Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Cousin-f*cking Q-tards: the Ultimate Virtue Signalers

2 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I read that article and thought it was good.

I still don't understand the push to vaccinate recovered people. Is it just an "I did it so you have to" thing?

Same fcuking reason anyone who has ever had the flu still needs to get the flu shot every flu season. C'mon!

1 minute ago, CV147 said:

I read that article and thought it was good.

I still don't understand the push to vaccinate recovered people. Is it just an "I did it so you have to" thing?

The research (caveat: thus far) seems to indicate that the antibodies from a case of COVID are limited to whatever strain one caught, and that they may also not last as long.  The vaccine seems to be proving to be more broad based in its protection.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

The research (caveat: thus far) seems to indicate that the antibodies from a case of COVID are limited to whatever strain one caught, and that they may also not last as long.  The vaccine seems to be proving to be more broad based in its protection.

That isn't what I've seen. There are far more breakthrough cases than reinfections.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity.

From my local health department:

Of our total cases, 1.14% are reinfections, and 5.42% contracted the virus after being fully vaccinated (breakthrough cases)

https://www.lcdhd.org/info-tools/health-assessments-and-statistics/health_report_card/covid19-state-wide-outbreak-2/covid-19-media-public/daily-brief/

Comparing breakthroughs to reinfections is flawed.  Nobody ever said a vaccinated person couldnt get it.  The purpose of of vaccination is to prevent serious illness.  People who get a flu shot can still get the flu.

As far the length of immunity, I said 'thus far' and 'seems to indicate'.  That study was strictly in Israel, and covered a 6 week period.  One study.  Ultimately, we're all gonna believe what we want to believe.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

19 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

While we're all real proud of you for trying, let me help you out a little...

Actually, he/she was dividing the number of fatalities by the total population. But even then, it might help if they started with the current death count (15), which is 25% greater than the outdated number they used.

The mistake was putting the % behind the decimal #s. I thought it was an easy mistake to see as pretty much everyone I know sees .119 as 11.9%.  

56 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Way to introduce yourself by demonstrating those awesome math skills, ace. I'm sure all Frestuckians are proud as F.

john-hamm-sure.gif

Well we do know JoeFromWy is coming back under a new name. Maybe the new persona just doesn't have the math skills? :shrug:

12 minutes ago, RSF said:

Comparing breakthroughs to reinfections is flawed.  Nobody ever said a vaccinated person couldnt get it.  The purpose of of vaccination is to prevent serious illness.  People who get a flu shot can still get the flu.

As far the length of immunity, I said 'thus far' and 'seems to indicate'.  That study was strictly in Israel, and covered a 6 week period.  One study.  Ultimately, we're all gonna believe what we want to believe.

I was never arguing against vaccination. I am vaccinated and encourage anyone who is considering one to get it.

I was saying that it didn't make sense to push vaccines on the recovered. Recovered folks have good natural protection. It almost feels like a scheme to make Pfizer and Moderna more money.

35 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

While we're all real proud of you for trying, let me help you out a little...

Actually, he/she was dividing the number of fatalities by the total population. But even then, it might help if they started with the current death count (15), which is 25% greater than the outdated number they used.

Is it not like like a batting average.

Deaths divided by cases ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

I've watched both of the Carter county pieces and the takeaway for me is that many of these people resist the vaccine because "I'm stubborn" or "that's not the way I am" or some other silliness they mistake for virtue.  There's no reasoning these folks out of that position. Their identity is wrapped up in it. We've got to all step back from having politics be our identity. We've got to go back to treating politics as more of a private matter. Somehow.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

30 minutes ago, sean327 said:

How do you get people to step back though? Both sides bombard us with bullshit, both play the gotcha game, both use fear and ridicule to keep their base in line. It’s hard to get away from it. Talk radio, cable news, social media. Invite your friends over for a bbq and politics inevitably comes up. I’m to the point now where I only watch local news, I’ve culled all the morons off my Facebook news feed that only want to talk politics. I’ve even found myself coming to this side of the board less often. And I’m willing to admit that I’ve been part of the problem in the past, but I’ve made the conscious decision to tone it down over the last year. I’m just tired of every damn thing becoming a political fight. These days I just want to sit on my patio, listen to music, watch football, drink beer, and smoke meat. I don’t want to deal with it anymore.

