Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

Gabby Petito

18 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

In SD there are many transplants so you always get a good amount of fans for the visiting team. IMO Mets fans are the absolute worst. 

That’s only because the Yankees don’t come to SD often! 

35 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hello? Yankee fans? BoSox fans? Dodger fans? :hmmm:

Nope.  Cubs fans were obnoxious when the Cubs were losers.  And now that they are losers again, same shit, different year.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

15 minutes ago, RSF said:

Nope.  Cubs fans were obnoxious when the Cubs were losers.  And now that they are losers again, same shit, different year.

That's the way I feel about Boston fans. They were bad when they were losing and even worse when winning.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

In SD there are many transplants so you always get a good amount of fans for the visiting team. IMO Mets fans are the absolute worst. 

It always bugged me that people conflate that with (us SD) fans as being "soft." We have more transplants than Denver has people. Between them and the portion of the 36 million visitors that dovetail their vacation with a chance to visit Petco (and the Q before that), there will always be a lot of hostile BIS at SD games.

But having held Charger season tickets for eight years and having attended both Charger and Padres games over the last five decades, we turn the f*ck out. It just takes enough probability of success for locals to outspend transplants due to the plethora of things to do and because we take access for granted.

The Q went OFF during the Martyball, Boss Ross, and Air Coryell eras.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

21 minutes ago, RSF said:

Yeah but Boston fans tho.

The only thing on this planet more obnoxious than a Boston fan is two of them.

17 hours ago, RSF said:

Nobody is worse than Cub fans.

Nobody.

Says the South Side Anti Vaxers.

I'll never forget when BLM tried to march through Mt Greenwood (all sox fans), thought WW3 was going to break out.

Cubs fans are just there to get drunk and watch the team lose, jolly folk.

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

It always bugged me that people conflate that with (us SD) fans as being "soft." We have more transplants than Denver has people. Between them and the portion of the 36 million visitors that dovetail their vacation with a chance to visit Petco (and the Q before that), there will always be a lot of hostile BIS at SD games.

But having held Charger season tickets for eight years and having attended both Charger and Padres games over the last five decades, we turn the f*ck out. It just takes enough probability of success for locals to outspend transplants due to the plethora of things to do and because we take access for granted.

The Q went OFF during the Martyball, Boss Ross, and Air Coryell eras.

I got friends in SD and totally get why you want the Dodgers to lose more than Padres to win.  j/k

The Manny Tatis thing was funny.

9 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

I got friends in SD and totally get why you want the Dodgers to lose more than Padres to win.  j/k

The Manny Tatis thing was funny.

There's definitely a shade of penis envy in our hate for LA and their sports teams, but it stems from no small part from the traffic, congestion, pollution, and violence that has spilled down here for decades, combined with the plasticine douchiness of your prototypical Los Angelean.

They stole our Clippers. They stole our Chargers. Traffic on the 405 reminds me of Bombay rush hour. Honestly, while there are more than a few provincial pockets of cool, LA in general has the redeeming quality of a hobo's unwashed anus, at least when viewed through the lens of a whale's vagina.

Re: Nando and Manny, that's just Nando's lack of maturity. The kids all of what - 24? If that? - they love each other like brothers and brothers fight from time to time. This epic implosion is unfamiliar territory to Nando and other youngbloods, and I'm sure it taste's like shit to everybody on that roster. I honestly feel bad for those guys.

Me on the other hand, well, as a SD fan, I just shrug. We've come to expect things like global pandemics and the like to f*ck with our mojo. :shrug:

15 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

There's definitely a shade of penis envy in our hate for LA and their sports teams, but it stems from no small part from the traffic, congestion, pollution, and violence that has spilled down here for decades, combined with the plasticine douchiness of your prototypical Los Angelean.

They stole our Clippers. They stole our Chargers. Traffic on the 405 reminds me of Bombay rush hour. Honestly, while there are more than a few provincial pockets of cool, LA in general has the redeeming quality of a hobo's unwashed anus, at least when viewed through the lens of a whale's vagina.

I am with you.  The Clips and Chargers should be in SD.  I'd be salty. The Padres/Dodgers dynamic is kinda funny tho.  I know it an MLWest thing but i'd be more pissed with the Angels instead of Dodgers.

20 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

I am with you.  The Clips and Chargers should be in SD.  I'd be salty. The Padres/Dodgers dynamic is kinda funny tho

Definitely a bit of small dick syndrome there, no doubt about it. I really don't think they dislike us nearly as much as we dislike them. You ask the average Dodger fan what they think about Padres fans and I think your answer is as likely as not to be -

who.gif

But the trashy Dodger fans who come down here give some Raider fans a run for their money and feed the rationalization for our hate.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Definitely a bit of small dick syndrome there, no doubt about it. I really don't think they dislike us nearly as much as we dislike them. You ask the average Dodger fan what they think about Padres fans and I think your answer is as likely as not to be -

who.gif

But the trashy Dodger fans who come down here give some Raider fans a run for their money and feed the rationalization for our hate.

Although to be fair the Raider scum definitely brought out the worst in Chargers fans. It got to the point where I didn’t even go to those games. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

35 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Although to be fair the Raider scum definitely brought out the worst in Chargers fans. It got to the point where I didn’t even go to those games. 

Going to a Raiders game in Oakland was a scene. Never had less fun at a pro sports event.

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Re: Nando and Manny, that's just Nando's lack of maturity. The kids all of what - 24? If that? - they love each other like brothers and brothers fight from time to time. This epic implosion is unfamiliar territory to Nando and other youngbloods, and I'm sure it taste's like shit to everybody on that roster. I honestly feel bad for those guys.

Me on the other hand, well, as a SD fan, I just shrug. We've come to expect things like global pandemics and the like to f*ck with our mojo. :shrug:

:rotflmfao:

54 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Tbh most of the Raider fans I wold talk to at the Raider games were good people... they reminded me of the NFL equivalent of Dead Heads in that they would follow the team wherever they played. But unlike Dead Heads who know how many pubes decorated Jerry Garcia's taint, Raider fans tended to not know shit about football. 

There were always fights in the stands during Raider games, but tbh more often than not it was some South Side cholo throwing down because we had to show we didn't give a f*ck.

4 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Lol. This was the year the Padres were going to take down the Dodgers. Instead they have faded away and won’t even sniff the playoffs. The Padres were supposed to get Scherzer. What a joke. Scherzer was never going to go that bunch of losers. Of course he ended up with the Dodgers.