Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

Gabby Petito

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

If he did it (and I think he did), and he is dead, in my opinion, this would be a good outcome.  The sooner his name disappears from the news, the better.

No.  Her family deserved to know what happened, how and why.  

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No.  Her family deserved to know what happened, how and why.  

Isn't it obvious? Putting on trial and through the media circus for 2 to 5 years would do nothing to help the family in the healing process.

110926run_defense710.jpg

25 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Isn't it obvious? Putting them on trial in through the media circus for 2 to 5 years would do nothing to help the family in the healing process.

Yes it is obvious.  The family of Gabby has stated under no unclear terms they want him found alive to help them get closure.  What is not obvious is how, why, what is the reasoning for her death other than he likely killed her.  They want answers and this is the worst possible outcome for them based on their own statements.

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes it is obvious.  The family of Gabby has stated under no unclear terms they want him found alive to help them get closure.  What is not obvious is how, why, what is the reasoning for her death other than he likely killed her.  They want answers and this is the worst possible outcome for them based on their own statements.

But how many answers would they ever really get? He wouldn’t have taken the stand. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

But how many answers would they ever really get? He wouldn’t have taken the stand. 

You don't know.  A lot of murderers crack in interrogation or reveal what happened later while in prison, he could have been convinced to take a plea in exchange for the information as well.

We know what the the family of Petito was hoping for, and it is sad it looks like their hope for his capture is dashed.

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You don't know.  A lot of murderers crack in interrogation or reveal what happened later while in prison, he could have been convinced to take a plea in exchange for the information as well.

We know what the the family of Petito was hoping for, and it is sad it looks like their hope for his capture is dashed.

I understand they wanted him to go to trial and be punished. In addition to Old San Diego dudes thoughts, it is more likely that the family would have to wait years for closure as assorted painful and horrific details come out. Maybe he would have been a real jackwad and said hurtful things, maybe he would have expressed pleasure in doing what he did. Not sure if he would have been eligible for the death penalty or not.  I understand the Petito family feelings, but I still think they would feel closure much sooner if Brian turns up dead.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I understand they wanted him to go to trial and be punished. In addition to Old San Diego dudes thoughts, it is more likely that the family would have to wait years for closure as assorted painful and horrific details come out. Maybe he would have been a real jackwad and said hurtful things, maybe he would have expressed pleasure in doing what he did. Not sure if he would have been eligible for the death penalty or not.  I understand the Petito family feelings, but I still think they would feel closure much sooner if Brian turns up dead.

Maybe?  I know if I was in their position I would have wanted the trial and my chance to say my piece/peace to him afterwards as is often the case and just the chance to know what happened in those last days.  

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Maybe?  I know if I was in their position I would have wanted the trial and my chance to say my piece/peace to him afterwards as is often the case and just the chance to know what happened in those last days.  

I respect your opinion and my heart grieves for the family and friends of Gabby. 

110926run_defense710.jpg

i'm backing @modestobulldog bulldog on this

no trial, no mass media attention vortex, no weirdo women writing to him while he's in jail, nothing

there's no answer that a trial could give, nor testimony laundrie could've provided, that would ultimately bring the closure and peace they'll need.  they'll need to be angry for a little while, first, then let that anger cool and morph into grief, then acceptance, then hopefully they can learn to forgive laundrie.  not because he deserves it, but because they deserve peace.

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Victims families always say this but rarely if ever does it give them what they are looking for.  They won't understand the reasons why, it will just make them angry and bitter.  There is no closure with death. You accept it, grieve, and learn to live with the loss.

4 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

i'm backing @modestobulldog bulldog on this

no trial, no mass media attention vortex, no weirdo women writing to him while he's in jail, nothing

there's no answer that a trial could give, nor testimony laundrie could've provided, that would ultimately bring the closure and peace they'll need.  they'll need to be angry for a little while, first, then let that anger cool and morph into grief, then acceptance, then hopefully they can learn to forgive laundrie.  not because he deserves it, but because they deserve peace.

During the last month plus, I thought of the most famous trial in Modesto history (crime committed in Modesto, tried in Santa Clara county as I recall) of that San Diego guy Scott Peterson who allegedly murdered his pregnant wife and local gal Laci Rocha Peterson and did it on or about Christmas Eve.  Hell, his death sentence was recently overturned, local district attorney isn't going to reprosecute as death penalty, he should be sentenced to life imprisonment later this fall. The Rocha's are okay with that as well.  Here it is almost 20 years later and Rocha's life is still disrupted with legal wrangling. I guess there's documentaries out there that cast doubt on Scott's guilt.  Had Brian been caught alive, it's likely things would have played similar to Scott Peterson.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, 702Canary said:

Dirty Laundry's parents are disgusting humans. That's about all I got at this point.

I agree they should be prosecuted. They finally started to help a month later and he was found immediately or what was left of him.  Apparently the FBI threatened to send them to jail for 5 years before they started to cooperate. 

I think the Dad actually personally found him or at least some of his stuff. The details will be clearer in a few days.

The Masters 5k road race All American.