Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SJSUMFA2013

Rank em

1. Fresno State - I’m a simple man. I see you go on the road and beat a top-15 team, I put you at the top of the rankings.

2. Boise State - at 1-2 with two close losses to good teams, they’re still formidable and it’s not even a debate that they’re the best team in the mountain division.

3. SDSU - back to back scalps

4. Wyoming - looked dominant. The competition may not have been that great - and they get dreadful UConn this week - but they still look like a tough out.

5. Nevada - difficult road loss in b12 country. They still have a ton of talent in offense. Will be in the mix all year.

6. San Jose State - I’m inclined to cut us some slack for struggling on the island, but it comes on the heels of similar struggles against a usc team that was in absolute disarray. Losing our two big weapons on the outside - neither of whom are playing football and both of whom still had a year of eligibility btw - has predictably been a struggle. 

7. Utah State - nearly dropped a 50-burger on Air Force. Also, nearly gave up a 50-burger to Air Force.

8. Air Force - same as above, but with the roles switched.

9. Colorado State - the redemption rams might not be as bad as we thought.

10. Hawaii - SJSU tried to give them that game. We handed it to them on a silver platter over and over again and they turned their noses up at it. Gonna be a long year.

11. New Mexico - I was honestly more impressed by their loss to a&m than either of their two wins.

12. UNLV - they are who we thought they were 

5 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

1. Fresno State - I’m a simple man. I see you go in the road and beat a top-15 team, I put you at the top of the rankings.

2. Boise State - at 1-2 with two close losses to good teams, they’re still formidable and it’s not even a debate that they’re the best team in the mountain division.

3. SDSU - back to back scalps

4. Wyoming - looked dominant. The competition may not have been that great - and they get dreadful UConn this week - but they still look like a tough out.

5. Nevada - difficult road loss in b12 country. They still have a ton of talent in offense. Will be in the mix all year.

6. San Jose State - I’m inclined to cut us some slack for struggling on the island, but it comes on the heels of similar struggles against a usc team that was in absolute disarray. Losing our two big weapons on the outside - neither of whom are playing football and both of whom still had a year of eligibility btw - has predictably been a struggle. 

7. Utah State - nearly dropped a 50-burger on Air Force. Also, nearly gave up a 50-burger to Air Force.

8. Air Force - same as above, but with the roles switched.

9. Colorado State - the redemption rams might not be as bad as we thought.

10. Hawaii - SJSU tried to give them that game. We handed it to them on a silver platter over and over again and they turned their noses up at it. Gonna be a long year.

11. New Mexico - I was honestly more impressed by their loss to a&m than either of their two wins.

12. UNLV - they are who we thought they were 

UNLV looks like the only bad team. But they lost to a top 15 team. A lot of dept this year in the conference. You guys are going to beat each other up.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Boise seemingly always has catastrophic early losses and then roars back. I’m hesitant to pronounce their demise. Even though they have a new coach, they have a lot of talent and a culture of winning among the rank and file players. 

that being said, hard for me to put anybody other than Fresno above SDSU. And SDSU may be even with Fresno now—I think both UCLA and UO were a bit overrated. 

2 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Boise seemingly always has catastrophic early losses and then roars back. I’m hesitant to pronounce their demise. Even though they have a new coach, they have a lot of talent and a culture of winning among the rank and file players. 

that being said, hard for me to put anybody other than Fresno above SDSU. And SDSU may be even with Fresno now—I think both UCLA and UO were a bit overrated. 

Our 1 dimensional offense keeps the Dogs above the Aztecs imo. Ducks/Bruins > Wildcats/Utes 

Fresno St.

Boise St.

San Diego St.

Nevada

Utah St.

Wyoming

Air Force

San Jose St.

Hawaii

New Mexico

CSU

UNLV

An interesting storyline is USU’s remaining schedule if USU could somehow sneak one from Boise this week…

San Jose has been really disappointing so far this season, IMO. Their ranking in others lists seems to be a product of deference to last season.

11 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Even if BSU goes 1-3 in the OOC (very possible as only game left is @BYU) I still put them as the favorites in the Mountain side.

3 minutes ago, ineptimusprime said:

An interesting storyline is USU’s remaining schedule if USU could somehow sneak one from Boise this week…

That is a big if at this point but yes if you beat BSU this week the Mountain will be yours to lose. Looks (at least at the moment) you skip the three best teams in the west and in general your tougher games are at home. 

P5 SCALP CLUB:

Aztecs - Two scalps and the worst QB position group in the FBS. The good news is, they have three weeks to figure it out.

Fresno - This close to a double, but still impressive. Four straight tough outs starting in Mid-October.

UTags - Impressive road win to start Conference play. The next two weeks will be revealing.

Nevada - In a good position to win yesterday, then your defense went UNLV in the 4th Quarter.

Shiny Records, but no Substance:

Sparty - The next three are winnable before your first Conference test. 

