Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Biden to require all employers who have 100+ employees to mandate the vaccine. $14,000 penalty per violation.

6 hours ago, Bob said:

Don’t want to hear a peep from @bornontheblue when he can’t travel and is put in a concentration camp. Fascist 

Air travel is a privlege.  They can require all sorts of things like you need to be vaccinated and you aren't allowed to carry a gun and you are subject to pre emptive search.  Bidens ability to force a vaccine for air travel is more clear than anything.   To bad he didn't use it. 

Posted Image

9 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I’ve moderated in the last couple of years , and  the GOP went full  speed ahead  on the train to crazy town. @Bobis the conductor 

Not sure if he’s the conductor. Seems more he’s tied to the tracks…

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

48 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Rocky is a horribly overrated movie.  

Stallone is a really overrated actor IMO. The only movies he ever did that I liked was a really early one called “The Lords of Flatbush” (with Henry Winkler) and I really liked “Copland” with Harvey Keitel. In that one his character was slow so he was a natural. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

22 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Stallone is a really overrated actor IMO. The only movies he ever did that I liked was a really early one called “The Lords of Flatbush” (with Henry Winkler) and I really liked “Copland” with Harvey Keitel. In that one his character was slow so he was a natural. 

Copland has of my favorite De Niro lines. I can’t help but laugh every time I see this scene.

And you blleeeeewww it!

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

Your devolution has been interesting to watch. You're probably going to start wearing dresses and change your gender next.

Lol, 

No I am still 100% American man. That is what your wife said after the drilling I gave her. 

One of the ERs my gf works at, in a more rural setting, might be in trouble when the mandate comes down. All the doctors are vaccinated, but only half the nurses and a qtr of the techs. Some of them are so adamant about not receiving the vaccine they've unsuccessfully tried to get religious exemptions are now going to make the hospital fire them.

4 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

One of the ERs my gf works at, in a more rural setting, might be in trouble when the mandate comes down. All the doctors are vaccinated, but only half the nurses and a qtr of the techs. Some of them are so adamant about not receiving the vaccine they've unsuccessfully tried to get religious exemptions are now going to make the hospital fire them.

The hospital should not relent. Fire their asses. It will look terrible for them when they want to become employed again and they have to explain why they got fired from their last job. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The hospital should not relent. Fire their asses. It will look terrible for them when they want to become employed again and they have to explain why they got fired from their last job. 

Oh they won't relent. There is plenty of help from prn pools. Probably just have to pay willing personnel like my gf critical differential pay.

Just now, Stealthlobo said:

Oh they won't relent. There is plenty of help from prn pools. Probably just have to pay willing personnel like my gf critical differential pay.

If they get fired for not vaccinating does that stay on their record. For instance I am a CPA and we have a state board of accountancy that governs our profession. If I screw up badly I have to answer to them, and it is on my public record for all to see. Does the state board of nursing or its equivalent have similar procedures? 

22 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

If they get fired for not vaccinating does that stay on their record. For instance I am a CPA and we have a state board of accountancy that governs our profession. If I screw up badly I have to answer to them, and it is on my public record for all to see. Does the state board of nursing or its equivalent have similar procedures? 

I don't believe so. If it's similar to pharmacy, firing doesn't really matter unless it's due to violating laws/licensing regulations. For example, if i get fired for stealing opiates, then thats a license thing and will stay on my record forever. But if i get fired for telling patients to +++++ off or always showing up to work late, then it doesn't matter, i just can't work at the company who doesn't want me doing those things. It's not required for our licenses to be vaccinated.

31 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

It doesn't stay on their "record" per say, but when their former employer gets called to verify prior employment they can tell them the employee was fired and the reason why.

On 9/13/2021 at 12:19 PM, Los_Aztecas said:

It doesn't stay on their "record" per say, but when their former employer gets called to verify prior employment they can tell them the employee was fired and the reason why.

The reason why is generally not acceptable to share with third parties. It could become a litigious issue if what they shared about a former employee prevented that individual from getting employment elsewhere. Most companies tend to simply confirm dates of employment and leave it at that. 

On 9/10/2021 at 7:55 PM, Bob said:

You are. You science denying fascist tard. 

thanks dude who cherry picks random twitter bros with questionable graphing skills to attempt to disprove peer-reviewed studies, who looks at a far right coup attempt and says "rad", who calls any center electoral wins "fraud", who repeatedly demeans gay and trans people, who longs for some golden age in the past, and who supports typical family values and hard work

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

30 minutes ago, happycamper said:

thanks dude who cherry picks random twitter bros with questionable graphing skills to attempt to disprove peer-reviewed studies, who looks at a far right coup attempt and says "rad", who calls any center electoral wins "fraud", who repeatedly demeans gay and trans people, who longs for some golden age in the past, and who supports typical family values and hard work

I love it when @Bob gets on his high horse, especially when it comes to concepts like science.