Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaAllStar

Question for OOC Team Posters

13 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I joined the MWCBoard about 5.5 years ago.  From what I have observed I do think the board is less hospitable to newbies now than it was then.  Not sure I would have stuck around if I'd started more recently.  

This board can be a bit intimidating to a newbie. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

3 minutes ago, robe said:

This board can be a bit intimidating to a newbie. 

Riding a bike can be a bit intimidating for a 4 year old, but they white knuckle their way through it.

Kidding aside, I disagree.  I don't think it's a matter of intimidation, just a matter of getting a feel of the zeitgeist.  It's the same with every message board.   Aside from blind homers, I think the board is genuinely welcoming to visitors. 

7 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Riding a bike can be a bit intimidating for a 4 year old, but they white knuckle their way through it.

Kidding aside, I disagree.  I don't think it's a matter of intimidation, just a matter of getting a feel of the zeitgeist.  It's the same with every message board.   Aside from blind homers, I think the board is genuinely welcoming to visitors. 

Well we've collectively created a horrible misperception, at least for you personally! :D

I became a member of this conference to defend U. of Houston.
There was a member using the name "VA Libertarian" that was attacking UH.
There was absolutely no reason for mentioning UH except in his mind. He used
generalizations such as "poor academics". When some one does that without supporting information such as SAT level or graduates in 4 years, etc it is simply slander.

He did it repeatedly and often. I could never determine what his motivations were. UH was not trying to join the MWC. UH has always chose to go East. It had a history of playing SEC teams. It desired to play Texas schools.

Once joined, I have not always succeeded, but I try to contribute only information of interest to MWC fans.

I have stayed because the MWC is the only real challenge to the AAC being the top G5 conference.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, NevadaAllStar said:

I am not trying to flame here so take it easy.

But what is the draw that keeps so many OOC team posters coming back to the MWC board? I see game threads for two teams with zero impact on the conference, basketball posts about final four potential for UH, recruiting news for Memphis BBall. It is a phenomenon I have only seen in this board (never once even crossed my mind to go post or even read a WAC message board after we left). Just curious what it is all about.

I can't speak for anyone else, and I lurked for a few years before I started posting, but this is a good board.

Most of the posters are cool, there is some good convos to be had in the non sports section, and as a BYU fan we still play a lot of the teams in this league. I like the games we've had with USU and Boise over the years, and that's been mixed in with some SDSU, UNLV, and Hawaii so I like that. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 9/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

I joined the MWCBoard about 5.5 years ago.  From what I have observed I do think the board is less hospitable to newbies now than it was then.  Not sure I would have stuck around if I'd started more recently.  

2020 was a rough year for mwcboard. less/no sports, lots of partisan politics. it's felt... a lot better since last weekend, but I may be projecting. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.