Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Going to the PAC12!

I know the PAC has certainly commanded a bunch of my time this year. YTD in totality I’ve probably watched at least 1 hour of their programming but that was on network tv. Their tournaments are on an island when they come to Vegas with 90%+ of the people attending or watching games being PAC fans.  Good for Vegas but doesn’t affect UNLV. Other than those tournament games people in Vegas pay little attention to the PAC other than some of their transplanted fans. All of these conversations always come back to whether UNLV can become a successful program. If they win we grow, if not then we’re are just an afterthought like the past few decades.

1 hour ago, 702Canary said:

You guys are right.  The P12 doesn't need the Las Vegas market.  They already have it.  They already play games here in both FB & BB.  This was the huge mistake that was made as soon as we let the P12 play their conf tourney here.  We should have blockaded any P12 access to play games in Vegas until they added UNLV.  They want to play here, then put us in the conference.  Instead we got sold out by the strip venues with no pressure at all from ADs to keep this from happening. 

Happens on the regular, and let’s not forget that they screwed over UNLV on the UNLVnow project. 

If Las Vegas had any quality sports journalism they would be asking and doing reports on that. Instead it’s the usual sensationalism. 

One way and maybe the only way I can see that UNLV getting invited is if they buy their way in. It’ll take a lot of money and helping PAC12 clear their debts and each institution would be incentivized to add UNLV.