Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Biden to require all employers who have 100+ employees to mandate the vaccine. $14,000 penalty per violation.

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I think it is a distinct possibility, one that I wish to avoid. 

I mean to be flippant, there's a lot of republican policies that only work when we are one huge interconnected country ;)

yeah like southern republican dominated state ssucking up all the funding - There's states that couldn't survive without federal funding & 9 of 10 of those are mostly republican 

I think mandating the private sector by Executive Order is a serious overreach and an abuse of power, and I agree with @Bobon this. It is a slippery slope. 

5 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I think mandating the private sector by Executive Order is a serious overreach and an abuse of power, and I agree with @Bobon this. It is a slippery slope. 

A slippery slope that stated at Valley Forge in 1777 right up thru 2021 

If Biden announced he was requiring every company with 100+ employees to do weekly testing, I don't think there would be nearly as much pearl clutching (though there'll always be some)

This is effectively just that, except it gives companies the chance to opt out by mandating the shot

4 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Funny enough I don’t.  I have a significant fear of the government already using private employers to force things they can’t/shouldn’t force.  Such an action is as authoritarian as Trump.   

Can we just stop with Fing old men Boomers as President.  

Straddling the fence once again,  i see

Posted Image

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Anyone else honestly wonder if it’s time to split the Union up?   

Over this particular vaccine as opposed to all the other ones that are required?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

thank god im independently wealthy

u may be wealthy but u are co-dependent with smack talking on the sports side

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I think either vaccine mandates for fully FDA approved vaccines are constitutional, or they aren’t. If COVID vaccine mandates are overreach, all vaccine mandates are overreach. I was willing to entertain the “well actually” arguments when all the vaccines were under an EUA, but that’s out the window now. All or nothing, IMO. 

I think Biden took a page from texas's playbook.... It doesn't matter if it is constitutional. Just like the abortion law is about putting pressure on abortion providers and scare them into closing or not providing abortions,this rule will cause(or give cover to) many companies to put in their own vaccine requirements which are legal and by the time we get very far in the courts,the effects will already be felt for the better. 

Personally I don't really like it but I don't think it is too big of a deal and any sort of slippery slope. 

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

We didn't have this problem until the orange clown came along & one political party fell lockstep behind him in cult like fashion.............20 years ago after 9/11 the country was pretty united 

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Who's constitution will the new states use? The same one with some editing out the civil rights parts and adding some more Taliban type clauses 

Anyone thinking secession is just a "let's do it" thing is delusional - For one thing the southern states couldn't function as a first world country without their continued sucking off the US government 

Might be cali, wash, oregon, and hawaii peeling off and they could be self sufficient rather quickly.

8 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

It is not my responsibility to actively protect your health in public.   It your responsibilty to get the vax...mask...stay home or whatever....I thought masks work?

Something almost no american would have said forty  years ago. I remember measels and mumps quarantines, required vaccinations at almost all universities to attend.  Total loss of community in the US today. We are spoiled by years of effective vaccines and lack or disease threat.

7 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

It is not my responsibility to actively protect your health in public.   It your responsibilty to get the vax...mask...stay home or whatever....I thought masks work?

well are you wearing it?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, Billings said:

Something almost no american would have said twenty years ago. I remember measels and munos quarantines, required vaccinations at almost all universities to attend.  Total loss of comminity in the US today

Sick people were the ones quarantined.   I am vaxed by choice but forcing it is wrong..    other vaccines were long tested and trusted.   This is politicized and testing datA kept hidden so we truly don't know.  The CDC blew it and we shouldn't blame folks for refusing it.