Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Cousin-f*cking Q-tards: the Ultimate Virtue Signalers

3 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I mean, so what? What are you advocating for? People that have had COVID don’t need the shot? Ok. So are you saying the government should mandate people get antibody tests to see if they have had previous infections, then hand out cards that document people that have antibodies and then exempt them from vaccine mandates? 

He just wants everyone to have so many exceptions that vaccine mandates become completely useless and ineffective so they can blame Biden for not getting the virus under control for midterms.  The Republican strategy is to sabotage the recovery and then blame Biden and Democrats. 

Posted Image

On 9/10/2021 at 12:10 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

In Oct. 2020, a CNN crew visited tiny Carter County, Missouri, with a booming population of 6,000 souls. The crown jewel of Carter County, Van Buren, has 820 residents.

They retuned this last month as Carter County was experiencing the 4th wave driven by the delta variant. The vaccination rate in Carter County is only 27%. And in reading the quotes from its denizens, it is very apparent that vaccsine hesitancy is the ultimate virtue signal by these Rhodes Scholars:

:facepalm:

Link

Watching the story, I don't see anything that would suggest virtue signaling. Some...not all...but some are bullheaded and there's a good dose of ignorance, but virtue signaling isn't there. There's a bit of irony in the thread title. There's a common stance here, like everywhere, that the only people that are against getting vaccinated are hillbilly white conservatives and that just isn't the case. The number of covid calls that we have been getting has increased (by a lot) in the past two months and I'll tell you that the perception of white conservatives making up the lion's share of the unvaccinated just isn't the case....far from it. Posts like this only play into that. 

On 9/10/2021 at 11:26 AM, Spaztecs said:

Back when i was kid there were three rules to making and keeping friends.

1. Don't discuss sex

2. Don't discuss religion

3. Don't discuss politics

Seems we're not interested in friendships

4. Keep the topic on beastiality because we all agreed that’s some of the best fringe benefits nature has to offer. 😂

kat.jpg

On 9/11/2021 at 2:50 PM, Slapdad said:

Watching the story, I don't see anything that would suggest virtue signaling. Some...not all...but some are bullheaded and there's a good dose of ignorance, but virtue signaling isn't there. There's a bit of irony in the thread title. There's a common stance here, like everywhere, that the only people that are against getting vaccinated are hillbilly white conservatives and that just isn't the case. The number of covid calls that we have been getting has increased (by a lot) in the past two months and I'll tell you that the perception of white conservatives making up the lion's share of the unvaccinated just isn't the case....far from it. Posts like this only play into that. 

I get there are crazy as antivaxxers on the left as well (Jenny McCarthy was the first known entity I can recall sounding the anti-vac alarm long before COVID), but if you didn't see the "only Democrats wear masks" sentiment expressed by one local in that article you may want to re-read it.

Every study on the subject since the release of the vaccine has consistently reaffirmed the observation that vaccination hesitancy rates clearly fall into partisan silos.

For instance, here's one from Carnegie Mellon and Pitt Medical School:

Those from counties with higher Trump support in the 2020 presidential election showed higher hesitancy, and the difference in hesitancy between areas with high and low Trump support grew over the period studied. “This finding really highlights the politicization of public health recommendations,” said King.

Link

From HHS as reported by the NYT:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-12-at-11-06-36-AM.pn

Link

I can post more if you like.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 9/10/2021 at 3:07 PM, CV147 said:

Those who previously tested positive by and large aren't being reinfected. I think that's a great thing.

The prevailing politics doesn't focus on that.

I finished my vaccination regime after getting it and recovering it because I don't accept "I got it trust me bro" from other people and so I don't expect them to accept it from me. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Every study on the subject since the release of the vaccine has consistently reaffirmed the observation that vaccination hesitancy rates clearly fall into partisan silos.

From a poll this week:

Biden2020 voters: 91% vaxed

Trump2020 voters: 50% vaxed

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/nbc-news-poll-shows-demographic-breakdown-vaccinated-u-s-n1277514

8 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I get there are crazy as antivaxxers on the left as well (Jenny McCarthy was the first known entity I can recall sounding the anti-vac alarm long before COVID), but if you didn't see the "only Democrats where masks" sentiment expressed by one local in that article you may want to re-read it.

For instance, here's one from Carnegie Mellon and Pitt Medical School:

Link

From HHS as reported by the NYT:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-12-at-11-06-36-AM.pn

Link

I can post more if you like.

So in a post where you're pointing out (incorrectly) that "Cousin-f***ing Qtards" are virtue signaling, you're posting stats that support the fact that conservative voters are more apt to be hesitant to get poked, which is.....virtue signaling? :whistle:  It doesn't make a difference in anything here, but Lisa Bonet from the Cosby show was one of the first anti-vaxxer, who did an interview on the subject back in 1990. 

