Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

The Pro Football Thread

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I’m rooting for the bengals. I expect you to return the favor. 

I would root for the demise if the niners anyway, but I especially want you to be happy.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Bengals beat the Chiefs in Week 17.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, RSF said:

Bengals beat the Chiefs in Week 17.

They did. Taylor tried to tin cup the game into the water repeatedly at the end but they still pulled it out. After watching the 13 seconds game...he might have been right. Mahomes is a wizard.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

19 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Just reflecting on this weekend it occurs to me that you’ve gotta be a real degenerate to bet on these games. If you’ve got any significant amount of money riding on these outcomes you need help. I’d have checked myself into a clinic.

Degenerate here.  Get the fck in.

image.png.bf6f5ee6795b1d075caf275de844062c.png

On the KNBC LA news tonight they said that 65% of the fans at the Rams home game will be Niners fans because LA residents sold their tickets in droves again. Cooper Kupp is amazing, but I think the 49ers will win the NFC Championship game. Their defense can really dominate.  

As far as the AFC Championship game in concerned, I've got the Chiefs. Patrick Mahomes arm and scrambling ability will lead the way to victory over the Bengals. I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I really like watching him at work. 

7 hours ago, crixus said:

On the KNBC LA news tonight they said that 65% of the fans at the Rams home game will be Niners fans because LA residents sold their tickets in droves again. Cooper Kupp is amazing, but I think the 49ers will win the NFC Championship game. Their defense can really dominate.  

As far as the AFC Championship game in concerned, I've got the Chiefs. Patrick Mahomes arm and scrambling ability will lead the way to victory over the Bengals. I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I really like watching him at work. 

The ticket sales thing is purely about money. The rams don’t have the kind of fan base willing to shell out literal thousands for tickets yet. Niners fans are rabid. They’d finance tickets if they had to. This is what happens when you abandon a market for 20+ years. You can’t expect that kind of support overnight. It takes generations. If I can get inside the building - I’ll take standing room only - for less than $400 I’ll be there though.  

Having said that, I fully expect the rams to lose this game in the most heartbreaking way possible. I’m spending my free moments this week imagining all the worst ways we could lose, the humiliation of losing for the 7th time in a row with our home stadium half full of their fans, and them getting to play in the super bowl in our building. I’m already grieving the loss. When it happens, I don’t think I’ll be able to watch the super bowl. I’ll spend that Sunday in the mountains somewhere and then next football season I’ll just wander the desert for six months. 

54 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

The ticket sales thing is purely about money. The rams don’t have the kind of fan base willing to shell out literal thousands for tickets yet. Niners fans are rabid. They’d finance tickets if they had to. This is what happens when you abandon a market for 20+ years. You can’t expect that kind of support overnight. It takes generations. If I can get inside the building - I’ll take standing room only - for less than $400 I’ll be there though.  

Having said that, I fully expect the rams to lose this game in the most heartbreaking way possible. I’m spending my free moments this week imagining all the worst ways we could lose, the humiliation of losing for the 7th time in a row with our home stadium half full of their fans, and them getting to play in the super bowl in our building. I’m already grieving the loss. When it happens, I don’t think I’ll be able to watch the super bowl. I’ll spend that Sunday in the mountains somewhere and then next football season I’ll just wander the desert for six months. 

My uncle and cousin are season ticket holders and they hopped on the portal and paid upfront for all of the post season games. If the Rams make it to the Super Bowl then season ticket holders are thrown into a random drawing for the chance to purchase SB tickets at face value. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

25 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

With the Broncos hiring the Packers OC rumors are that QAaron Rodgers might be coming to Denver.  As if I needed another reason to loathe the Donks.

I just hope they win more games so I get free donuts at King Soopers.

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I just made a large bet on the Rams...

so you're definitely phucked :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

My uncle and cousin are season ticket holders and they hopped on the portal and paid upfront for all of the post season games. If the Rams make it to the Super Bowl then season ticket holders are thrown into a random drawing for the chance to purchase SB tickets at face value. 

So then you know the profit that can be made selling those face value tickets. 49ers fans understand that conference championship games don’t come along every season and will move heaven and earth to be there. New rams fans don’t get it yet.