Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

Time to Separate the MWC Contenders from Pretenders?

Wyoming  --- Pretender. 

2 MAC team wins doesn't mean squat. Barely beat Montana St. whoppee. Got UConn next. Who the hell did their schedule, seems like a pretender to me hiding behind these cupcake wins with soft OOC schedule on purpose. 

Utah St. --- Contender

2 FBS wins against decent teams. (Washington St. & Air Force) and 1 blow-out win against an FCS school as should be. Got Boise St. next at home. Expect an upset coming.

Nevada --- Pretender  

1 barely win against the PAC-12's doormat (Cal) and you think they won the MWC west division (which they never have). 1 blow-out win against an FCS (as should be) doesn't do anything for them. 1 blow-out loss to a mid level FBS school defines what Nevada is all about.  Aveage at best. Sorry Nevada I don't care what Phil Steele says, not this year. Take a seat with all the other pretenders.

San Diego St --- Contender

This is a hard one to judge. 2 wins over winless teams doesn't say much for them. It's the 1 win against a Pac-12 annual Pretender in Utah at home that put them in this category. I'll give them the benefit of the douth so far, the defense looks legit.

Fresno St. --- Contender

8 points away from being a top 10 team, they're legit. Could easily win the Pac-12 South. Let's hope they don't have their annual shit the bed loss to a bad team like UNLV.  Oh wait that's San Diego St. right, na, it's Fresno St. 

Boise St. --- Contender

What can I say, it's Boise St. They're always a contender.

San Jose St. --- Pretender

A 2-1 record doesn't truly indicate how bad this team is. Set an NCAA record for dropped passes with Approx 20 and still won. Luck is on their side, it's a matter of time before it runs out and they return to being the laughing stock of the MWC.

Hawaii, New Mexico, Colorado St, Air Force, UNLV.  --- Neither

Their record indicate what they are, good or bad.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Wyoming  --- Pretender. 

2 MAC team wins doesn't mean squat. Barely beat Montana St. whoppee. Got UConn next. Who the hell did their schedule, seems like a pretender to me hiding behind these cupcake wins with soft OOC schedule on purpose. 

Utah St. --- Contender

2 FBS wins against decent teams. (Washington St. & Air Force) and 1 blow-out win against an FCS school as should be. Got Boise St. next at home. Expect an upset coming.

Nevada --- Pretender  

1 barely win against the PAC-12's doormat (Cal) and you think they won the MWC west division (which they never have). 1 blow-out win against an FCS (as should be) doesn't do anything for them. 1 blow-out loss to a mid level FBS school defines what Nevada is all about.  Aveage at best. Sorry Nevada I don't care what Phil Steele says, not this year. Take a seat with all the other pretenders.

San Diego St --- Contender

This is a hard one to judge. 2 wins over winless teams doesn't say much for them. It's the 1 win against a Pac-12 annual Pretender in Utah at home that put them in this category. I'll give them the benefit of the douth so far, the defense looks legit.

Fresno St. --- Contender

8 points away from being a top 10 team, they're legit. Could easily win the Pac-12 South. Let's hope they don't have their annual shit the bed loss to a bad team like UNLV.  Oh wait that's San Diego St. right, na, it's Fresno St. 

Boise St. --- Contender

What can I say, it's Boise St. They're always a contender.

San Jose St. --- Pretender

A 2-1 record doesn't truly indicate how bad this team is. Set an NCAA record for dropped passes with Approx 20 and still won. Luck this on their side, it's a matter of time before it runs out and return to being the laughing stock of the MWC.

Hawaii, New Mexico, Colorado St, Air Force, UNLV.  --- Neither

Their record indicate what they are, good or bad.

At this point in the season...I'll agree with Nevada -pretender status.

24 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Wyoming  --- Pretender. 

Except you’re wrong.  Wyoming scheduled Clemson.  Clemson didn’t want to play Wyoming after watching them beat Missouri so Clemson paid Wyoming $1 million a year ago to buy out of the game and UCONN was the only FBS team with an open spot in their schedule.  

Moral of the story - wise move by Clemson.  This Wyoming team would have beat them.  

1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Except you’re wrong.  Wyoming scheduled Clemson.  Clemson didn’t want to play Wyoming after watching them beat Missouri so Clemson paid Wyoming $1 million a year ago to buy out of the game and UCONN was the only FBS team with an open spot in their schedule.  

Moral of the story - wise move by Clemson.  This Wyoming team would have beat them.  

Funny story, especially the end. You should be a comedian.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I’m not sold on Wyoming being a contender either (for the record I believe our UCONN game was supposed to be against Clemson who bought us out to play Georgia instead). However one of those MAC wins was a huge blowout against the defending MAC champs. I’m not saying they are world beaters but I know you’re just hating Warbow! 

tetons1.jpg

2 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

I’m not sold on Wyoming being a contender either (for the record I believe our UCONN game was supposed to be against Clemson who bought us out to play Georgia instead). However one of those MAC wins was a huge blowout against the defending MAC champs. I’m not saying they are world beaters but I know you’re just hating Warbow! 

Are you saying that Northern Illinois is better than Montana St?

5 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

WTF are you talking about? I’m confused by your question. 

Do you know that Northern Illinois got blown out at Michigan 63-10 this week and you consider that a good win against them?

I guess you’re talking about Ball st which makes that win even funnier being Penn St whooped them 44-13 the week before.

Either way you slice it, 3 wins against 3 horrible teams. 2 of those games you barely won.

4 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

How’s Hawaii doing? Have they beat some great teams this year? I didn’t see any votes for them in the polls. 

Read the post, I said the record indicates how good or bad they are. I got no arguments for Hawaii, we’re bad. You wanted to discuss Wyoming and can’t handle the facts so you want to shift focus on Hawaii?, lame.

3 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Read the post, I said the record indicates how good or bad they are. I got no arguments for Hawaii, we’re bad. You wanted to discuss Wyoming and can’t handle the facts so you want to shift focus on Hawaii?, lame.

You sound upset.    Surely you can break out your Josh Allen jersey and that may help you understand what it is like to be a winner.  

39 minutes ago, Warbow said:

A team drops 20 passes, yet beats you at home. It's not that we're pretenders, we're clearly not deep. We had 3s and subs from other positions playing receiver roles. Yet we still beat you. You're not bad. You are terrible.

We did get a glimpse of the future with Robinson and Garrett. They will get more touches and pick up for Nevens (was out for the game) at running back. And our multiple-set offense will be as good as last season and the season before.

2 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

lol at everybody getting mad at Warbow when he came out at the beginning and said Hawaii isn't good this year. 

The truth hurts.

36 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

A team drops 20 passes, yet beats you at home. It's not that we're pretenders, we're clearly not deep. We had 3s and subs from other positions playing receiver roles. Yet we still beat you. You're not bad. You are terrible.

We did get a glimpse of the future with Robinson and Garrett. They will get more touches and pick up for Nevens (was out for the game) at running back. And our multiple-set offense will be as good as last season and the season before.

Agree we are terrible right now but you guys are a little less terrible.

Boise State needs to get their shit together for a full game against teams that matter. They dominated two pretty good teams for a half and forgot you have to play two half’s. Harsin left Avalos a mess on the O and Dlines. Both lines are struggling with injuries and poor play. We can’t run the ball or stop the run. If line play improves we’ll become a contender. If not, middle of the pack.