Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaAllStar

Question for OOC Team Posters

I am not trying to flame here so take it easy.

But what is the draw that keeps so many OOC team posters coming back to the MWC board? I see game threads for two teams with zero impact on the conference, basketball posts about final four potential for UH, recruiting news for Memphis BBall. It is a phenomenon I have only seen in this board (never once even crossed my mind to go post or even read a WAC message board after we left). Just curious what it is all about.

6 minutes ago, NevadaAllStar said:

But what is the draw that keeps so many OOC team posters coming back to the MWC board? I see game threads for two teams with zero impact on the conference, basketball posts about final four potential for UH, recruiting news for Memphis BBall. It is a phenomenon I have only seen in this board (never once even crossed my mind to go post or even read a WAC message board after we left). Just curious what it is all about.

This place is akin to a nice friendly conversation next to the fire with a couple dogs at our feet, good drinks, hot babes hand feeding us appetizers.  

What's NOT to like?

It is the oldest online sports community on the internet.  Through all those years the board has operated with very minimal to at some points zero moderation.  It's always drawn OOC posters because of this.  15 years ago it was WAC posters, Big East posters, Pac posters.  The board culture that was allowed to grow here is unique, clever, funny and robust.  The AAC does not have anything similar, either does the Pac 12.  Then we have schools we share history with, like TCU, Utah, BYU, NMSU, Idaho, UTEP.

It's a cool place.

1 hour ago, NevadaAllStar said:

We don’t start the treads. MWC fans start these because of interest 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

This is one of the reasons mug was able to sell the board. It’s much more valuable with more traffic. A number of poster don’t even have the ability to understand that. Probably the liberal education we have today. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

4 minutes ago, robe said:

This is one of the reasons mug was able to sell the board. It’s much more valuable with more traffic. A number of poster don’t even have the ability to understand that. Probably the liberal education we have today. 

We still want you to go post on Big 12 boards. Bye,bye.

1 hour ago, NevadaAllStar said:

*title should read question “for*

You can edit the title.

And it's because everyone is welcome here, I, for one, love outside perspectives. It would be boring if it was only ever conference posters.

And some posters just don't have a place to post.

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

You can edit the title.

And it's because everyone is welcome here, I, for one, love outside perspectives. It would be boring if it was only ever conference posters.

And some posters just don't have a place to post.

The "island of misfit toys".?

Why do Externals, like Self, hang with this board since like Join Up in November 2009?  It's great fun.  It's congenial.  And I really dig Mountain West football.  I do.  At some point I will journey to the Off Topic board and mix it up.  I failed to join the annual Pick Teams over the summer...I was too busy doing my job at UTA.  After transferring from UNM for a great gig in the ABQ. 

Delayed Shout out to the ABQ and UNM.  :rock:

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

I have followed the MWC schools for a long time.   Sure, they were rivals, but I have lots of history with all of them.   

My mom and my wife are UNLV grads.  I have been a big UNLV basketball fan since the Tark.

And this is a pretty good place to visit occasionally.  I do hope for continued success for every MWC team.  I root for them against every P12 team. 

Bye Bye, Best of luck! !! May the MWC survive, and prosper

The board is active and for the most part, welcoming. Big reason why.  I also get my realignment fix here.

As you may - or may not know - @NevadaAllStar, my school was once in a conference with Nevada and 2/3 of the current MW.  

And all of the posts above.

7 hours ago, NevadaAllStar said:

My stories and jokes, obviously. 

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, NevadaAllStar said:

I look at most MWC schools as peer institutions, although our FB is a notch down.  I follow the games and genuinely root for most MWC teams.  Maybe it's because we were in the WAC with many, but there is a fanhood connection there.  In my perfect world, we'd be playing in the MWC, but that world isn't realistic at this time.