Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Kaepernick Not Attending Nevada HOF Induction Saturday

15 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

All Kap would need to do is get up on the podium and say " I loved my time here, I'm grateful for the support you showed me ....and F**k Boise".

He'd be instant hero again.

Yep. Hell, in my heart he’s a hero today. But he seems to be a very unhappy person right now. I’m here for whenever he’s ready. 

+++++ Boise.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:14 PM, bitteraztec said:

Wedge Pkwy x Mt Rose Hwy is in city limits, and is 18 minutes from main lifts.  If you saved 3 minutes then that would put Reno City Limits within 15 minutes of ski slopes.  Now it better be a sunny morning with no recent snow.  Great area to have lived Convert.

I drive fast. 😀 Yeah, I really miss it a lot and it was the best place I’ve ever lived.

kat.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 10:22 PM, NevadaFan said:

Hell. I said Mt. Rose. Technically Sky Tavern is a city park! My kids went through that program one winter… awesome experience for young skiers. 

I think Sky Tavern is one of the coolest programs anywhere. Bend, which prides itself on its proximity to Mt. Bachelor and spends crazy amounts of money on its parks programs, including youth sports, has nothing that is close to it.

On 9/9/2021 at 3:18 PM, Dirtball said:

You guys act like he killed someone. He stood up for something he was passionate about, and took a stand. That doesnt make him a bad person.  You don't have to agree with his opinion, but he is probably just as a great of a person as he was when he was with the Wolfpack.

I will merely respond by saying that Kap’s political stances do not resonate with those of the Northern Nevada community.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

37 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

I will merely respond by saying that Kap’s political stances do not resonate with those of the Northern Nevada community.

It doesn’t resonate with some. There is plenty of thought diversity in Northern Nevada. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

You don’t speak for everyone in Northern Nevada. 

I never said I speak for every single individual person in Northern Nevada. 🙄 I would think the “in general” could be left implied. There are obviously those who agree with him, almost all in Washoe County.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 3:02 PM, VandalPride97 said:

Kap grew up with more privilege than me.  Fact.

All week it was announced that he wasn't coming, I suspect now that it was to reduce any pushback.  He showed up, was well

received & he seemed to genuinely enjoy the experience.  Coach Ault has had no contact with him in years, was quite happy to see him

& spent a lot of time talking to him.  He still has a lot of friends here.    

5 hours ago, NVGiant said:

It doesn’t resonate with some. There is plenty of thought diversity in Northern Nevada. 

N. Nevada was always the conservative end of the State.  Of course that has changed somewhat with all the Calis moving in.  We had 20 years of Repub governors from the North.

There was a lot of resentment when he took his knee.  But with all the riots & burning buildings since then his taking a knee seems pretty tame by todays standards.  

6 hours ago, wolfan said:

All week it was announced that he wasn't coming, I suspect now that it was to reduce any pushback.  He showed up, was well

received & he seemed to genuinely enjoy the experience.  Coach Ault has had no contact with him in years, was quite happy to see him

& spent a lot of time talking to him.  He still has a lot of friends here.    

Politics aside it was nice to see him show and renew good memories. Now phuck him for beating Boise State on the field. 

23 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

All Kap would need to do is get up on the podium and say " I loved my time here, I'm grateful for the support you showed me ....and F**k Boise".

He'd be instant hero again.

Was I right or what...he said pretty much exactly what I posted. Except for the f**k Boise part ...kinda disappointing 😉

Thanks Kap for following this board. 

Your efforts while you were here were Greatly Appreciated !

On 9/9/2021 at 7:44 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You know what’s not cool? Interjecting your ideology into conversations about sports. I stay the hell out of the ot board during football season. I suggest you do the same…and not bring it over here.

Kaep brought his ideology to the football field.  Did you complain then?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama