Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agzrule

MWC leadership has a chance

To be build a premier basketball conference while at the same time performing a paralyzing blow to the AAC, and cementing itself as the top G5 conference.

We do this by adding SMU, Tulsa, Wichita State, Gonzaga, and St Mary’s. By doing this the MWC will be an annual top 5 basketball league with 5-6 tourney bids each  March.  That’s a lot of extra tourney credits, tv money will also be significantly higher. Adding these new tv markets and brands to our league and footprint would be huge.

This setup will reduce cost of travel  in Olympic sports and will allow travel partners in basketball.  

In my opinion this is what the conference should do at this point, strike while the conference expansion iron is hot.

The MWC has really improved its quality of play on the field the past few years and now seems as stable as it has ever been and now seems to have some leverage to make itself stronger.

Thoughts???

MOUNTAIN

SMU

TULSA

NEW MEXICO

AIR FORCE

COLORADO STATE

WYOMING

UTAH STATE

WICHITA STATE

WEST

BOISE STATE

GONZAGA

NEVADA

UNLV

SAN JOSE STATE

FRESNO STATE

SAN DIEGO STATE

HAWAII/ST MARYS

5b5099e8aa03b29470de771c4b1727b8.png

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'd just try for Gonzaga as a BB add and leave it at that - an even 12 in BB & FB 

I don’t think Gonzaga comes unless we are adding more quality bball programs, Tulsa, Wichita State, and st Mary’s accomplish this

5b5099e8aa03b29470de771c4b1727b8.png