Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at #22/25 Fresno State

Just now, CPslograd said:

By, the Dogs are really good this year.  They just didn’t play that well tonight.  

I do realize that, you've got some great wins this year. As I said, I'm not impressed with them tonight. But it's understandable.

35 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

They should. Not gonna lie, I'm not impressed with your team right now, but I'll acknowledge that they probably took UNLV way too lightly. Get it together, lol.

Fresno St took a step back........might be expected coming off the W at UCLA & facing an 0-3 UNLV.........but UNLV did better than I was expecting & there were some positives for UNLV to take away from tonight's game 

Fresno can get it together & make a run at the MWC title ............and after this, I think UNLV could have a shot at a couple of MWC wins 

20 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

By, the Dogs are really good this year.  They just didn’t play that well tonight.  And, UNLV played well

Yep the could be really good.  They need to stop reading their news clippings and get better each week.  Some of this shit is on the city.  

Fresno State week for beating a team you beat 4 times in a row??

19 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yep the could be really good.  They need to stop reading their news clippings and get better each week.  Some of this shit is on the city.  

Fresno State week for beating a team you beat 4 times in a row??

I also think the UNLV coaches found something watching the tape.  FFS, the Rebels gashed the Dogs all night on those screens.  They found something that no one else has exploited yet.  Fresno is going to have to make some adjustments, which I think this staff will do.

4 hours ago, Super six said:

San Jose St Fans, Your thoughts so far?

Thoughts?  Fresno State is defensively challenged.  Your defense is just not very good.  Offensively the Bulldogs are one dimensional, they can’t really run the ball.  That said, you’ve got a really good passing game and I think you will play in a lot of shoot out games like tonight.  I think the Bulldogs will have trouble with SDSU, SJSU, and Boise, although Boise can’t run or stop the run this season either. The Bulldog vs. Wolfpack game may end up something like 62-59.  That one will be all offense and no defense. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

I give Fresno props it was the perfect let down game and conference games have a way of staying close. Defensively Fresno is average not a lot of film on Doug B. but plenty on the Chuck Wagon they played it right loading the box make QB beat you with arm. The screens really were executed well and that's where they were vulnerable once we loosened them up we were able to run inside we got most yardage that way. When they needed it their pass rush got to us. 

They are definitely not one dimensional our goal was to stop Rivers after he destroyed us last year,  5 td's later by Jake we're going home with a "L" again. 

FSU SDSU RENO SJSU cut above we're trying to close the gap.

8 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

i told the bark board all week unlv wasn't as bad as their record and nobody believed me 

now, we had some abnormally shit ass defensive play that i will absolutely chalk up to dead legs after the UCLA game but the rebels hung with ASU until Brumfield went out and i made note of that 

And the rebs played Iowa State last week, and also had a short week, same as Fresno. I think your team just bought into their own press, and the Rebs had nothing to lose. The dogs will be ok now.

8 hours ago, retrofade said:

So, this isn't sour grapes... but even that picture shows an absolutely blatant hold that wasn't called. 

So, this isn't sour grapes, but this video... Couldn't find it during the review, lol.

And btw, surely you guys don't think Fresno didn't get away with a ton of holds? Only UNLV, yeah? That whistle would be blowing on every play, both teams would go backwards.

Anyway, good luck from here on out.

Honestly, the complaining about holding by Fresno fans is pathetic. 

That said, that passing game is fun to watch.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

7 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

The gleeful SJSU fans in the first half of this thread is going to make W. Michigan pushing SJSU’s sht tomorrow so much more enjoyable. 

Interesting that, immediately after the Bulldogs dodged being crowned "Turd Of The Week" on a Friday night with a near upset loss at home to a winless UNLV team, your first thought is about SJSU, a team the Bulldogs won't play for another 9 weeks. I think it's safe to say that Sparty is living in your head.

OBTW, congrats on the win. I'm not surprised the Bulldogs had trouble early on, especially coming off a very emotional win at UCLA. I'm just surprised that the Bulldogs didn't wake up sooner and win by three scores.

Just a reminder: Bulldogs are playing @ Hawaii next week; not San Jose.

Champ Logo.jpg

5 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Thoughts?  Fresno State is defensively challenged.  Your defense is just not very good.  Offensively the Bulldogs are one dimensional, they can’t really run the ball.  That said, you’ve got a really good passing game and I think you will play in a lot of shoot out games like tonight.  I think the Bulldogs will have trouble with SDSU, SJSU, and Boise, although Boise can’t run or stop the run this season either. The Bulldog vs. Wolfpack game may end up something like 62-59.  That one will be all offense and no defense. 

Complete overreaction to one game. Fresno ran for over a hundred vs UCLA when LSU couldn’t. Defense was also good for 3 Qts of that game and had stretches for the UNLV game. They just looked gassed. I get it, tho. You deeply want Fresno to fail. They might stumble a game or two, but the UNLV game won’t define the season 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

5 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Interesting that, immediately after the Bulldogs dodged being crowned "Turd Of The Week" on a Friday night with a near upset loss at home to a winless UNLV team, your first thought is about SJSU, a team the Bulldogs won't play for another 9 weeks. I think it's safe to say that Sparty is living in your head.

OBTW, congrats on the win. I'm not surprised the Bulldogs had trouble early on, especially coming off a very emotional win at UCLA. I'm just surprised that the Bulldogs didn't wake up sooner and win by three scores.

Just a reminder: Bulldogs are playing @ Hawaii next week; not San Jose.

Wasn’t talking about you, Mike.

My first thought was to go back to read the comments from panicking Bulldog fans in the first half. Instead, I ran into a bunch of SJSU fans celebrating Fresno’s struggles. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

This game only confirms what I already know:

1. The #1 challenge to this team is at the QB position. Rogers is not up to the task, next. Friel being a true Frosh has possibilities but needs more time and experience, jury is still out. Martell, who knows as he hasn’t been healthy long enough to see anything. Brumfield is our guy, he LEADS the team and the team has confidence in him, also cannot seem to play a whole game without getting hurt.

2. See #1. Everything else is skewed by the lack of production on offense. Defense is on the field too long and too often. Team morale drops off. Even when defense plays tough, offense can’t score enough to stay close. Give up 7 to get 3. No bueno.

3. Difficult to evaluate the HC and staff because #1 and #2. I look at the team with Brumfield in and I see definite growth. Then when Brumfield is out and it is mess. The decision in the EWU game to play Rogers so long was questionable. Since then 3 T25 opponents with 2 of them on the road, tough schedule. I am seeing growth in many areas over the past 3 weeks. 

Overall I’m more optimistic than I was a week or two ago. Still a long way to go. The results won’t change until we get Brumfield healthy and playing. Possibly Friel can grow into the job but that will be another ugly few weeks. Gotta fix the QB position to get better on all other fronts.

I liked Friel. I saw a Rebs fan complaining he didnt go through his progressions. Lolol true freshman running for his life, and fans were expecting him to go through his reads as if he is Tom Brady.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky