Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

The Pro Football Thread

On 9/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Rams looked shaky today. 

Bucs coming to LA next week. I’m already nervous.

I don't think they looked shaky. S got a little too confident in the 3rd.

2 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I don't think they looked shaky. S got a little too confident in the 3rd.

That f-up on the punt had me nervous. The kind of game we would have lost last year.

Brady and the bucs look unbeatable through two games. I hope we humble them a bit, but I wouldn’t bet money on it. 

4 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

That f-up on the punt had me nervous. The kind of game we would have lost last year.

Brady and the bucs look unbeatable through two games. I hope we humble them a bit, but I wouldn’t bet money on it. 

Through two games, I'm liking Stafford at QB better. His presence in the pocket is more commanding, he reads his progressions and his throws are quick. I like our odds with Stafford at QB.

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Through two games, I'm liking Stafford at QB better. His presence in the pocket is more commanding, he reads his progressions and his throws are quick. I like our odds with Stafford at QB.

Oh 1000%, especially given how Goff has looked in Detroit. 

Packers 30 49ers 28 2019_GB.png Clutch! :Clapping: Go Pack Go! Image

32 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Down by 1,  37 seconds left, no timeouts, no problem.  Can't give the ball back to Rodgers and the packers. 

Yep.  I was actually wondering, when the Niners scored the last TD, if they would have been better off had the receiver gone down 1st and goal at the 1.  I know it sounds nutty since the conventional wisdom is to always get the TD when you can, unless you can run the clock out with a lead. 

But here?  What are the odds of NOT scoring a TD from 1st and goal at the 1 or 2 yard line with three timeouts and almost 40 seconds left compared to the chance of Rodgers beating you needing only a FG with more than :30 to play?  Like I said, no coach would go against "the book" there, but I have to wonder if going down at the 1 would have been a higher percentage play to win. 

And it was another example of how a "prevent defense" is really good at preventing winning.