Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Timing, and Order, of Conference Invites from AAC/MWC/Sunbelt: "It's a Matter of Weeks."

This is what I'm hearing about conference realignment... who will move first... and how many teams each conference will take in the CFB Draft.

Bear in mind: Every conference's selections (number and order) are predicated on what the league ahead of them does.

To summarize:

- Mike Aresco was quoted Today, in the Athletic, saying the AAC will announce in a matter of weeks.

- Craig Thompson said that the MWC is monitoring and working as hard as the other conferences.

- The Sunbelt has made it clear that they will be aggressive in realignment.

- The CUSA has been on the quiet side.

Order of Selection:

FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS

EVERYONE is waiting on Mike Aresco. That's a signal that the AAC gets first pick.

The AAC is reportedly going to take 4 teams to get to 12, and Air Force and Colorado State are widely reported to be the first 2 AAC expansion teams. 

1. Colorado State

2. Air Force

3. UAB

4. Army

The AAC's picks are made and UAB & (surprise) Army take the third a fourth spots. The AAC shows they value a wholistic combination of academics, brand, and football/basketball.

SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICKS

The MWC decides to go to 14 to A.) stave off future raids & B.) backfill for Boise State/SDSU, who are looking East at the Big 12 or AAC.

5. UTEP

6. UTSA

7. Rice

8. North Texas

MWC goes to 14, and is all set - in case further raids come, and to prepare for Boise State's exit. The MWC edges the Sunbelt for the Second Round Draft picks.

THIRD ROUND DRAFT PICKS

The Sunbelt takes 2 teams from CUSA to establish itself as the 7th/8th best league.

9. Marshall

10. Southern Miss

FOURTH ROUND DRAFT PICKS

The CUSA needs to backfill after losing 7 teams. Consequently, CUSA invites a 2 Independents and an FCS team.

11. James Madison

12. Liberty

13. UMASS

maxresdefault.jpg

3mxsBs3.jpg

How about this scenario, thw MW acts pre-emptively and takes:

The Bison for FB.

Tulsa all Sports

SMU all

North Texas all

CSU stays

AFA FB only.

Gonzaga BB only

Wichita Olys

The other three Conferences can cannibalize each other.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

How about the MWC doesn’t change at all.  That’s the leading position right now. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

How about this scenario, thw MW acts pre-emptively and takes:

The Bison for FB.

Tulsa all Sports

SMU all

North Texas all

CSU stays

AFA FB only.

Gonzaga BB only

Wichita Olys

The other three Conferences can cannibalize each other.

People complain about coming to Wyoming. But those 3 are on islands only surpassed by Hawaii. Sure the state of North Dakota is right there, but Laramie to Fargo? Ugh. Then Tulsa on the regular? And Kansas? Haven't really been to the far Eastern part of Kansas, but the rural part is not fun.

6 hours ago, son of a gun said:

People complain about coming to Wyoming. But those 3 are on islands only surpassed by Hawaii. Sure the state of North Dakota is right there, but Laramie to Fargo? Ugh. Then Tulsa on the regular? And Kansas? Haven't really been to the far Eastern part of Kansas, but the rural part is not fun.

Tulsa's not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

22 hours ago, Cowboy said:

This is what I'm hearing about conference realignment... who will move first... and how many teams each conference will take in the CFB Draft.

Bear in mind: Every conference's selections (number and order) are predicated on what the league ahead of them does.

To summarize:

- Mike Aresco was quoted Today, in the Athletic, saying the AAC will announce in a matter of weeks.

- Craig Thompson said that the MWC is monitoring and working as hard as the other conferences.

- The Sunbelt has made it clear that they will be aggressive in realignment.

- The CUSA has been on the quiet side.

Order of Selection:

FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS

EVERYONE is waiting on Mike Aresco. That's a signal that the AAC gets first pick.

The AAC is reportedly going to take 4 teams to get to 12, and Air Force and Colorado State are widely reported to be the first 2 AAC expansion teams. 

1. Colorado State

2. Air Force

3. UAB

4. Army

The AAC's picks are made and UAB & (surprise) Army take the third a fourth spots. The AAC shows they value a wholistic combination of academics, brand, and football/basketball.

SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICKS

The MWC decides to go to 14 to A.) stave off future raids & B.) backfill for Boise State/SDSU, who are looking East at the Big 12 or AAC.

5. UTEP

6. UTSA

7. Rice

8. North Texas

MWC goes to 14, and is all set - in case further raids come, and to prepare for Boise State's exit. The MWC edges the Sunbelt for the Second Round Draft picks.

THIRD ROUND DRAFT PICKS

The Sunbelt takes 2 teams from CUSA to establish itself as the 7th/8th best league.

9. Marshall

10. Southern Miss

FOURTH ROUND DRAFT PICKS

The CUSA needs to backfill after losing 7 teams. Consequently, CUSA invites a 2 Independents and an FCS team.

11. James Madison

12. Liberty

13. UMASS

maxresdefault.jpg

Liberty is spending nearly P5 money on its sports. I think the AAC should pick them up.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

FWIW, the AAC thinks that CSU brings the Denver television market.  On my way to the UCF game, we had a 3 or 4 hour layover in the airport.  I saw one fan proud enough to don their CSU gear.  I do remember seeing a handful of Ohio State gear, though. I thought that was odd.

12 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I don’t really see the upside for CO State to go to the AAC. With the loss of UFC and Houston it’s a lateral move. You give up historical regional  rivalries, and your travel budget goes way up. Why ? 

Nobody can.  

It's a BS Internet rumor.

1 hour ago, Spazdog said:

FWIW, the AAC thinks that CSU brings the Denver television market.  On my way to the UCF game, we had a 3 or 4 hour layover in the airport.  I saw one fan proud enough to don their CSU gear.  I do remember seeing a handful of Ohio State gear, though. I thought that was odd.

A majority of the ppl haning out at the DIA gates are catching a connecting flt.  

You find it odd ppl from Ohio are flying through DIA?

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

They think Boise State and SDSU are leaving and the rest of the eastern schools hold more value than the western schools. Says it in a lot of the articles and podcast out there.

CSU is focusing on the wrong problem here. They need to be relevant in the conference they are already in first. You gotta lose weight shd get in shape before you can ask the fit hot girl out 

8 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

A majority of the ppl haning out at the DIA gates are catching a connecting flt.  

You find it odd ppl from Ohio are flying through DIA?

No.  But with 3 or 4 hours wondering around the airport, I thought it was odd that Ohio State was represented more than any other school.

Go back and look at previous threads about CSU owing the Denver market.  Read a couple of them.  You’ll catch the point I attempted to make.