Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada6077

Nevada Wolf Pack

On 9/23/2021 at 3:17 PM, NVGiant said:

Oh, I've been around enough coaches to know that Coach Z sees what happened with Coach W, X, and Y and says, you know, I may have a better chance to win elsewhere.

I think the opposite is somewhat true. Every FBS coach thinks they can win, period. If they didn’t think they were a winning coach, they wouldn’t stay in coaching. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

23 minutes ago, lobo-tomy said:

I think the opposite is somewhat true. Every FBS coach thinks they can win, period. If they didn’t think they were a winning coach, they wouldn’t stay in coaching. 

Nah. That’s what they say in the press conference. They all want to win, but most aren’t dumb. In the context of this conversation, an experienced, successful coach would avoid a historic losing program if given a choice. That’s the kind of work left for coaches looking for an opportunity.

17 hours ago, toonkee said:

Boise State saw a slight uptick in season tickets sold, the first time in over five years. The first two games have been well attended as will the game with the Pack next Saturday. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

The ticket office is a joke right now. We tried to buy them before the Cal game and no one called back. Nevada sold over 10k during big sky days. 

My neighbor went to the Ida St game.  He said they got there at around 6:00 PM for the 7:30 kickoff.  He drove around & around looking for a place to park.  Decided he didn't want to walk a 1/4 mile, went home & watched it on TV.  The U has built buildings on what used to be parking plus all the neighborhoods are permitted.  That 23,000 was likely tickets sold but still not having access doesn't help when the games are on tv. 

When Groth left the AD's office, Nevada went to reporting tickets sold as their attendance again. However the parking has been an issue for quite a bit of time, our last year of being season tickets holders years ago, they were having heavy parking and traffic issues on campus. Then with more and more areas off campus not permitting parking it is getting a bit worse to where if you can park downtown and either walk or take the bus there that only runs certain times.

It’s hard for a lot of people to shell out so much upfront for season tickets. But as a game by game event, I think the numbers will be OK. People are looking to go to games again, just hard to do season tickets with the pandemic impact and inflation hitting so hard. That’s a lot of upfront money for good tickets. Good thing Nevada doesn’t have to complete with pro teams for their limited “fun” budget $ like the Vegas St. University does. 

kat.jpg

One of the huge things Nevada used to enjoy was people waking up and like hey want to go to the Nevada game today and then head to the box office to get some tickets for the day. However another thing that has changed the culture a bit is that Nevada almost exclusively has night games now,