Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

Boise St at Utah State (CBS)

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

WTF happened to Ball State.  They clownf***** SJSU in the bowl game last year. Thought they returned everyone and were talking about being the top G5 team.  Then they go and get destroyed by Penn State, Wyoming, and barely hang with an FCS school. Now sitting at 1-3.

Like Sparty, last season was an

Adam Schiff Asterisk GIF by GIPHY News      

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sure you are one of the 3 best programs in the MWC.  The MWC simply does not have a big 3, though.  That would imply that the top 3 programs are all of similar quality.  They are not.  There is a Big 1 and SDSU is one of the 3 best programs.

Simply because you are in the Mountain Least division. If you played in the Pac West ever year, you would be 1A instead of #1.

Americans Mayor

Just now, tailingpermit said:

Shared conference titles, that was a fun offseason of arguments.

Yeah, but Boise was the best team of the three that year.

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Simply because you are in the Mountain Least division. If you played in the Pac West ever year, you would be 1A instead of #1.

You have 1 top 25 finish since the 70's.  We are not the same.  Our programs are not comparable.  The biggest accomplishment in SDSU football, ever, is being .500 against Boise.  Your fans even have that in their sig.  Meanwhile Boise fans find it a mark of shame, not pride.  That tells you everything you need to know.

20 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Nevada is 10-15 vs. the Mountain since 2013 by my count.

2-2 vs. USU, 3-1 vs NM, 1-3 vs Wyoming, 0-4 vs. Boise, 2-3 vs CSU, 2-2 vs AFA.

Fresno is 13-15 vs. the Mountain over that same period.

3-4 vs. Boise, 0-3 vs. AFA, 4-1 vs NM, 3-1 vs. Wyoming, 1-3 vs CSU, 2-3 vs. USU

Pretty sure everyone else is under .500 as well.  Mountain dominated the West in conference winning percentage from 2013-2019.

SDSU isn’t under .500. Mtn division is soft.

19 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You have 1 top 25 finish since the 70's.  We are not the same.  Our programs are not comparable.  The biggest accomplishment in SDSU football, ever, is being .500 against Boise.  Your fans even have that in their sig.  Meanwhile Boise fans find it a mark of shame, not pride.  That tells you everything you need to know.

Lol, There would be no Boise without SDSU (first to cross the FBS>FCS threshold). We have wins plenty of big wins. Our greatest legacy was being treated as second class after moving up to D1. Check our history and how many winning seasons went without a bowl afterward in the good ole days. But here's the best part, Boise isn't special anymore, you're living on borrowed time. Since 2015 you guys are just SDSU with a blue field. 

image.png.cb2f833b9d51e0b1068e3c430e69aca4.png

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Lol, There would be no Boise without SDSU (first to cross the FBS>FCS threshold). We have wins plenty of big wins. Our greatest legacy was being treated as second class after moving up to D1. Check our history and how many winning seasons went without a bowl afterward in the good ole days. But here's the best part, Boise isn't special anymore, you're living on borrowed time. Since 2015 you guys are just SDSU with a blue field. 

image.png.cb2f833b9d51e0b1068e3c430e69aca4.png

Since 2015 we have 3 top 25 finishes.  SDSU has two in their programs history...

That's like saying since 2015 Michigan is just Minnesota.  Not much difference on the field but the two programs are still in no way shape or form comparable.  

Since 2015 we have 3 top 25 finishes.  SDSU has two in their programs history...

Top 25 finishes are prom vote equivalents. You guys are the known brand right.

Meanwhile since 2015 overall

Boise 59-19

SDSU 57-22

Conf Championships since 2015

Boise - 2

SDSU - 2

Congrats on living off the past, hopefully that keeps working.

2 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Top 25 finishes are prom vote equivalents. You guys are the known brand right.

Meanwhile since 2015 overall

Boise 59-19

SDSU 57-22

Conf Championships since 2015

Boise - 2

SDSU - 2

Congrats on living off the past, hopefully that keeps working.

I am sure Purdue thinks they are the same as Michigan.  Programs are built over decades, not 5 years.  And our programs are not in any way shape or form comparable.

1 top 25 season since Biden was a hip young man.  That is atrocious.  

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am sure Purdue thinks they are the same as Michigan.  Programs are built over decades, not 5 years.  

Lol, you wish. But also Purdue isn't .500 against Michigan. 2018 proves it's hype not substance. 3 losses, lost the conference championship and lost to 7-6 Okie St and 7-6 SDSU team with a 4-4 MW record. Take your legacy based ranking, congrats. 

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

Lol, you wish. But also Purdue isn't .500 against Michigan. 2018 proves it's hype not substance. 3 losses, lost the conference championship and lost to 7-6 Okie St and 7-6 SDSU team with a 4-4 MW record. Take your legacy based ranking, congrats. 

If it is legacy based, that proves our programs are not comparable.  

SDSU is to Boise as Minnesota is to Michigan.

If it is legacy based, that proves our programs are not comparable.  

SDSU is to Boise as Minnesota is to Michigan.

Sure, except for academics and all sports except football...and also the head to head. 

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

Sure, except for academics and all sports except football...and also the head to head. 

You realize Boise finishes ahead of SDSU in the directors cup almost every year, right?  Our Olympic teams are generally superior, every single year.  

If you want to see the difference in our programs, look at your sig.  You think going .500 against Boise is signature worthy.  I am sure that is the type of thing Michigan State fans do with Michigan.  

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You realize Boise finishes ahead of SDSU in the directors cup almost every year, right?  Our Olympic teams are generally superior, every single year.  

If you want to see the difference in our programs, look at your sig.  You think going .500 against Boise is signature worthy.  I am sure that is the type of thing Michigan State fans do with Michigan.  

lol, yeah my sig totally isnt a troll for big headed boise fans...the fact that most dont hide sigs is still a surprise to me (I don't even see mine). If you sponsor more sports you should finish ahead. But also directors cup? Lol, no one cares after the big 3 (FB, MBB, BB) one of which you guys don't even have. 

Just now, AztecSU said:

lol, yeah my sig totally isnt a troll for big headed boise fans...the fact that most dont hide sigs is still a surprise to me (I don't even see mine). If you sponsor more sports you should finish ahead. But also directors cup? Lol, no one cares after the big 3 (FB, MBB, BB) one of which you guys don't even have. 

There is no big 3.  Baseball is closer women's diving than it is football.  Nobody gives a shit about college baseball, either.  Football is worth about 500% what Mens basketball is worth.  And our football programs are not comparable.  At all.  SDSU does what we say for a reason.  You are a bitch.  We say jump, you go buy a trampoline.  

And we sponsor a whopping 1 more varsity team than SDSU...yet we finish ahead in the Directors cup basically every year.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There is no big 3.  Baseball is closer women's diving than it is football.  Nobody gives a shit about college baseball, either.  Football is worth about 500% what Mens basketball is worth.  And our football programs are not comparable.  At all.  SDSU does what we say for a reason.  You are a bitch.  We say jump, you go buy a trampoline.  

And we sponsor a whopping 1 more varsity team than SDSU...yet we finish ahead in the Directors cup basically every year.

Baseball matters in the B12...I believe founding member ISU is the only one who doesn't sponsor the sport. 3 of the top 10 Baseball schools by revenue are in the B12, 5 of the top 20. Congrats on the Directors cup but you probably finished behind conference power house UNM in those standings.