Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DestinFlPackfan

Nevada vs Kansas St

41 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They worked us in the trenches and ran us over. We hung around and made a run in the 3rd quarter to tie it after our coach nearly lost his mind. From that point on we could do nothing.

The played a perfect game and whooped us in the end.

Secretly,  I was worried about the big dudes on their line. Was hoping our passing would negate that but I read they ran a 3-3-5......pretty much 8 guys at any given time in the passing lanes.  No bueno for us. Haven't looked at our rushing stats yet...but I think I can guess we got shut down.

Such is the life of a Pack fan.

20 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Secretly,  I was worried about the big dudes on their line. Was hoping our passing would negate that but I read they ran a 3-3-5......pretty much 8 guys at any given time in the passing lanes.  No bueno for us. Haven't looked at our rushing stats yet...but I think I can guess we got shut down.

Such is the life of a Pack fan.

Yep, running was tough sledding. Our D-line was roughed up. And all credit to them, they executed. Their backup qb made every read in the option and was tough to bring down. We never put the game in a position where he had to do much else. Their rb’s are awesome little mighty mice. They were the better team in every facet.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I knew you were gonna do that.  We’re talking about UNR right now.  And what’s your point?

I had to read his post twice but I'm pretty sure his point is that UNLV plays subpar American Football.

And I for one, agree with him

UNLV SUCKS!

Quit the sport

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

I had to read his post twice but I'm pretty sure his point is that UNLV plays subpar American Football.

And I for one, agree with him

UNLV SUCKS!

Quit the sport

No shit we suck.  The difference is that we acknowledge it.  You guys don’t!

17 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They worked us in the trenches and ran us over. We hung around and made a run in the 3rd quarter to tie it after our coach nearly lost his mind. From that point on we could do nothing.

The played a perfect game and whooped us in the end.

Norvell sounded pretty frustrated in the post game interview. Pointing out the atrocious start and penalties. I think at least some of that explosion on the sidelines was that frustration. I wish/hope that frustration would finally transfer over to the team playing better for him. We have the roster to be a championship team, but won't be able to be that as long as we continue to battle ourselves.

Thing is though with three games this season you have seen the same thing the three games, you see slow starts from the team where like against California and Kansas St you get down early and that puts pressure on you and sometimes changes the game plan a bit. But with all three games this season, the team has started slow I don't know if that is a player issue or a coaching issue.

And I know that will probably get burned here, but this team really has been inconsistant through the three games and maybe that is what is frustrating Novell as well. Against Kansas St I would say we played one good quarter, against Cal I would say two and against Idaho St one good quarter. Otherwise we have been kind of mirandering around not pushing much or what not.

We have two weeks to prepare for Boise St but that will be a difficult game going up to Boise and Fresno is a really good team and who really knows with San Diego St but if they keep running the ball like they do that will be a tough game for us.

Just a few thoughts

4 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I actually think the defense, or lack there of is the larger problem.  I figured the veteran defensive front 4 would be better..They just aren't stopping the run well at all..

Did Dom Peterson play? I thought he was an NFL-level talent two years ago and now I’m not sure he’s even playing?

13 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Did Dom Peterson play? I thought he was an NFL-level talent two years ago and now I’m not sure he’s even playing?

He’s still very good. Fights double-teams constantly, though.  

On 9/18/2021 at 6:54 PM, NevadaAllStar said:

Who was even having that discussion? Coming into the week the Pack was at best behind 4 teams (Cincy, BYU, Coastal, and UCF). Even with a win at K State they would have  still needed a king’s ransom in help to jump any of those teams.

BYU isn’t part of the Access Bowl so we don’t have to worry about them.