land and he called me a "Commifornian".  He knows i am not a Californian and i don't live in California.

These are the retards y'all are getting

33 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I have native-Californian-who-moved-to-Boise friend who is an uber-GOP guy and is on facebook just trashing the left, while ripping up primitive trails in his truck, shooting into pristine hillsides from his Jeep off-trail and is all over facebook in Boise bars talking shit about mask laws the private business mandates.  I called him out on him trashing public land and he called me a "Commifornian".  He knows i am not a Californian and i don't live in California.

Yep.  Idaho has always been a conservative state but a generally logical one where the politicians and locals alike would find common ground with the other side.  Now California, and other places are sending their "political refugees"  here and look at what has happened the last decade, especially the last 4 years. 

Regarding trashing public lands...no point in trying to camp or enjoy the wilderness within two hours of Boise anymore, in any direction.  Not just out of staters to blame for that though.  

The yahoo in the article was too much though.  Can't have any of those poors moving to Boise, the city he just claimed...

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yep.  Idaho has always been a conservative state but a generally logical one where the politicians and locals alike would find common ground with the other side.  Now California, and other places are sending their "political refugees"  here and look at what has happened the last decade, especially the last 4 years. 

Regarding trashing public lands...no point in trying to camp or enjoy the wilderness within two hours of Boise anymore, in any direction.  Not just out of staters to blame for that though.  

The yahoo in the article was too much though.  Can't have any of those poors moving to Boise, the city he just claimed...

Off topic, but as a California transplant contributing to the problem, it’s crazy to witness how crowded Idaho summer spots are now. We had a tradition of going to Redfish for Labor Day every year. 15 years ago hardly anyone came and it was quiet and nice. Last year we had to park 2 miles from the lodge and walk in. Beach over flowing, thousands of people. Seemed like thousands anyways. But yeah this year we tried out Tamarack for the first time which sucks ass by the way.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not a comparison of Boise's outdoors to Las Vegas's, but I feel you a little bit. When I was a kiddo we could go to to the mountains that contain our valley and have a nice time. Now we just look for parking and clean up trash. People suck. 

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

And he’s a friend because?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I haven’t been to Boise since the mid-2000s. I remember flying in at the time and seeing a patchwork of small residential developments mixed in with the farm/range land surrounding the city. I remember thinking at the time that if that development pattern continued, it would eventually lead to a lot of sprawl and traffic. I’m curious as to whether this happened or if the more recent development clustered around the existing urban core? How is traffic nowadays?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

The insane rightward turn of Idaho politics can be partially attributed to these types. 

All of the most psychotic IE Californian evangelical fascists are flooding into the state.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Not a comparison of Boise's outdoors to Las Vegas's, but I feel you a little bit. When I was a kiddo we could go to to the mountains that contain our valley and have a nice time. Now we just look for parking and clean up trash. People suck. 

I'm just glad that the Mineral King section of Sequoia is still relatively pristine... at least in comparison to Yosemite or others. I guess that's what happens when it takes an hour to go the 25 miles to get up there. 

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

https://boisedev.com/news/2021/09/23/steve-madden-boise/

This guy, brand spanking new to Idaho from California, has the balls to run on a "people need to stop moving to Boise unless super rich" campaign...

We get that sort of thing here too. Every asshole from somewhere else shows up in California to do some tech job, and they suddenly have an opinion about farming in the age of climate change or something. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Still plenty of them in California though. I just read this article a few days ago about illegal activities such as off-roading, camping, fireworks, and parties at Usal Beach in Sinkyone Wilderness State Park on the Lost Coast. Not enough state park rangers to enforce the rules.

https://www.sfgate.com/california-parks/article/lost-coast-california-illegal-beach-camping-park-16477935.php

12 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm just glad that the Mineral King section of Sequoia is still relatively pristine... at least in comparison to Yosemite or others. I guess that's what happens when it takes an hour to go the 25 miles to get up there. 

Just watch out for the marmots.

I don't share the quiet outdoor spots or hidden little hotels/inns in California that I find anymore. Once others discover them they get overrun. There are still a few places in California that remain quiet.

Just now, FresnoFacts said:

Just watch out for the marmots.

I don't share the quiet outdoor spots or hidden little hotels/inns in California that I find anymore. Once others discover them they get overrun. There are still a few places in California that remain quiet.

Freaking marmots. I used to wrap my car in a tarp when I'd go hiking/backpacking up there. 

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

https://boisedev.com/news/2021/09/23/steve-madden-boise/

This guy, brand spanking new to Idaho from California, has the balls to run on a "people need to stop moving to Boise unless super rich" campaign...

7 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

When CA send sends theirs to Idaho, we're not sending our best, our brightest, and especially not our good people. And that's on purpose! They are your problem now :P

Read the article. Douche comes off as authoritarian-Trumpublican.

In the map in the article, I see South Boise. Is that were all the Mexicanos live?

55 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Freaking marmots. I used to wrap my car in a tarp when I'd go hiking/backpacking up there. 

At Mineral King, you can spot the newbies or those who did not do any research. Their cars are not wrapped or at the end of the day they are trying to figure out what to do when the car won't run.