I don't think there is a magic bullet, but one thing that I can for sure attribute to me becoming a more open person willing to listen and learn was expanding my social bubble. When you can interact with people from all corners of society, and relate over things unrelated to being different, you realize how not different we are. 

I used to be all aboard the Glenn Beck train and listened to political talk radio with my dad when I was younger. I don't think I ever got into the whole demonization of the other thing, but I was a pretty straight line ideologue shaped only by my understanding of my immediate surrounding. 

College and different jobs didn't even completely crack that code, although it did contribute to expanded horizons. It was one fateful job at a record store that finally got it through my skull. And it was an epiphany. I realized I got along just as well with a gay kid that was looking for punk(the Germs), as I did the redneck looking for renegade county(Tony Joe White) and the dude with a face tat looking for bay area hip hop(Mac Dre). And once you begin that venture to understand and appreciate what exists outside your bubble, there is no looking back. I remember sitting at a party smoking in a circle with a few queer people, a dude from Oakland that had done time, a few backpack hip hop heads, some art girls of different ethnicities, an old timer that had forgotten about more music than the rest of us knew, and a hijab wearing Palestinian girl that loved punk. I had more fun partying with these crazy eccentrics than I ever did with my frat bro friends and jock buddies at ragers. That, and the girls were just as hot and way easier to actually have a conversation with, haha.

Personally, I think one of the biggest things that helps us step back, is to open up. After that, let the politics lie where they fall. It's easier for me to remain critical when I'm more open to different perspectives.

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

In Oct. 2020, a CNN crew visited tiny Carter County, Missouri, with a booming population of 6,000 souls. The crown jewel of Carter County, Van Buren, has 820 residents.

They retuned this last month as Carter County was experiencing the 4th wave driven by the delta variant. The vaccination rate in Carter County is only 27%. And in reading the quotes from its denizens, it is very apparent that vaccsine hesitancy is the ultimate virtue signal by these Rhodes Scholars:

:facepalm:

Link

Wasn't it Biden, Kamala, Cuomo, etc who were spreading vaccination doubt/skepticism before us MAGAats made it cool? Misguided as he may be, the ol' boomer does have a point that democrats were shit talking the vaccine when they feared it would roll out in time for Trump to reap the credit. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

5 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Wasn't it Biden, Kamala, Cuomo, etc who were spreading vaccination doubt/skepticism before us MAGAats made it cool? Misguided as he may be, the ol' boomer does have a point that democrats were shit talking the vaccine when they feared it get rolled out in time for Trump to reap the credit. 

True.

Democrats conveniently forget they were the first to politicize the vaccine.

57 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

The mistake was putting the % behind the decimal #s. I thought it was an easy mistake to see as pretty much everyone I know sees .119 as 11.9%.  

We all make mistakes, but usually as a function of the volume of our posts (unless you're @Bob, in which case you lead in with a factual error because thats how you roll). You lead off the game by striking out while throwing your bat into the stands and putting out some little girl's eye. Shame on you... she'll never see right again. :foottap:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

29 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Wasn't it Biden, Kamala, Cuomo, etc who were spreading vaccination doubt/skepticism before us MAGAats made it cool? Misguided as he may be, the ol' boomer does have a point that democrats were shit talking the vaccine when they feared it would roll out in time for Trump to reap the credit. 

Fake news for f*cktards. :waiting:

Sure would be nice if nutghuggers acted with a healthy degree of skepticism whenever they hear/see something on the interwebs that makes them spill their milkshake in their dress jorts. :waiting:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-10-at-1-24-23-PM.png

Link

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, CV147 said:

That isn't what I've seen. There are far more breakthrough cases than reinfections.

