Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

Gabby Petito

46 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. This was the year the Padres were going to take down the Dodgers. Instead they have faded away and won’t even sniff the playoffs. The Padres were supposed to get Scherzer. What a joke. Scherzer was never going to go that bunch of losers. Of course he ended up with the Dodgers. 

You’re a Dodgers fan?

51 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You’re a Dodgers fan?

Yep, was a Brooklyn fan and was ecstatic when the Bums moved to LA. I went to many a game in the LA Coliseum and Chavez Ravine. Saw some of the old guys play like Gil Hodges, Duke Snider, Peewee Reese, Carl Furillo, Jim Gilliam, Johnny Padres, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale. Unfortunately Roy Campanella was paralyzed in a car accident just before the Dodgers moved to LA. 

My wife is a Giants fan having grown up in Menlo Park. She went to games when Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, Marichal, Perry, the Alous, and those guys played. 

12 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

There's definitely a shade of penis envy in our hate for LA and their sports teams, but it stems from no small part from the traffic, congestion, pollution, and violence that has spilled down here for decades, combined with the plasticine douchiness of your prototypical Los Angelean.

They stole our Clippers. They stole our Chargers. Traffic on the 405 reminds me of Bombay rush hour. Honestly, while there are more than a few provincial pockets of cool, LA in general has the redeeming quality of a hobo's unwashed anus, at least when viewed through the lens of a whale's vagina.

Re: Nando and Manny, that's just Nando's lack of maturity. The kids all of what - 24? If that? - they love each other like brothers and brothers fight from time to time. This epic implosion is unfamiliar territory to Nando and other youngbloods, and I'm sure it taste's like shit to everybody on that roster. I honestly feel bad for those guys.

Me on the other hand, well, as a SD fan, I just shrug. We've come to expect things like global pandemics and the like to f*ck with our mojo. :shrug:

You need Bruce Bochy to come back 

8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Yep, was a Brooklyn fan and was ecstatic when the Bums moved to LA. I went to many a game in the LA Coliseum and Chavez Ravine. Saw some of the old guys play like Gil Hodges, Duke Snider, Peewee Reese, Carl Furillo, Jim Gilliam, Johnny Padres, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale. Unfortunately Roy Campanella was paralyzed in a car accident just before the Dodgers moved to LA. 

My wife is a Giants fan having grown up in Menlo Park. She went to games when Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, Marichal, Perry, the Alous, and those guys played. 

Sounds like I’d like your wife! The 60s were a hell of a time in the rivalry. Giants had an incredible collection of talent, but Koufax, Drysdale and the rest of that crew always did one better, with the exception of ‘62.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Sounds like I’d like your wife! The 60s were a hell of a time in the rivalry. Giants had an incredible collection of talent, but Koufax, Drysdale and the rest of that crew always did one better, with the exception of ‘62.

You have to love the harshness of the old system. You won 95 games? Good job, enjoy your offseason and participation trophy. Oh wait it’s the 60’s, we don’t have those.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

You need Bruce Bochy to come back 

I will always have a broner for Boch. He actually still maintains a house in our "neighborhood." My wife used to see him at her gym during the offseason.

I had a Game 5 ticket in 1998... paid a shitton of money for it - about five rows behind home plate. I was giving a final at State during Game 4 and had brought in one of those little tailgate TVs to watch the game. I honestly think I f*cked up a couple dozen finals that evening while watching the game. :ph34r: 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

12 hours ago, renoskier said:

let's just simply...

all fans, other than my team's fans...

suck!

Nah.... KC fans and Bronco fans were good people and fun to party with before games and talk shit with during them.

You could create two silos - one for tolerable fans and one for intolerable fans. You might even have room for a 1-2 more in the latter once you fill it up with Steeler, Cowboy, Yankee, BoSox, and Dodger fans.

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. This was the year the Padres were going to take down the Dodgers. Instead they have faded away and won’t even sniff the playoffs. The Padres were supposed to get Scherzer. What a joke. Scherzer was never going to go that bunch of losers. Of course he ended up with the Dodgers. 

Damn... and I thought we had penis envy because the Dodgers have been there and done that.

Now thanks to your post I know what it's like to come from a cornfield in BFE where you have no dick at all. :shrug:

On 9/21/2021 at 12:13 PM, tspoke said:

Isn't it more of an indictment of society than the media? THey run what gets them clicks/views/ratings and as HMHB said when bad things happen to pretty white girls, it sells. 

I agree that it is incredibly sad what happens on the reservations and to women of color more generally don't get the coverage of missing or murdered white girls but I see it more as the fault of society than turning it into some sort of cudgel against the media. 

The media has a big hand in how society thinks and takes advantage of its weaknesses.   Aparently you trust them and like what they give you.

20 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

The media has a big hand in how society thinks and takes advantage of its weaknesses.   Aparently you trust them and like what they give you.

I think you let the media control too much about what you think. I don't pay too close attention to any of it. I check different news sites throughout the day. Never watch news programs. I don't trust them but I do t believe they are some big bad trying to shape us. They are motivated by profit like most people. That means chasing the stories that get clicks. 

I usually spend 2 hours a day just reading updates on this story. Not sure why but I’m Enthralled with this story. 

Harry and Megan are another couple I can’t get enough of.  Hopefully a murder doesn’t happen there. I would be devastated.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

33 minutes ago, robe said:

I usually spend 2 hours a day just reading updates on this story. Not sure why but I’m Enthralled with this story. 

Harry and Megan are another couple I can’t get enough of.  Hopefully a murder doesn’t happen there. I would be devastated.

Bruh wtf

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, robe said:

if you play your cards right you might be able to evict a couple like this one day

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

The FBi has found human remains in a Florida park.  A backpack and other items were found in the same park, belonging to Brian Laundrie.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.