Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Boise State vs UTEP game thread

Air quality alert (nasty smoke), combined with calls for "showers and heavy thunderstorms" is going to keep some folks home. Mask requirements make some folks around here angered. Also Art in the Park across the river and pride stuff going on will make it very interesting. I feel like this will be a sparsely attended game. Hope I'm wrong.  

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Air quality alert (nasty smoke), combined with calls for "showers and heavy thunderstorms" is going to keep some folks home. Mask requirements make some folks around here angered. Also Art in the Park across the river and pride stuff going on will make it very interesting. I feel like this will be a sparsely attended game. Hope I'm wrong.  

Storms will clear out the smoke, and it should be clear by game time. Go Broncos!

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Didn't see one so here we go.

I don't think this is going to be a well attended game, but we'll see. It will be nice to tailgate and watch a game live again.

I was planning to take my daughters to the game tonight, but my wife is freaking out about the full hospitals and the high rate of unvaccinated in the state.

30 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Raining pretty good off and on out here in Nampa. Hopefully will be nice and dry by kickoff.

We were planning to go, but apparently my wife doesn't get a student ticket as a full time grad student. No way we were going to pay full price. Pretty messed up, Boise...

Weather map shows clearing in about another hour. Should be dry for the game. 

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Have you figured out what beer is being served yet?  

If there’s one person to ask…

37 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Raining pretty good off and on out here in Nampa. Hopefully will be nice and dry by kickoff.

We were planning to go, but apparently my wife doesn't get a student ticket as a full time grad student. No way we were going to pay full price. Pretty messed up, Boise...

Doesn’t it go by credits per semester?

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I'm surprised by this, since just this morning BJ Rains was reporting that they have expanded the number of tickets they are offering to students - with the goal to get as many in the game as possible.

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

Doesn’t it go by credits per semester?

I called the ticket office and they said they go off what the office of the registrar gives them. Haven't bothered to call them, but apparently she's only considered part-time, even though she's taking a full schedule that's pre-set by her master's degree program. 

27 minutes ago, baileyake said:

I'm surprised by this, since just this morning BJ Rains was reporting that they have expanded the number of tickets they are offering to students - with the goal to get as many in the game as possible.

They're offering student tickets, but still charging $35. Not outrageous, but seems weird that more students don't have access to free (or at least priced with a student's budget in mind) tickets.

3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I called the ticket office and they said they go off what the office of the registrar gives them. Haven't bothered to call them, but apparently she's only considered part-time, even though she's taking a full schedule that's pre-set by her master's degree program. 

If I remember right full time means a minimum of 12 credits per semester, I believe student fees are different.  

7 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Soooooo, the alphabet triggered crowd doesnt support Boise football?