Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at #22/25 Fresno State

Also, UNLV can use some more conditioning. Their oline was gassed at the end. I can understand their def being gassed, but the oline looked like slobs.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Offensive line under Hauck and Sanchez were much better in the run game. Reason for it, offensive scheme, recruiting, not sure but don't blame it on lack of nutrition or training facilities. Some maturation process I'm hoping. Tiger Shanks #70 has had a tough year at tackle but the whole unit has not played well, they know it.

10 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

Also, UNLV can use some more conditioning. Their oline was gassed at the end. I can understand their def being gassed, but the oline looked like slobs.

That leads directly back into Brumfield taking way too many big hits and getting knocked out of the game.

2 minutes ago, HeyReb89 said:

Offensive line under Hauck and Sanchez were much better in the run game. Reason for it, offensive scheme, recruiting, not sure but don't blame it on lack of nutrition or training facilities. Some maturation process I'm hoping. Tiger Shanks #70 has had a tough year at tackle but the whole unit has not played well, they know it.

They played a lot better last night.

5 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Thoughts?  Fresno State is defensively challenged.  Your defense is just not very good.  Offensively the Bulldogs are one dimensional, they can’t really run the ball.  That said, you’ve got a really good passing game and I think you will play in a lot of shoot out games like tonight.  I think the Bulldogs will have trouble with SDSU, SJSU, and Boise, although Boise can’t run or stop the run this season either. The Bulldog vs. Wolfpack game may end up something like 62-59.  That one will be all offense and no defense. 

Fresno States D Line is very good but the team played a bit undisciplined.   Again, some of that was UCLA hangover and some is the back 7 can be exploited.

They team has room to improve for sure but so does every team.   We aren’t just waltzing through conference but then I never thought we would.   Going to Hawaii is always tough.  Hopefully this game got our attention and everyone made money on the 30 point spread.  

30 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Everyone gets a pat on the back for OOC play, but a knife to the gut when conference play starts. I +++++ing love this board. 

Conference play is different than OOC regardless of the sport.  I’ve been saying that for a while.

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Wasn’t talking about you, Mike.

My first thought was to go back to read the comments from panicking Bulldog fans in the first half. Instead, I ran into a bunch of SJSU fans celebrating Fresno’s struggles. 

Eh, IMO, rooting against MWC teams in non-conference games is out and out fooking stupid - whether it be Frenso St., SJSU... or whomever.  As a collective, we need to win as many of those games as we can, plain and simple.  But I think fans can have their picks in conference games as they see fit...

Speaking for myself only, I wasn't being gleeful at all, rather, observing that I didn't think Fresno would end up losing - despite their early foibles.  Moreover, I think SJSU fans (well, this fan anyway) understands that Fresno St. appears to represent a huge threat on the road to the MWC title this year (whereas we can probably all agree UNLV is not), so why not root against them here?  That's only common sense - any "rivalry" aspect between the teams/schools, be damned...

It appears your long overdue sensitivity training is working, albeit in an odd way.  Still, you've never held back your (great) angst against SJSU, so I wouldn't (remotely) expect any modest commentary SJSU made by a small handful of fans as to last night's Bulldog game to change your tune when it comes to today's SJSU game - even tho' this is a needed MWC non-conference game, right? 

Right...

6 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Thoughts?  Fresno State is defensively challenged.  Your defense is just not very good.  Offensively the Bulldogs are one dimensional, they can’t really run the ball.  That said, you’ve got a really good passing game and I think you will play in a lot of shoot out games like tonight.  I think the Bulldogs will have trouble with SDSU, SJSU, and Boise, although Boise can’t run or stop the run this season either. The Bulldog vs. Wolfpack game may end up something like 62-59.  That one will be all offense and no defense. 

Silly post

Not saying Sanchize was any great shakes.  But our last idiot AD downgraded with this hire and yet found a way to pay this total clown more money.  Brilliant.  Arroyo never should have been hired.  Oregon fans will tell you this.  At least we had somewhat of an identity under Sanchez & Barney and good OL play.  We could run the ball at will against better teams.  This team is a mismanaged shambles, more concerned about social media presence.  Lots of talent being wasted.

23 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

Not saying Sanchize was any great shakes.  But our last idiot AD downgraded with this hire and yet found a way to pay this total clown more money.  Brilliant.  Arroyo never should have been hired.  Oregon fans will tell you this.  At least we had somewhat of an identity under Sanchez & Barney and good OL play.  We could run the ball at will against better teams.  This team is a mismanaged shambles, more concerned about social media presence.  Lots of talent being wasted.

Morgan Scalley!

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Morgan Scalley!

Not the answer either.  Look UNLV needs a 'name' coach with some cache and they need to pay for it and get this ridiculous charade over with.  We had Franchione begging for the job awhile back but Livengood decided to hire Hauck on the cheap instead (while calling it 'the most important hire in UNLV football history)". 

The last time UNLV had a name coach he turned an 0-12 team into a bowl team in 2 years and had us pre-season top25 with a Heisman candidate before the awful decision was made to make him AD also.  UNLV isn't going to do shit with their FB program until they figure this out, except it's been in front of their face for 20 years now.

4 hours ago, Dirtball said:

Honestly, the complaining about holding by Fresno fans is pathetic. 

That said, that passing game is fun to watch.

i've been bitching all year about the DL getting held, win or lose.  I am consistent in this regard.

For all the Rebel fans this board. Give credit where credit is due you guys pushed my Dogs to the brink and made us earn this win. I'm not some football savant, but from watching the game last night I think the Rebs have the talent and attiitude that you will win some games in the MWC this year.

4 hours ago, BulldogRed said:

For all the Rebel fans this board. Give credit where credit is due you guys pushed my Dogs to the brink and made us earn this win. I'm not some football savant, but from watching the game last night I think the Rebs have the talent and attiitude that you will win some games in the MWC this year.

After seeing a couple of the games today/tonight, lol, I could see the rebs maybe getting a couple of wins if Brumfield can get healthy.

5 hours ago, BulldogRed said:

I hope not.  I have an under bet at 1.5.  I would bet it again.  Unlv might be the worst team I’ve watched in 25 years.