Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

The AAC is only talking with (MWC) programs who contact them first.

After the Dodd's article came out, I've see a lot of misinformation in these threads.

Just to offer clarification:

The AAC has not been recruiting any teams. 

The programs who are in the article have initiated the discussions; not the other way around.

Mike Aresco has been transparent that the AAC will only consider teams that contact the AAC offices first.

It simply doesn't work the other way around.   

3mxsBs3.jpg

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

After the Dodd's article came out, I've see a lot of misinformation in these threads.

The programs who are in the article have initiated the discussions; not the other way around.

Mike Aresco has been transparent that the AAC will only consider teams that contact the AAC offices first.

K

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

The Big 12 schools are laughing at this one....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

The interest coming from the schools side is an important thing to acknowledge. 

None of this should be a surprise.

Air Force has been hinting at being in a conference with NAVY for years.

The recent Boise State/AAC discussions have been well documented.

Hell, SDSU and Boise State left the West to play in a conference with Eastern exposure before.

The fact that any one of these teams would contact Mike Aresco shouldn't be a surprise. The AAC has dominated the NY6 spot and has much better revenue and exposure.

Sure, the MWC makes 4 million with CBS/Fox... BUTTTTTTT CBS/Fox don't have half the audiences that ESPN does.

Boise contacting the AAC/ESPN is just going back to their roots.

The AAC is also a multiple bid conference with Memphis and Wichita State.

3mxsBs3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

The interest coming from the schools side is an important thing to acknowledge. 

None of this should be a surprise.

Air Force has been hinting at being in a conference with NAVY for years.

The recent Boise State/AAC discussions have been well documented.

Hell, SDSU and Boise State left the West to play in a conference with Eastern exposure before.

The fact that any one of these teams would contact Mike Aresco shouldn't be a surprise. The AAC has dominated the NY6 spot and has much better revenue and exposure.

Sure, the MWC makes 4 million with CBS/Fox... BUTTTTTTT CBS/Fox don't have half the audiences that ESPN does.

Boise contacting the AAC/ESPN is just going back to their roots.

@Did I hear a WOOSH? What are your "sources" saying about this? I know you probably just got off a plane after meeting with B12 presidents as an official UCF advisor, so any update would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

The fact that any one of these teams would contact Mike Aresco shouldn't be a surprise.

None of them wanted to join the AAC when it had some value, so yeah, any MW team contacting Aresco would be a huge surprise. 

What would be the motivating factor to join a weaker, soon to be less paid, AAC?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

None of them wanted to join the AAC when it had some value, so yeah, any MW team contacting Aresco would be a huge surprise. 

What would be the motivating factor to join a weaker, soon to be less paid, AAC?

Mike Aresco is only talking to programs that contact the AAC. So, if those teams inquired per Dodd, I'm sure they're just being vetted.

3mxsBs3.jpg

The past should not be an indication of the present/future (Air Force has been hinting at being in a conference with NAVY for years...Hell, SDSU and Boise State left the West to play in a conference with Eastern exposure before.)

Lots of changes/new visions have happened from then to now. Until I see article’s CONFIRMING any of our teams having made contact with the glorious  aac, then threads like this will be nothing more than here-say as far as I’m concerned.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

32 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

have-a-good-day-alright.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

28 minutes ago, utenation said:

@Did I hear a WOOSH? What are your "sources" saying about this? I know you probably just got off a plane after meeting with B12 presidents as an official UCF advisor, so any update would be appreciated.

He's going to need a little time to respond, currently orbiting the earth...

Space-X-private-crew-9-15-2021-a.png