Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

Boise St at Utah State (CBS)

I think our coaches get blinded by the score at half and overlook the 300 yards given up and make no meaningful adjustments.  First possession of the second half will be critical. BSU scores may deflate the baggies, no points scored will be trouble, 3 and out will be disastrous. 

Just now, tailingpermit said:

Honestly I’m not a fan of coaches that don’t show emotion. 

Remember when Harsin got that unsportsmanlike penalty?  Loved it.  

Andy is just not that type of cat...

Hence why his position coaches and coordinators love him so much.  They want to win for him, for Andy, which is something we never saw with Harsin.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes.  Part of our team is our amazing secondary ball hawks.  Coached by Jeron and Ioane.  We made those plays on the ball, that is part of our teams identity.  

I think it's about even. The secondary is amazing. The run D is just so-so (not as bad as some have claimed, but a weakness). Utah State has a better offense because they can actually run the ball. Boise State has the better QB. One team has confidence that they can come back from a deficit. The other is just waiting for "here we go again." We'll see.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Andy is just not that type of cat...

Hence why his position coaches and coordinators love him so much.  They want to win for him, for Andy, which is something we never saw with Harsin.

The only time I ever saw TCP lose it was 2011 after they gave us the Vegas Bowl, again.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is the second game in a row refs have taken points off our board on missed calls....If you can't see that, that is a you problem, everybody else in football can.

You got screwed in the OSU game on that call and they missed a call here but you have to beat the refs too now?  So dramatic.  There are blown calls every game. 

4 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Honestly I’m not a fan of coaches that don’t show emotion. 

Remember when Harsin got that unsportsmanlike penalty?  Loved it.  

I think there should be some psychology behind dealing with refs. My dad reffed a lot of games so I’ve seen a lot from their side - being an asshole doesn’t help if you are a hothead about every minor thing. But letting them know they got an egregious call wrong can help (like the make-up roughing call last week after the fumble).

1 minute ago, Wyobraska said:

You got screwed in the OSU game on that call and they missed a call here but you have to beat the refs too now?  So dramatic.  There are blown calls every game. 

Can you remember a time a team has gotten +++++ed by the refs the way BSU has in consecutive games?  I honestly have never seen anything like it.

1 minute ago, Wyobraska said:

Yeah, good teams find a way to win. There was a very suspect roughing the passer call after the fumble and Boise didn't take advantage.