Now that that's out of the way, I never said that conservatives weren't more hesitant to get the poke. My comment was that there is a false narrative that conservatives are the only ones that are hesitant to get it when that isn't the case. It's hard to put a high degree of confidence in studies when, as the linked story even points out, conservatives may publicly reject the notion that they would get vaccinated in order to appear as if they're toeing the party line and I think it's safe to assume the same may be true on the other side. At any rate, I'm not here to argue that the vax falls along party lines, but I will argue that the anti-vaxxers are only on one side because that just isn't the case. If you're going to throw shade, then throw shade on both sides. 

On 9/10/2021 at 11:31 AM, sean327 said:

How do you get people to step back though? Both sides bombard us with bullshit, both play the gotcha game, both use fear and ridicule to keep their base in line. It’s hard to get away from it. Talk radio, cable news, social media. Invite your friends over for a bbq and politics inevitably comes up. I’m to the point now where I only watch local news, I’ve culled all the morons off my Facebook news feed that only want to talk politics. I’ve even found myself coming to this side of the board less often. And I’m willing to admit that I’ve been part of the problem in the past, but I’ve made the conscious decision to tone it down over the last year. I’m just tired of every damn thing becoming a political fight. These days I just want to sit on my patio, listen to music, watch football, drink beer, and smoke meat. I don’t want to deal with it anymore.

This thread for instance. Why does anyone living in California give a single solitary +++++ what some redneck in Missouri does or doesn't think or do? 

Get your +++++ing shot and move the +++++ on.

Enough with the snotty shitbag lefty routine.

It's tired.

Try shutting up and minding your own business.

The worst thing for civil society is that the Internet gives distance to cowards to say things about people that would get their ass kicked if they said to someones face.

Ass kicking is the way to keep things civil.  Without it, you get the MWC board non sports sewer.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

My comment was that there is a false narrative that conservatives are the only ones that are hesitant to get it when that isn't the case.

With all due respect, your post can be distilled down to this single statement. And I agree with it 100%.

However, your assertion that the above is true and that the article I posted represents valid examples of virtue signaling are mutually exclusive is a false dichotomy. 

9 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

This thread for instance. Why does anyone living in California give a single solitary +++++ what some redneck in Missouri does or doesn't think or do? 

It's tired.

The worst thing for civil society is that the Internet gives distance to cowards to say things about people that would get their ass kicked if they said to someones face.

Ass kicking is the way to keep things civil.  Without it, you get the MWC board non sports sewer.

it

becomes

our

business

when

they

get

us

sick

10 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

irony-meter.gif

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

It's amazing to me how emotional conservatives have become about the mask and vaccine issue...shows how easily they can be steered IMO. Don't believe me? If Trump takes the exact opposite positions I don't think we have this big of an issue with either. 

On 9/10/2021 at 8:47 PM, CV147 said:

I will grant you that.

I will also restate my real life statistics if you like, showing that reinfections are 1/4th the breakthrough infections.

Fully vaccinated statistics in the US:

• Hospitilizations: 14,115
  • Deaths: 2,675

Unvaccinated statistics in the US: 

• Hospitilizations: 2,828,381
  • Deaths: 649,805

Sources:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

11 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

It's tired.

Because f*cktards still are allowed to board planes and come here. And because we get an average of 36 million visitors each year, a signiifant number of which are f*cktarded. And because "revenge tourism" is a thing right now. And because we're not a bunch of disjoint tribes with no stakes in the f*cktarded actions of our countrymen.

Take your pick.

But none of that matters. Because the post isn't about what happens in Missouri. It's about a cultural divide along political lines as it pertains to public safety, full stop. It's about the nuthugger mentality that makes one whine like a little btch if they're asked to wear a mask. And there are hundreds of thousands of said whiny btch nuthuggers virtue signaling their f*cking germs everywhere they go, here, there, and elsewhere.

8 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

it

becomes

our

business

when

they

get

us

sick

IF

YOU

are

VACCINATED

how 

that

happen?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Because f*cktards still are allowed to board planes and come here. And because we get an average of 36 million visitors each year, a signiifant number of which are f*cktarded. And because "revenge tourism" is a thing right now. And because we're not a bunch of disjoint tribes with no stakes in the f*cktarded actions of our countrymen.

Take your pick.

But none of that matters. Because the post isn't about what happens in Missouri. It's about a cultural divide along political lines as it pertains to public safety, full stop. It's about the nuthugger mentality that makes one whine like a little btch if they're asked to wear a mask. And there are hundreds of thousands of said whiny btch nuthuggers virtue signaling their f*cking germs everywhere they go, here, there, and elsewhere.

Revenge tourism?  The fuq is that?