Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Biden to require all employers who have 100+ employees to mandate the vaccine. $14,000 penalty per violation.

43 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

That speech was terrible.

What anti vax governors is he referring to?  He is deliberately conflating masks and vaccines.

Why is he lying and calling it a pandemic of the unvaccinated?  70 something percent of 12 and older Americans are vaccinated.  And many more have already have Covid.  And yet Covid is still running rampant.  It is dishonest scapegoating to say that the unvaccinated are the only reason Covid is still a problem.  Who is he going to blame when Covid vaccination is at 90 something percent and Covid is still around?

I’m not in favor of this mandate as I already stated but gaslighting the issue doesn’t help either.  

The vast majority of people getting hospitalized and over running our hospital systems are the unvaccinated.  Republican governors opposing simple mask mandates when they are fully in favor of other dress codes is disingenuous at best.   Yes breakthrough cases exist but they would be less if we didn’t have a large pool of unvaccinated running around.   

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I'm not sure I like it. I understand that the workers can "get new jobs" but the government is not the private sector.  The government and it's departments are us and I believe in body autonomy.   I know I would hate to be in the position of not wanting to take an injection or losing a career.  I wouldn't do this mandate thing if I were king.  

You didn't ever have to get some vaccinations to attend public school back in the day? 

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

I’m not in favor of this mandate as I already stated but gaslighting the issue doesn’t help either.  

The vast majority of people getting hospitalized and over running our hospital systems are the unvaccinated.  Republican governors opposing simple mask mandates when they are fully in favor of other dress codes is disingenuous at best.   Yes breakthrough cases exist but they would be less if we didn’t have a large pool of unvaccinated running around.   

Exactly true and those unvaccinated are why we are in the sad position of requiring more get vaccinated - they are the ones holding up the end game 

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

You are a clueless moron! How many times do you have to be told that its about keeping people out of the ICU to preserve health care resources. What if your wife or child is in an automobile accident and needs immediate critical care to save their life, but there is no where for them to go because they are filled up with anti-vax idiots like you. You talk about individual freedoms, but what about another persons right to receive medical care when they need it, or to at least expect it to be there for them of they do need it. 

Be careful @bornontheblue you might be accused of being a lib. :shrug:

6 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I'm not sure I like it. I understand that the workers can "get new jobs" but the government is not the private sector.  The government and it's departments are us and I believe in body autonomy.   I know I would hate to be in the position of not wanting to take an injection or losing a career.  I wouldn't do this mandate thing if I were king.  

Same.  I get local government managing pandemic response in a country as large and diverse as ours but the idea of this being done via executive order is unsettling.  

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Same.  I get local government managing pandemic response in a country as large and diverse as ours but the idea of this being done via executive order is unsettling.  

Yep makes you wonder what could be next.  Not a good time to be libertarian or libertarian leaning from either side.  

7 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

You didn't ever have to get some vaccinations to attend public school back in the day? 

I see your point, and it's a valid piece to the debate, but it's not ultimately satisfying.

29 minutes ago, Bob said:

lol. It's on immunocompromised people to stay home. Just like before covid.

so they don't get freedom and you do?

seems fascist

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

It’s good for business to falsely stir shit up….. until you have killed off your base I guess.  

I don't understand the GOP & Fox strategy of lying to your fans so they can possibly die !?!?! :shrug:

So what happens to the unvaccinated people and their families that get told to hit the road, or those that say phuck it, I’m leaving. What about the wives and kids that depend on the man to bring home a pay check? Let them starve?

Also, how does this apply to those that have had Covid already and have natural immunity?

How do businesses and government compensate for loss of employees? 

Biden has not thought this through and is biting off more than he can chew with this mandate. He’s over stepping his authority. The division is only going to get deeper.