Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Rebel BB news

3 football losses must be the threshold to transition from talking about basketball season.  Boise State fans - time to start studying the roster because it could be our time to start talking basketball after this weekend.

Hopefully we don't lose that 0 star kid (5'-11, 155) to BYU as he's currently on a mission. Say what you will about Leon Rice but he has managed to keep the best Idaho basketball players in-state (unless they're good enough to play for Gonzaga/BYU).

thumbnail.jpg?version=636845464623148690

22 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

3 football losses must be the threshold to transition from talking about basketball season.  Boise State fans - time to start studying the roster because it could be our time to start talking basketball after this weekend.

Hopefully we don't lose that 0 star kid (5'-11, 155) to BYU as he's currently on a mission. Say what you will about Leon Rice but he has managed to keep the best Idaho basketball players in-state (unless they're good enough to play for Gonzaga/BYU).

It's been a UNLV fan tradition since 1985  to move on to UNLV BB in the end of September - Only takes one month & UNLV FB's season is over & time to move on to a sport where UNLV can win some games ! :cheer:

52 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

You’re seriously worried about losing him? He looks less physically imposing than Dantley Walker.

Obviously, UNLV has had struggles on the court, but we’ve gotten at least one four start recruit or higher in every recruiting class since 2012 sans 2019 (no HS recruits brought in) and 2021 (Zaon Collins DUI - TJ Otzelberger leaving - No Kaluma).

If Kevin Kruger can coach, and the fans/admin get behind him, we have a chance to be great again.

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You’re seriously worried about losing him? He looks less physically imposing than Dantley Walker.

I was joking.  He could have potential as a shooter (good pedigree, dad played pro in Europe, both parents played at BYU, sister is a 5* junior with Arizona, Stanford, Oregon offers). Reminds me a little of BYU's fomer guard TJ Haws (but shorter, listed at 6'-1" on the sites)

51 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I was joking.  He could have potential as a shooter (good pedigree, dad played pro in Europe, both parents played at BYU, sister is a 5* junior with Arizona, Stanford, Oregon offers). Reminds me a little of BYU's fomer guard TJ Haws (but shorter, listed at 6'-1" on the sites)

If he’s anything more than an emergency zone buster, then Boise State will have problems.

53 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

What's his name?

3 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

It's been a UNLV fan tradition since 1985  to move on to UNLV BB in the end of September - Only takes one month & UNLV FB's season is over & time to move on to a sport where UNLV can win some games ! :cheer:

I thought Vegas’ basketball tradition is cheating? Who knew.