Wyoming - You beat some MAC bottom feeders and next up is a former basketball school. It gets real in three weeks.

New Mexico - Good FCS start. We'll see how you do against the FBS.

?????  Question Marks ??????

Boise - four of your toughest games are Roadies. The upside is you play in the Mountain Least.

AFA - where's the defense ?

No Hope:

Hawaii, UNLV, CSU

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Tidal Waves Couldn’t Save the World from Californication
1. Fresno State

2. San Diego State

3. San Jose State

Just Win, Baby
4. Utah State

5. Wyoming

The Respectables
6. Nevada

7. Air Force

So This is How the Other Side Lives
8. Boise State

It’s Not All Bad
9. New Mexico

10. Hawaii

11. Colorado State

It’s All Bad
12. UNLV

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Tier 1:

1. Fresno-Looks like the clear favorite at this point. Only loss is a close game to a team with a real playoff shot. Blew out their 2 cupcakes, and have the best win in the conference. Offense is terrific

Tier 2:

2. SJSU-I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt based on last year, the offense has been disappointing. But even if ugly winning at Hawaii is never easy.

3. SDSU-Been a weird year, defense has had 2 dreadful halfs but other than that extremely dominant. The questions are the same as always.

4. Boise-Still a good team but those 2 losses are tough even with the caveat that they got screwed by refs in 2nd half against okie state. Offense definitely doesn’t look as potent as usual

Tier 3:

5.Utah State-Surprising win in Air Force.

6. Wyoming-Very fortunate to be 3-0, offense has been better than expected, defense worse than expected.

7. Air Force-Disappointing home loss against Utah State, defense looks shoddy

8. Nevada-I expect them to move up as season goes along but no doubt they’ve been the most disappointing squad in the league so far. Offense in particular with a potential NFL QB has disappointed

Tier 4:

9. Colorado State

10. Hawaii

11. UNLV

12. UNM

3 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

P5 SCALP CLUB:

Aztecs - Two scalps and the worst QB position group in the FBS. The good news is, they have three weeks to figure it out.

Fresno - This close to a double, but still impressive. Four straight tough outs starting in Mid-October.

UTags - Impressive road win to start Conference play. The next two weeks will be revealing.

Nevada - In a good position to win yesterday, then your defense went UNLV in the 4th Quarter.

Shiny Records, but no Substance:

Sparty - The next three are winnable before your first Conference test. 

Wyoming - You beat some MAC bottom feeders and next up is a former basketball school. It gets real in three weeks.

New Mexico - Good FCS start. We'll see how you do against the FBS.

?????  Question Marks ??????

Boise - four of your toughest games are Roadies. The upside is you play in the Mountain Least.

AFA - where's the defense ?

No Hope:

Hawaii, UNLV, CSU

MAC bottom feeders?  In the case of NIU that applies.  For what it's worth Ball State was 7-1 last season and won the MAC.  I expected more of a fight from Ball State with 18 returning starters, 16 of which are Super Seniors.  Not to mention Ball State thumped our very own MWC champ SJSU in the AZ Bowl last season.

1Fresno

1.B SDSU

2. Boise

2.A.Nevada

2,B San Jose State

3. Wyoming not more than a touchdown distance from any of them.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

2 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Tier 1:

1. Fresno-Looks like the clear favorite at this point. Only loss is a close game to a team with a real playoff shot. Blew out their 2 cupcakes, and have the best win in the conference. Offense is terrific

Tier 2:

2. SJSU-I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt based on last year, the offense has been disappointing. But even if ugly winning at Hawaii is never easy.

3. SDSU-Been a weird year, defense has had 2 dreadful halfs but other than that extremely dominant. The questions are the same as always.

4. Boise-Still a good team but those 2 losses are tough even with the caveat that they got screwed by refs in 2nd half against okie state. Offense definitely doesn’t look as potent as usual

Tier 3:

5.Utah State-Surprising win in Air Force.

6. Wyoming-Very fortunate to be 3-0, offense has been better than expected, defense worse than expected.

7. Air Force-Disappointing home loss against Utah State, defense looks shoddy

8. Nevada-I expect them to move up as season goes along but no doubt they’ve been the most disappointing squad in the league so far. Offense in particular with a potential NFL QB has disappointed

Tier 4:

9. Colorado State

10. Hawaii

11. UNLV

12. UNM

Can't disagree with any of that.

Regarding your Tier 4s, the reason for the last two is those schools should just drop football and focus on basketball. The reason for the first two is the hiring of two washed up head coaches (CSU will be lucky to score 7 against Iowa next week).

5 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Can't disagree with any of that.

Regarding your Tier 4s, the reason for the last two is those schools should just drop football and focus on basketball. The reason for the first two is the hiring of two washed up head coaches (CSU will be lucky to score 7 against Iowa next week).

UNM will improve. Danny Gonzales was smart to bring the Ole Ball Coach back home. They play hard and their coaches won't let them quit even when they're outmatched.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor