Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Biden to require all employers who have 100+ employees to mandate the vaccine. $14,000 penalty per violation.

9 minutes ago, happycamper said:

no. I disagree. I understand your thoughts... but the solution is worse than the problems. 

I’m just saying it’s probably more destructive to try to hold things together , than it would be to find a way to amicably divorce. We cannot keep going on like this 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

lol. It's on immunocompromised people to stay home. Just like before covid.

So millions of Americans with inflammatory conditions, diabetes, obesity, cancer, etc are all pulled out of economy.  Good plan.    Anyone over 70.  Stay home and quit spending money as well

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I’m just saying it’s probably more destructive to try to hold things together , than it would be to find a way to amicably divorce. We cannot keep going on like this 

anyone who works with or is associated with a northern Idaho hospital agrees

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Why have a treaty ? What would be the point of that with some rouge states ?!?!

F'em..........if they want out, go all the way, from funding to printing their own money to everything else - If they want to play independent country do it all the way, not be a territory like Guam 

It would t be rogue states. I think we are headed towards a path of divorce , where both sides agree it needs to happen. Working towards an amicable divorce would be best. I certainly hope this doesn’t happen ans  we find some way to salvage things but the way things are headed , I think that’s a pipe dream. 
im not saying that it will happen next week, but do you honestly think we can carry on as a country like this for another 50 years? 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Who's constitution will the new states use? The same one with some editing out the civil rights parts and adding some more Taliban type clauses 

Anyone thinking secession is just a "let's do it" thing is delusional - For one thing the southern states couldn't function as a first world country without their continued sucking off the US government 

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

It would t be rogue states. I think we are headed towards a path of divorce , where both sides agree it needs to happen. Working towards an amicable divorce would be best. I certainly hope this doesn’t happen ans  we find some way to salvage things but the way things are headed , I think that’s a pipe dream. 
im not saying that it will happen next week, but do you honestly think we can carry on as a country like this for another 50 years? 

We didn't have this problem until the orange clown came along & one political party fell lockstep behind him in cult like fashion.............20 years ago after 9/11 the country was pretty united 

35 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

So what happens to the unvaccinated people and their families that get told to hit the road, or those that say phuck it, I’m leaving. What about the wives and kids that depend on the man to bring home a pay check? Let them starve?

Also, how does this apply to those that have had Covid already and have natural immunity?

How do businesses and government compensate for loss of employees? 

Biden has not thought this through and is biting off more than he can chew with this mandate. He’s over stepping his authority. The division is only going to get deeper. 

If people can't provide for themselves or their family because their personal choice to not take a vaccine that is now FDA-approved, i have no sympathy.  Natural immunity is a myth, it's like saying vaccine immunity exists.  

While i am agai st a federal mandate on business, the fact it came to this shows the selfish nature of our fellow Americans.  Nearly all datasets show the overwhelming positive aspects of the vaccine to curb hospitalizations and death, even compared to the other so-called options.  The prolonged resistance has crippled businesses, halted schools, extended stupid ass mask policies.  So, at this point, if your job doesn't see you are worth eating the fine, i don't care that you became expendable, and shame on them for what that might create for their family.

5 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Who's constitution will the new states use? The same one with some editing out the civil rights parts and adding some more Taliban type clauses 

Anyone thinking secession is just a "let's do it" thing is delusional - For one thing the southern states couldn't function as a first world country without their continued sucking off the US government 

Who cares ? It would be there problem to figure out. That us where we are undoubtedly headed though. 

6 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

You think we can come together and be unified ever again. We are headed fir a divorce, hopefully it’s amicable 

Yes. We can. 

First we were never that unified to start. We've always been a pain in the ass.

Second, I don't think we are even as disunited as we were in the 1960s. people saw those riots as the start of a true civil war. 

third, the idea that we are red vs blue states is a fallacy. There are more republicans in California than there are in Texas. There are more Democrats in Texas than there are in New York. It is impossible to have a divorce. we're intertwined.

fourth, no matter how amicable any split would be, it would involve far worse damage to the people living here than we have now. families separated. economic ties severed - probably forever. the rich will get richer and the poorer will start to be pushed to, and off, of the edge. there will be mass population shifts, some forced. the country won't just divorce either, it will shatter. pent up political forces will rear their ugly head. expect a dozen liberal democracies, a handful of true fascist states, semi-theocracies, several failed areas, probably some anarchist autonomous cities. We will no longer have federal funding for wilderness management in the west, so we will have truly apocalyptic fires for the first few years. 

That's...the best option. The worst quickly includes genocide, war, nuclear attacks, state collapse, infrastructure collapse. It has happened in almost every modern partition to date. I am incapable of overstating this. the result will be a disaster. look at your neighbors. one will get dragged off. one will leave to see family. one will lose everything. your kids? drafted or worse.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

We didn't have this problem until the orange clown came along & one political party fell lockstep being him in cult like fashion.............20 years ago after 9/11 the country was pretty united 

We had rumors of blue states threating to secede if Trump won . We were United fir about two weeks after 9/11 abs  then. Went right back to the toxic relationship 

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yes. We can. 

First we were never that unified to start. We've always been a pain in the ass.

Second, I don't think we are even as disunited as we were in the 1960s. people saw those riots as the start of a true civil war. 

third, the idea that we are red vs blue states is a fallacy. There are more republicans in California than there are in Texas. There are more Democrats in Texas than there are in New York. It is impossible to have a divorce. we're intertwined.

fourth, no matter how amicable any split would be, it would involve far worse damage to the people living here than we have now. families separated. economic ties severed - probably forever. the rich will get richer and the poorer will start to be pushed to, and off, of the edge. there will be mass population shifts, some forced. the country won't just divorce either, it will shatter. pent up political forces will rear their ugly head. expect a dozen liberal democracies, a handful of true fascist states, semi-theocracies, several failed areas, probably some anarchist autonomous cities. We will no longer have federal funding for wilderness management in the west, so we will have truly apocalyptic fires for the first few years. 

That's...the best option. The worst quickly includes genocide, war, nuclear attacks, state collapse, infrastructure collapse. It has happened in almost every modern partition to date. I am incapable of overstating this. the result will be a disaster. look at your neighbors. one will get dragged off. one will leave to see family. one will lose everything. your kids? drafted or worse.

I agree it would be damaging, but that is still where we are headed. Countries don’t last forever, this has certainly been proven throughout history. The US is. Or immune from this fact 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

I agree it would be damaging, but that is still where we are headed. 

I think it is a distinct possibility, one that I wish to avoid. 

I mean to be flippant, there's a lot of republican policies that only work when we are one huge interconnected country ;)

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.