bornontheblue

Idaho Politics

1 minute ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Write an email or letter to your county registrar stating "I'm canceling my voter registration because I no longer agree to the terms and conditions." And make sure to ask for and receive verification of the cancellation.

I don’t think that’s gonna work 

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

From what I understand they completely took over the board of directors and they are not complying with accreditation guidelines. @grandjean87knows more I bet 

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/may/03/north-idaho-colleges-accreditation-at-risk-as-comm/

I just know what I’ve read in cursory reports mostly @idahoednews

Opion piece by an old guy we could use more of (like him).  He gets to the NIC situation via his education takes on the IFF.  Short read:

https://www.idahoednews.org/voices/the-idaho-freedom-foundation-demonstrates-its-higher-education-model/

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

@grandjean87

I’m nervous as hell the batshit crazy lunatics are going to take over the state government next year. You seem more confident that the moderates will assert control over the Idaho GOP. 

The Lunatics are about to get the N Idaho Colleges accreditation revoked. This shit  is scary 

I’m not unconcerned, and we see had a $20,000 school board seat in West Ada bought with the crazies and out-of-state $$.  That happened in a few places.  Even though Idaho’s redistributing process has some political shielding, I worry we’ll end up w/even more wingnuts in the Leg.

I just don’t think the governorship and Lt. governorship will go to the crazies.  If somehow, it does — it’s going to be wild in the Gem State. 

1 minute ago, grandjean87 said:

I’m not unconcerned, and we see had a $20,000 school board seat in West Ada bought with the crazies and out-of-state $$.  That happened in a few places.  Even though Idaho’s redistributing process has some political shielding, I worry we’ll end up w/even more wingnuts in the Leg.

I just don’t think the governorship and Lt. governorship will go to the crazies.  If somehow, it does — it’s going to be wild in the Gem State. 

If the lunatics get the gov office , I’m out! No way I live in a state governed by those fools. 

4 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I’ve been proud to be from this state and live here since I was an infant. So sad to see it threatened by these idiots.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I stay in SE Boise and just pretend the rest of city is the same.. I can almost anything I need between here and downtown lol. 

Nah but seriously even though Idaho is heavily red and we have batshit morons in government positions, it hasn’t seemed to change normal every day life here. No matter who the president or governor is life here remains the same for the most part.

9 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I’ve been proud to be from this state and live here since I was an infant. So sad to see it threatened by these idiots.

Idaho was created by a piece of paper. Believe or not, where you live now was just as good or better before that piece of paper was ever written. It's totally possible to live without it.

Double check here to see if you are a party to the contract that's on that paper. My guess is no:

https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesrules/idconst/ArtI/

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

5 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Idaho was created by a piece of paper. Believe or not, where you live now was just as good or better before that piece of paper was ever written. It's totally possible to live without it.

Double check here to see if you are a party to the contract that's on that paper. My guess is no:

https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesrules/idconst/ArtI/

So if I don’t make my mortgage payment can they kick me out ? 

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I mean a mortgage is just a contract that only exists if we allow it to in our minds right @Maynard Delecto

No, the mortgage is law. It's not yours though, it's the government's. the name you used to enter into that mortgage belongs to them. 

Good luck with the Nazi stuff.

• Sad 1

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

29 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Man I really hope Little runs again.. I like the guy  and there’s not many republicans I’d say that about. Chances are I’d vote for him over a Democrat. I don’t agree with him on everything but I like his moral compass. Even if he did suck on Trumps man boobs a few weeks ago.

I know many people who are reliable Democrat  voters who are going to register as Republicans and vote for Little . They know what is at stake 

44 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

6th gen here.  My family built Idaho.  We have 6 generations buried here, fam in the dirt.  Seeing it be brought to hell by IDAHO GOP is disgusting, they give zeor +++++s about our land and resources but are willing to murder wolves and cosplay about an election....+++++ing idiots...

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:
1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

From what I understand they completely took over the board of directors and they are not complying with accreditation guidelines. @grandjean87knows more I bet 

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/may/03/north-idaho-colleges-accreditation-at-risk-as-comm/

I just know what I’ve read in cursory reports mostly @idahoednews

Opion piece by an old guy we could use more of (like him).  He gets to the NIC situation via his education takes on the IFF.  Short read:

https://www.idahoednews.org/voices/the-idaho-freedom-foundation-demonstrates-its-higher-education-model/

AP distributed an article about Idaho's K-12 and higher education political situation (NIC, IFF, etc) yesterday. A search shows it being run on media around the country:

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Political hostility to public education in the Republican-dominated Idaho Legislature is causing some businesses to doubt the wisdom of moving to or expanding in a state that ranks at or near the bottom in what it spends on K-12 students and has one of the nation’s worst graduation rates.

https://apnews.com/article/technology-business-legislature-idaho-higher-education-7fb4037a91122477b26ff0b34c87fe1a

22 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I stay in SE Boise and just pretend the rest of city is the same.. I can almost anything I need between here and downtown lol. 

Nah but seriously even though Idaho is heavily red and we have batshit morons in government positions, it hasn’t seemed to change normal every day life here. No matter who the president or governor is life here remains the same for the most part.

Other than the Covid divide somewhere along the Boise-Meridian fault lines, it’s all good.  I’m not affected in daily living by anything the wingnuts have done, but it would be damn embarrassing if either of the lunacy ladies won their races. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

6th gen here.  My family built Idaho.  We have 6 generations buried here, fam in the dirt.  Seeing it be brought to hell by IDAHO GOP is disgusting, they give zeor +++++s about our land and resources but are willing to murder wolves and cosplay about an election....+++++ing idiots...

I’m m not sure how many generations my family goes back but I know we have been here since shortly after statehood in 1890. I grew up in the Tein  Falls  area. This shit is scary HMHB