Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

The Pro Football Thread

Game Highlights: Packers vs. Steelers | Week 4

Go Pack Go! 

9 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

Lightning delayed the kickoff. I thought this was an indoor stadium. 

To be fair, SoFi Stadium isn’t actually enclosed in the way you’d think a domed stadium would be, as the sides of the stadium are open. Even that small amount of exposure to the elements prompted the officials to delay the game for approximately a half hour as the storm passed. (from article below)

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/sofi-stadium-lightning-delay-monday-night-football-jon-gruden

My wife refers to the Chargers as my “old girl friend,” but it’s still great to see her beat da Raiduhs. Loved watching Chuckie all bitter on the sideline. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

One for the ages...of winning ugly. :cheer: Go Pack Go!

https://www.packers.com/video/game-highlights-packers-bengals-2021

The bills are looking awesome.

Everyone knows about Allen and all those weapons, but that defense is terrifying. They go 3-deep on the DL with little if any drop-off 1-3. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in the nfl. They gave up a stupid blocked punt week 1 and lost and have been under the radar since. If they’re not your super bowl pick out of the afc you haven’t been paying attention. 

Early NFL games have looked pretty sloppy so far this year.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

May be an image of outdoors, tree and text that says 'is Aaron Rodgers gone yet?'

Green Bay 24 Chicago 14

gb.png&w=72&h=72&transparent=true Go Pack Go!

2 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I would have to assume this is his last year.  New staff and they will need to find a new QB.  Seems like the same ol same ol in Denver.  

He was supposedly given an ultimatum from the new GM of playoffs or your fired.  John Elway really did a lot of damage to that team.

28 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

My Bronco fandom is being tested.

Never was a fan of the Orange and Blue down South. So Josh going to Buffalo finally gave me an NFL team to track and root for. And Buffalo turned out to be an easy team to root for in general as well (even before last year's rocket to AFC Championship Game and record). It took a little for part of their fanbase to warm up to Josh, but he just needed time.