Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at #22/25 Fresno State

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

If the smoke gets as bad in Fresno as it is in visalia I think this game might get cancelled.  I’m expecting all the HS games to get cancelled unless the wind shifts

I doubt they will cancel. I remember going to a game in 2018 when the Camp Fire was still going. It looked like fog in the stadium from all the smoke. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

7 hours ago, godogsgo said:

I heard that he’s OK but in pain. Personally I don’t know if it’s a smart move to play him. I didn’t think it was right to make him play that last drive at UCLA (slower, hurt target prime for major injury and another fumble) so what do I know… He sure proved me wrong

Tim Ryan is on weekly with Murph and Mac on KNBR 680 in SF.  Coincidentally enough, yesterday he was talking about a stinger and the effect it has on a player.  He said that, while some players can play with it, you have to be really, really careful with those, as a second tweak can easily set you back 4-6 weeks or more...  

My $0.02 is if Haener can take the extra week then, by all means, do it.  I understand he may throw up some big numbers against UNLV if he plays, but that's sort of not seeing the forest for the trees.  If Fresno can (presumably) handle their business without him this week then it will definitely have been in their best interest to have given him a rest. The Bulldogs could be on their way to a special season, so why jeopardize it in this particular game?  If he's even questionable I can understand him playing if it's SUDS or SJSU or... whomever... i.e., when a lot more chips are on the table, but, with apologies to the Rebels, doing so in this particular game doesn't seem to make a whole lotta sense... 

23 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

I said the same thing last week.........and the two weeks before...........and last year........and the decade of 2011 to 2020.........and this century...........and the last 15 years of the previous century 

Tag Kick Me GIF by Nasty The Horse

And that’s what I said when I was going to school there and never had any incentive to become a fan of UNLV athletics. Both BB and FB were horrid. 

kat.jpg

On 9/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, CPslograd said:

If the smoke gets as bad in Fresno as it is in visalia I think this game might get cancelled.  I’m expecting all the HS games to get cancelled unless the wind shifts

2018 SDSU game wasn't canceled, doubt they'll cancel this unless the air quality is truly horrendous

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I expect a tougher game than expected with Haener dinged up, post UCLA hang over, etc.   I hope they can put this game in the O-Lines hands and the dominate but I’m not super confident. 

Dogs in a tight one.  

The longer Fresno State lets UNLV hang around the more dangerous it might get..........still think the Dog win with ease & it this is competitive after halftime that's a major plus for UNLV 

Game day reasons for UNLV to win. 

1. I don't care how many times coaches say, "we can't let down men UNLV is much better this year than any other time" hard for 20 year olds to believe after the shit show we put on against ISU. Fresno could take us very lightly especially after a physical matchup and emotional game with UCLA.

2. Starting quarterback UNLV getting healthy Fresno banged up.

3. Familiarity breeds contempt. This is a conference game UNLV not afraid of the task in front of them. Last year UNLV was down 3 at half and getting the kickoff to start second half, could of had the lead if it wasn't for bad clock management and poor tackling on a screen play to Rivers right before half. This year you want have Vegas Vic playing mlb missing tackle after tackle Windmon a huge upgrade along with other additions and experience for the defense. I expect gang tackling and stripping the ball on Rivers one fumble at least. The boys will be flying around happy to be playing somebody in their weight class.

4. It's all about Doug B, the team feeds off him offense and defense the whole team just plays better when he's in. Defense needs gets stops and turnovers more than capable as long it's not a 3 and out festival. If Brumfield can match up and keep it close like last year 27-27 going into 4th quarter anything can happen. 

5. Red zone touchdowns not field goals. Please let us use Jordan Jakes and some of our tight end packages when we get down there. 

6. Offensive line has to play much better too many missed blitz packages and haven't gotten the Chuck wagon rolling yet.

Good luck Rebs!