Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits

MW home attendance numbers week 2

16 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

I gotta feeling SDSU is saving so much money just from 1) not having to pay for maintenance on the Q and 2) fast-tracking the rest of the development that the hit in attendance is worth it. 

The stadium is also so far ahead of schedule (as far as I can tell) that I also doubt they are eating into any stadium contingency fees either. 

How is the new stadium coming along?  Next year right?

3 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

That's higher attendance for Montana St's stadium capacity (17,777) by over 2,000, sounds like standing room only.

Most definitely, they have been updating their Stadium recently similar to Wyoming they added an athletic complex

Sad to see our attendance suck like that, first home game should be well over 20K in the stands, few factors to consider with that game 1) the weather sucked, got hit with a lighting storm and monsoonal rains probably kept a lot of the students away; 2) Friday night game, it's tough to get USU alumni to drive up to Logan from the Wasatch Front on a Friday night right after they get home from work, kids home from school; 3) Opponent an FCS that no one in Utah knows much about doesn't generate a lot of excitement, Weber State, SUU and even Idaho State would have brought a lot more fans in.  And that's it, I'm all out of excuses... oh except Covid... blame everything on Covid.  

2 hours ago, utgrizfan said:

Most definitely, they have been updating their Stadium recently similar to Wyoming they added an athletic complex

Love the 1pm kickoff on Saturdays. That would be a thing of the past if you joined the MWC. Suddenly you’re playing at 7:30pm in 30 degree (or in UM’s case) even colder on a Thursday or Friday night.

Moral of the story? Be careful for what you wish for.