Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Will the MWC HQ leave Colorado if CSU/Air Force depart?

Where Should the MWC Headquarters Move to... if not Colorado?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Where Should the MWC Put Their Future Headquarters?

• Albuquerque, NM
    • Laramie, Wyoming
    • Boise, Idaho
    • Houston, Texas
    • Fresno, California
    • Las Vegas, Nevada
    • El Paso, Texas
    • Mānoa, Hawaii
    • Denton, Texas
    • San Jose, California
    • Las Cruses, New Mexico
    • Reno, Nevada

@Cowboy The conference HQ doesn't need to move. There's no NCAA rule stating that you have to have conference teams in the state where the HQ is located. And if it helps you sleep better remember that Colorado College is a Mountain West affiliate. 

51 minutes ago, Ram1554 said:

Same. Hopefully CSU stays, but I’ll help AFA pack their bags. 

I would much rather keep AFA but as to the question here the only choice is SAN DIEGO as it is the only real city in the conference. 

8 hours ago, 1066 said:

I would much rather keep AFA but as to the question here the only choice is SAN DIEGO as it is the only real city in the conference. 

Why would you want RPI drainer Air Force over Colorado State?  They have only had four seasons with a winning record in conference play since 1980 (2003-04 - 2006-07).

12 hours ago, 1066 said:

Real Estate is pricey in Sandy Eggo. It's another Larry Scott Pac HQ trap.

The Big Sky just moved their HQ  from Ogden down to Farmington. Their old office space is available. And it's cheap.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/21/2021 at 4:20 PM, fsdog07 said:

I think this is a fascinating question actually...

IF SDSU is committed to the MW over the AAC, then Fresno and San Jose are, too.  Which means the California State University system is committed to it.

Long Beach should become the HQ, it's where the CSU is HQ'd and the conferences marquee bowl is in LA.  It would also be a symbolic shift away from the front range.

Why put it in the backyard of one of the other teams that has already expressed an interest in leaving and was half out the door a few years ago? Not to mention the need to give Hair a raise for the cost of living in So Cal. Horrible idea all around. 

59 minutes ago, An Admirer from the East said:

Frankly it sounds like the MWC may be on the verge of collapsing.....I hope not!

It won't collapse because CSU or AFA leave.  If BSU leaves that will be a blow for sure, but still not collapse stage.  Folks thought the same thing when BYU, Utah and TCU left and though football downgraded, it easily survived.

38 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It won't collapse because CSU or AFA leave.  If BSU leaves that will be a blow for sure, but still not collapse stage.  Folks thought the same thing when BYU, Utah and TCU left and though football downgraded, it easily survived.

Norlander also reports that schools may be more than happy to leave the Mountain West. "The biggest problem right now is no one has any faith in Craig Thompson as commissioner and there is growing concern about the league." a source told Norlander.

There is NO DOUBT CT's laissez-faire approach to PR and Media Relations has and is costing this leaguing. A few weeks ago mainstream sports were saying the MWC was the big winner as far as G5 goes calling us the strongest G5 conference, post realignment.

The Presidents of this Conference have no-one to blame but themselves for letting this guy pilot the ship for so long. Now is the time to not faith in him.....really!

4 minutes ago, An Admirer from the East said:

Norlander also reports that schools may be more than happy to leave the Mountain West. "The biggest problem right now is no one has any faith in Craig Thompson as commissioner and there is growing concern about the league." a source told Norlander.

There is NO DOUBT CT's laissez-faire approach to PR and Media Relations has and is costing this leaguing. A few weeks ago mainstream sports were saying the MWC was the big winner as far as G5 goes calling us the strongest G5 conference, post realignment.

The Presidents of this Conference have no-one to blame but themselves for letting this guy pilot the ship for so long. Now is the time to not faith in him.....really!

I like Craig Thompson.

However, the uneven distribution of revenue was a mistake. That kind of placating usually spells the beginning of the end.

Right now these schools are just doing what they feel is in their best interest. Nothing more, nothing less. 

3mxsBs3.jpg