Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

SJSU @ Hawaii

Very weird game, but a win is a win. Good job Spartans! :Clapping:

I expected the Hawaii defense is going to have to carry this team, until the Offense gets going. Last year wasn't really a full season to really get the new scheme installed by OC G.J. Kinne and HC Todd Graham at game speed. Then add a even less experienced OC in Bo Graham this season, after G.J. Kinne departed for UCF. Anyone can tell the defensive coaching staff has more experience and it translates to the field. This is why I expected an 6 wins 7 loss team at the end of the season, the defense and maybe even the special teams will get the team those 6 wins. But hopefully the Hawaii Offense can get it firing in all cylinders by mid season or 6 wins might be all we are going to get in year 2 of Todd Graham as Hawaii HC. 

Bows got away with several holding calls last night. Almost all of them were blatant. 

Won ugly, but at least it wasn't a win by kicking field goals only to beat an FCS team. (FCS team actually scored a touchdown.)

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/jackson-state-tigers-louisiana-monroe-warhawks-202109180103/?section=gamedrives

The good news: We're undefeated in conference play and we did it while missing many pieces. 

The bad news: The lack of receivers who can catch is troubling. Also, losing Deese, Nevens, and Mazzotti makes the last part worse. Let's hope it's not serious.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

4 hours ago, WarriorTyme said:

I expected the Hawaii defense is going to have to carry this team, until the Offense gets going. Last year wasn't really a full season to really get the new scheme installed by OC G.J. Kinne and HC Todd Graham at game speed. Then add a even less experienced OC in Bo Graham this season, after G.J. Kinne departed for UCF. Anyone can tell the defensive coaching staff has more experience and it translates to the field. This is why I expected an 6 wins 7 loss team at the end of the season, the defense and maybe even the special teams will get the team those 6 wins. But hopefully the Hawaii Offense can get it firing in all cylinders by mid season or 6 wins might be all we are going to get in year 2 of Todd Graham as Hawaii HC. 

I predicted 4-9 after the first two games and haven’t seen anything yet to change my assessment.  Hope I’m wrong.

3 hours ago, King Spartan said:

The good news: We're undefeated in conference play and we did it while missing many pieces. 

The bad news: The lack of receivers who can catch is troubling. Also, losing Deese, Nevens, and Mazzotti makes the last part worse. Let's hope it's not serious.

Mazzoti got hurt? I know Olson was out but did not see anything happen to Mazzoti.