Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Portland St to the MWC Now!

Portland State coach offers to buy beer for everyone at Saturday's home opener

https://sports.yahoo.com/portland-states-coach-offers-to-buy-beer-for-everyone-at-saturdays-home-opener-133007662.html

Top of the list when Brennan is poached. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Top of the list when Brennan is poached. 

Buys us a beer, I'll consider it. I hope our next coach is John DeFilppo.

11 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Almost 2:1 Coors Light over Fresh Squeezed? In Portland, too! What is wrong with people?

I love craft beer, but cannot stand IPAs (It's Piss 'n Ass flavor). I would have ordered the Coors Light too.

So....about 1K non-drinkers in the crowd on Saturday.  Doesnt sound like the stunt did much for the crowd size.  They averaged 3,999 in 2019.

Even money says he tries to expense it.

And their POS system is, well, POS...786+1260 is 2046, not 2064.  They owe the coach $126....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

So....1060 non-drinkers in the crowd on Saturday.  Doesnt sound like the stunt did much for the crowd size.  They averaged 3,999 in 2019.

Even money says he tries to expense it....

more likely he deducts it

12 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Almost 2:1 Coors Light over Fresh Squeezed? In Portland, too! What is wrong with people?

Hipsters use paper bags with their piss beer, beer snobs must show what they are drinking.  I know we may think they are one and the same, but the line in the sand is quite clear.

43 minutes ago, RSF said:

So....about 1K non-drinkers in the crowd on Saturday.  Doesnt sound like the stunt did much for the crowd size.  They averaged 3,999 in 2019.

Attendance was 3124. Not terrible for a game vs. a NAIA school. Montana State plays at Portland State this Saturday. The Vikings moved about 5 years ago from downtown's stadium (Providence Park/PGE/etc.) to a stadium 20 minutes from campus in Hillsboro  sharing it with a couple of high schools (seats 7600).

12 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Attendance was 3124. Not terrible for a game vs. a NAIA school. Montana State plays at Portland State this Saturday. The Vikings moved about 5 years ago from downtown's stadium (Providence Park/PGE/etc.) to a stadium 20 minutes from campus in Hillsboro  sharing it with a couple of high schools (seats 7600).

Why did they move?  Providence Park gave them the boot or something?

18 hours ago, packNV said:

He would be bankrupt if he did that at Nevada.  We like to drink!

@happycamper, @Jackrabbit, @tspoke and/or other Wyo fans have anything to say about this? I believe there's an urban legend about poke fans drying up Sam Boyd and Dreamstyle stadiums?

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

@happycamper, @Jackrabbit, @tspoke and/or other Wyo fans have anything to say about this? I believe there's an urban legend about poke fans drying up Sam Boyd and Dreamstyle stadiums?

We drank out the Holiday bowl. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.