From my local health department:

Of our total cases, 1.14% are reinfections, and 5.42% contracted the virus after being fully vaccinated (breakthrough cases)

That’s misleading though because vaxed population (50% in KY) is much larger than previously contracted (14%).

I haven’t seen the “single strain” protectivity that others allude to, and protection seems similar between the two looking at the numbers you gave compared to KYs population.

Vaccine doesn’t have a 1% death rate and 2%+ hospital rate like contraction does though. Not getting the vaccine is still dumb (and selfish).

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Fake news for f*cktards. :waiting:

Sure would be nice if nutghuggers acted with a healthy degree of skepticism whenever they hear/see something on the interwebs that makes them spill their milkshake in their dress jorts. :waiting:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-10-at-1-24-23-PM.png

Link

Thank you for another example of how pozzed politifact truly is. Are you insinuating all those comments from Cuomo and Kamala, and Biden were faked? They obviously were not. Oh but the video is rated FALSE because Politifact wiggled them out of their own vaccine doubting because the "context" was because we distrust Donald Trump, we must also distrust anything he has to say about the vaccine. That's a bullshit cop-out--and you know it bro.

Oh and I notice it left-out dissecting any of Cuomo's comments as if he wasn't the Democrat's COVID Golden Boy for all of 2020.

image.png.5608c173eba41e38eb941ecf6c32f666.png

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

I keep seeing this brought up and it is misleading at best. THe reason they said this was because at the time it seemed like we were on a pace to get the vaccines out in December JAnuary(like they ultimately did). THat was the timeline for quite a while. the quickest it could happen. Then in one of his stream of conscious ramblings, Trump said something along the lines of maybe I can get them to approve it in October. Which would have been doing exactly what the the Qs are claiming the FDA did anyway. Speed up the approval process without enough testing. That is when some politicians came out and said if the vaccine came out early before it was tested( according to the quickest timelines we had been given for months) due to pressure from the president to try to get a political win and October suprise, they wouldn't trust it. SO it is true those words were spoken but it was in reference to a specific circumstance that didn't end up happening. 

I'm kinda surprised it took Bob this long for the antenna on his tinfoil hat to start signaling him....

3 hours ago, RagingBulldog said:

Thing is, I do not dismay the Bland's of the USA. It isn't their fault they have been left behind by a fast paced society. They have their places tucked away in the corners and recesses, and by and large do not have any effect on the machinations of what make society move. These country boys mainly keep to themselves and live life the way they want. Fine.

What I do have a problem with is disinformation for profit motive that has people more apt to follow a political ideology that doesn't give a shit about them other than their viewership and purchasing/voting potential. And then choosing and promoting that ethos over all else while in turn demonizing the "other" as the enemy. When you cast your ballot into that ring at the detriment of a society built by the people for the people, then you can go ahead and lose those privileges set forth by said society. 

I can accept that the Bland's from Carter County do not know any better. Uncle Rick that spends room much time on Facebook and listening to talk radio does, but has make his decision to forsake "We the People" consciously. Too much ingestion of Intentionally disinformative influence is a weak defense. You have the ability to know better.

Nice post. More, please...and welcome.

3 hours ago, sean327 said:

How do you get people to step back though? Both sides bombard us with bullshit, both play the gotcha game, both use fear and ridicule to keep their base in line. It’s hard to get away from it. Talk radio, cable news, social media. Invite your friends over for a bbq and politics inevitably comes up. I’m to the point now where I only watch local news, I’ve culled all the morons off my Facebook news feed that only want to talk politics. I’ve even found myself coming to this side of the board less often. And I’m willing to admit that I’ve been part of the problem in the past, but I’ve made the conscious decision to tone it down over the last year. I’m just tired of every damn thing becoming a political fight. These days I just want to sit on my patio, listen to music, watch football, drink beer, and smoke meat. I don’t want to deal with it anymore.

I believe this mindset of yours, where you're just over it like tv show you don't need to watch anymore, is growing, and I think that's the way this ends or slows down at least. We just have to get bored with this, and we will. All things shall pass. Just keep acting like the adult in the room. That's all you can do.