Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super six

Fresno St vs UCLA

25 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

That last drive was a perfect shtstorm of horrid scheme, effort, and clock awareness. Lost my voice and we were outperformed in almost every way. Congrats.n

My sis is a Bruin.  I was going to go to the game tonight, but didn't make the drive cause my wife is going out of town tomorrow for work.  My buddy and me dropped the kids off at the movies while we watched the first half of the game at a restraunt/ bar in Visalia.  My boy, who is a 6'2" freshman in HS, strolled in just before halftime after the movie with his boots, cowboy hat, and the UCLA shirt that my sister gave him into the bar after the movie was over, the whole place booed him when he walked in.

What a game.  This is the one of the best Fresno teams I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them.

UCLA is good this year, they are going to win a lot of games.  TBH, I'd be surprised if they don't win the South.  That's what made this such a great win for the Bulldogs, they beat a very good team tonight.

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

SDSU and Fresno are both good teams this year. That will be a fun game.

Hope you're right, but our lack of a passing game scares the begeebus out of me. Congrats to the Bulldogs on the most impressive MW win of the weekend, and congrats to the Cougs on your win last night and getting an invite to the Big Boys table, it was long overdue.

What a huge win! Enough to pull me out of lurk/retirement. Congratulations. 

We will have to wait and see on Haener's evaluation. We got the W, but at what cost? Haener got crushed on some of those hits and could barely walk on the final drive. We have a short week and start conference play against UNLV on Friday. Haener played the game of his life last night, but hopefully he can stay healthy. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

34 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

We will have to wait and see on Haener's evaluation. We got the W, but at what cost? Haener got crushed on some of those hits and could barely walk on the final drive. We have a short week and start conference play against UNLV on Friday. Haener played the game of his life last night, but hopefully he can stay healthy. 

Haener won't need to show up for UNLV, he can have a week's rest. but this stat is crazy..

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

Word is a hip pointer and a dislocated rib. He should be okay moving forward, but I wouldn't be surprised if we just rely on the run game against UNLV next week. 

14 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Word is a hip pointer and a dislocated rib. He should be okay moving forward, but I wouldn't be surprised if we just rely on the run game against UNLV next week. 

I wouldn't undersell either of those injuries - especially in an uber-physical game like football.  I hear/read Haener was other-worldly last night late.  Wished I could've watched him help take the Bruins down...  

Anyway, I don't think you can just rely (hope) that he hands the ball off most of a given game, and against a supposed weak opponent (who may rise to the occasion and "force" more passing than you might think - you never know). Thats just not realistic...

I know next to nothing about your team otherwise, but I think the Bulldog fans shouldn't be surprised if your No. 2 necessarily comes into play for a spell... 

On 9/17/2021 at 1:09 AM, MrBug708 said:

LSU is a poorly coached team, but still extremely talented. The game vs McNeese state had LSU sitting/resting/suspending 22 players vs them and it was essentially a rest game. The talent should have still won by more, but it is what it is.  Vegas knew the UCLA-LSU game would be close, despite unranked UCLA being barely the underdog at home. UCLA has better backs and a better OL than Oregon does, so they should be able to control the line of scrimmage on Saturday.  I expect the FSU QB play to be better than what we saw from LSU though. I'm curious to see how the attacking defense UCLA employs, fares vs you guys.

image.gif.9a6eee2c21faa1b7ea165d80f62a67ec.gif

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

On 9/18/2021 at 12:22 PM, Rev McQuervo said:

Even the thought makes me swallow my own barf. That said, there is no way in Hell that UGLY is going to cover 11 points against the Land of Tooth...

image.gif.c9f83eb8d17aaf0fe96ea6b93e12ffa2.gif

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

On 9/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, Super six said:

This game will be the Pepto Bismol upset of the week.

Great 'Nostradamus' call! And Pepto Bismol IS in high demand, but hard to find, all across Bruin Country!  

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."