Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Biden to require all employers who have 100+ employees to mandate the vaccine. $14,000 penalty per violation.

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

Ok, so now you too are deliberately conflating masks and vaccines.

Why do you defend this idiocy?  Kids have to wear masks in school all day but an elderly person pops their mask of when they sit down to eat?  Absurd.

Why?  

because one more mask might reduce the spread enough that one more child might be able to grow up with a parent or a parent with a child.  

because as a Christian I am so disgusted with many in my religion that through ignorance and selfishness refuse to give a shit about others than I’m close to walking away.  

Is wearing masks perfect? Of course not.  Will it prevent all infections? Clearly no.  Will it limit the spread?  Yes it well.   So we argue about the perfect and ignore the helpful.  The stupidity and selfishness in this country is rampant.   And the worse part is many Christians are leading the way.  

3 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Ever tried to eat with a mask on? It's pretty fuggin difficult.

And your point?

You guys are ridiculous, swinging from Old Man Biden's nuts.  If it's safe to for elderly people to eat at a restraunt without a mask, it's safe for kids to sit in class without a mask.  And before you say, it's not problem for kids to do it so why not, do a little research.

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Why?  

because one more mask might reduce the spread enough that one more child might be able to grow up with a parent or a parent with a child.  

because as a Christian I am so disgusted with many in my religion that through ignorance and selfishness refuse to give a shit about others than I’m close to walking away.  

Is wearing masks perfect? Of course not.  Will it prevent all infections? Clearly no.  Will it limit the spread?  Yes it well.   So we argue about the perfect and ignore the helpful.  The stupidity and selfishness in this country is rampant.   And the worse part is many Christians are leading the way.  

No, the benefits of cloth masks worn all day long at school do not outweigh the costs.  The benefits are next to nothing, and the costs are significant.

Stop conflating the masks with the vaccines.  FFS, Cuomo killed tens of thousands with his phucked up nursing home order, where is your outrage there?  No, you want to piss and moan about DeSantis being anti mask mandate.

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You better be talking about Creed because 1-4 are diamonds and I will Best Buy anyone on that point.

You are underestimating the greatness of the movie Rocky Balboa.  Great monologues in that one.

43 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

And your point?

You guys are ridiculous, swinging from Old Man Biden's nuts.  If it's safe to for elderly people to eat at a restraunt without a mask, it's safe for kids to sit in class without a mask.  And before you say, it's not problem for kids to do it so why not, do a little research.

There is an obvious reason why a restaurant/bar allows to unmask while schools don't when seated.  Schools are already funded, restaurants/bars need customers.  Neither side should use this comparison unless we want create a rabbit hole thread 

3 hours ago, CPslograd said:

No, the benefits of cloth masks worn all day long at school do not outweigh the costs.  The benefits are next to nothing, and the costs are significant.

Stop conflating the masks with the vaccines.  FFS, Cuomo killed tens of thousands with his phucked up nursing home order, where is your outrage there?  No, you want to piss and moan about DeSantis being anti mask mandate.

Seriously?!?  How many more studies and proof do you need that masks help keep an infected person's germs contained and prevent outbreaks?  You can't pick and choose which scientific facts you believe based on your politician du jour.  This is where you cons screwed up by politicizing.   If Trump would have gone all in on masks he may still be president, instead he blundered covid. He thought he could make masks another cultural wedge because he didn't like how they looked on him.  Nearly the worst response of any world politician from a political perspective.   The politicians who ignored the science got pummeled and also got covid. 

What are the costs???  The cost of cloth??  Or are you going to launch into some disproven conspiracy theory or anecdotal nonsense?

Posted Image

7 hours ago, Billings said:

There is a reason Thyphoid Mary is hated and famous.   The vaccines were not made political by the FDA or CDC.

The CDC positions have been all over the place and sometimes not research based.  They followed the administrations lead more than once.  They compromised themselves and fewer Americans than ever trust them.

33 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

The CDC positions have been all over the place and sometimes not research based.  They followed the administrations lead more than once.  They compromised themselves and fewer Americans than ever trust them.

Yes.

The research and statistics show that those who recover from Covid-19 are not dying or filling hospitals. Yet politics demands that the recovered be vaccinated for no damn reason at all.

6 hours ago, CPslograd said:

I thought Cuomo was a moron who deserved to get canned.  Please tell me the “costs” of wearing a mask at school.  

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

They have but they had reasons.  In the beginning N95 masks were in short supply and hospital workers in Covid wards had to have them.   They were loosing too many medical people to Covid.   The CDC rightly surmised that we are selfish as shit and so said don’t use masks so the regular population wouldn’t use up supply.

Im not sure what I would have done if in their shoes.  You had to protect your medical workers.  The American public has proven to be dumb and untrustworthy.

8 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Nope being consistent about not using corporations as a means of punishment. I have never liked that regardless if it is left or right.  I argued against it when the Charlottesville morons were being doxxed long before cancel culture was a thing.  

Perhaps you haven’t noticed but I’m the asshole who doesn’t care about teams.  I’m not straddling the middle I’m standing up for what I think is right.  Either side be damned.  

@bornontheblue curious what the idiot button is for?   I would guess you would be the first to agree I’m an asshole.  

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

There is an obvious reason why a restaurant/bar allows to unmask while schools don't when seated.  Schools are already funded, restaurants/bars need customers.  Neither side should use this comparison unless we want create a rabbit hole thread 

Not to mention the density of people in a school is much closer and shifts constantly so the contact and potential spread is higher. 

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

They have but they had reasons.  In the beginning N95 masks were in short supply and hospital workers in Covid wards had to have them.   They were loosing too many medical people to Covid.   The CDC rightly surmised that we are selfish as shit and so said don’t use masks so the regular population wouldn’t use up supply.

Im not sure what I would have done if in their shoes.  You had to protect your medical workers.  The American public has proven to be dumb and untrustworthy.

I can accept the n95 thing....but 2 masks....and say that a sweaty piece of cotton works....masks out side.....6 ft?....sorry