Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

RIP Norm Macdonald

This one really hurts and completely unexpected. I was in my classroom teaching when I saw a notification on my laptop about it. My wife's aunt is also currently battling cancer and we got word that it's only a matter of time right now. It's been a really shitty week and +++++ cancer. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Huge Balls.  

Even more to do the impression of your hero in front of your hero.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

38 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/9/14/22674425/norm-macdonald-obituary

Good piece.  Also in the Conan clip, look how subtly he gets in the Ed McMahon reference, he know half or more of his audience doesn’t even get it, but he knows it’s funny

I saw this excerpt from an interview in 2009 and boy does it hammer home his greatness and how much we miss him already.

E_RIdiIVQAMLfdO?format=png&name=900x900

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Holy shit I didn't know he had dropped any new specials recently. After watching this I went to check on Netflix and now have something to watch tonight. Thanks man.

I might just re watch it with you tonight.