Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shizzle787

The next dominoes of conference realignment.

11 hours ago, Cowboy said:

CSU is bringing Air Force with them. None of the other teams CSU currently plays is moving the needle for their athletic department.

That sounds like a CSU problem then.  Is playing any of the future AAC teams going to be any different than playing their longtime foes?  They are just different schools their fans will not get excited over. The grass is not greener there  

Besides, don’t they have a great rivalry with Wyoming?  Or are they just tired of losing to the Pokes? 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

10 hours ago, Big Frog II said:

Air Force and CSU joining the AAC makes no sense what so ever.  Do they think SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, and Memphis are going to be big draws?  Memphis could be gone if the Big 12 expands again.  After UH, Cincinnati, and UCF leave the AAC TV contract is going to go down.  I think these two schools are going to regret this if true.

Exactly, the fan base wants no part of this. If true it's coming from the pronoun president and gender neutral AD. They might be that dumb

@shizzle787… HOW DARE YOU! I HOPE you cleared it with @Cowboy before starting a realignment thread? You’re in BIGLY trouble if you didn’t!😡

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, King Spartan said:

I have a hard time buying this rumor. Is it just me?

I don’t think anyone is buying it. AFA maybe, but why would CSU make this move?

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

21 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I don’t think anyone is buying it. AFA maybe, but why would CSU make this move?

They believe they will be more successful in FB. Stepping down in class is one way to make it happen.

That, and I'm sure they're pissed at Boy-Z. So, they are going to take their toys and go play somewhere else.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

15 hours ago, Ibanez said:

If the MWC only had 10 schools there wouldn't be divisions. And I agree with what Mark Zeigler has been told. The MWC without AF and CSU is a stronger conference and loses no media value.

If they leave fine and if they stay that's fine too. 

Staying at ten would be the best move for now, especially if what you had posted about Memphis not adding value to our media deal is true . If that is true, and Memphis doesn't add value to the MW, who does? 

What is a bit confusing, is if they don't add value to the MW, why would the B12 be interested?  If the B12 keeps adding G5 programs, soon they will be part of the gang of six. 

Also, with the 12 team playoff now moved to the back burner, if you're the B12, why add anyone?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

43 minutes ago, lakesbison said:

"Some people in the MWC have pointed to North Texas, Rice and UTSA as potential additions if the conference wants to reach into Texas, while also pointing to North Dakota State if on-field football success is more important."

Many of them on this board....

40 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

What is a bit confusing, is if they don't add value to the MW, why would the B12 be interested?  

Quit being logical.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

If AFA bolts to the AAC which I honestly think would be good for them.  They'd be exposed to two more time zones where their alumni could attend games.  Would AFA prefer to park their Olympic sports in a Conference other than the AAC to be more competitive like Navy? 

I'd like to see Tulsa or SMU added.  However if the AAC teams have no interest in the MWC, I honestly would be okay with New Mexico State or UTEP.  Yep, I said NMSU (for some reason their men's basketball is good most years) and let's be real UNM, you aren't exactly showing them up competition wise these days.

3 hours ago, uteAggie said:

I think it's a no brainer that AFA leaves, CSU makes zero sense in the AAC, either way we're good, no need to add anymore mouths to the conference. 

I see CSU and AFA getting out now... and (depending on the sickem360 rumors of the Big 12 taking the Tulane/Memphis combo) I can see the AAC double-dipping and taking Wyoming and New Mexico around 2025, possibly with Army and others to go to 16.

3mxsBs3.jpg

4 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Staying at ten would be the best move for now, especially if what you had posted about Memphis not adding value to our media deal is true . If that is true, and Memphis doesn't add value to the MW, who does? 

What is a bit confusing, is if they don't add value to the MW, why would the B12 be interested?  If the B12 keeps adding G5 programs, soon they will be part of the gang of six. 

Also, with the 12 team playoff now moved to the back burner, if you're the B12, why add anyone?

Staying at 10 would be a foolish move.  Almost as bad as agreeing to the term sheet as defined.  But Thompson is in charge so we keep blundering along from one bad move to another.   

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

I see CSU and AFA getting out now... and (depending on the sickem360 rumors of the Big 12 taking the Tulane/Memphis combo) I can see the AAC double-dipping and taking Wyoming and New Mexico around 2025, possibly with Army and others to go to 16.

What?!?! You need to modify your meds. Tulane to the Big 12 and Wyoming/New Mexico to the AAC? Okey doke....

I have no idea whether this hot rumor has legs or not.  I do know that the overwhelming sentiment of CSU fans is to NOT go to the AAC.  I do know that a number of boosters have relayed that sentiment to the BOG.  Our President and AD do seem to have the common sense and intellect of your average pocket gopher, so it is possible, but I'm going to call it very unlikely.

Now, I read all these musings from those outside the MWC on what should happen next and if they are even close to correct, the rest of this conference needs to go with us if it should happen.  Pretty much all of those scenarios leave a good conference with some really good programs mired in eternal mediocrity.

Folks couldn't save this crapfest conspiracy garbage for the offseason?

IF (and that's a big IF) the MWC could stay together and agree to pony up $20 million for exit fees, we probably could entice two AAC schools to bail and come over.  Because without their top 3, the conference isn't that great. But that would be the only way to do it.  Is it worth paying $20 million to save the current configuration? I don't think so.