Roy_McAvoy

The MWC is 12-10 overall vs. the Pac-12 the past 22 games

11 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I’d assume that the MWC played several more games on the road than at home? Biggest factor among many.

Absolutely and it also includes bowl games.

• Like 1

Arizona had two come from behind victories against Nevada so that would be even worse without those for Pac-12. I think with three straight wins against Cal now, they won't schedule us anymore. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Arizona had two come from behind victories against Nevada so that would be even worse without those for Pac-12. I think with three straight wins against Cal now, they won't schedule us anymore. 

I was reading one of Cals msg boards after our game.  And one poster said " why do we schedule Nevada".....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I was reading one of Cals msg boards after our game.  And one poster said " why do we schedule Nevada".....

I saw a similar post where it was asked, "Why do we only schedule NV when they have an NFL quarterback?"

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

The last 10 minutes of the bowl game were insane.

36 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I’d assume that the MWC played several more games on the road than at home? Biggest factor among many.

But maybe a little more in depth and accurate than a cherry picked 22 game window to make the MWC look better?

I think a 5 year look shows pretty recent trends. And I’m sure it doesn’t look any better if you go back to 2011 when the current MWC lineup started.  Rarely do you see 1 and done series any more. 

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If the Bronco's don't start pulling their weight around here, we need to kick them to the curb along with UNLV. 

Starting next season we have a PAC-12 school on the schedule about every year. So if we don't beat the Beavers next season, you can start on the paper work.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, azgreg said:

The last 10 minutes of the bowl game were insane.

Yeah I remember driving home from that game a little shell-shocked and dead inside lol.

• Angry 1
1 minute ago, Chrysis said:

Yeah I remember driving home from that game a little shell-shocked and dead inside lol.

There's a YouTube video of the last 10 minutes. Should I get it for you?

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, azgreg said:

Interesting thread. I had to look using https://www.sports-reference.com/  .

From the years 2015-2020 (more than 22 games) I found the following.

MWC vs:

Arizona: 1-3

Arizona St: 3-1

Colorado: 2-6

Utah: 0-4

USC: 0-3

UCLA: 2-3

Stanford: 1-1

Cal: 1-3

Oregon: 1-3

Oregon St: 4-1

Washington: 1-4

Washington St: 2-5

For an overall record over that period of 18-28.

I believe those totals to be 18-37.

Check data and your math.

6 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Another interesting thing is on the same day the 8th ranked Arizona basketball team came back from 6 down with 1 minute to play against 5th ranked Florida. Quite a day in Arizona sports history.

15 hours ago, Chrysis said:

I remember when Arizona scored, I turned to my Dad and went we are going to loose this game, and he looked at me like I was nuts

17 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Starting next season we have a PAC-12 school on the schedule about every year. So if we don't beat the Beavers next season, you can start on the paper work.

Looks like we are bouncing between Big 10 and Pac 12 games for the next several seasons.

2 hours ago, ViAggie said:

It's nice to own the dregs of the PAC-12, but what would be better is if we could knock off an Oregon or SC every now and then, that would be great!

Boise did that a few times no?

• Like 1