Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Biden to require all employers who have 100+ employees to mandate the vaccine. $14,000 penalty per violation.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I think it falls under the precedent already set by SCOTUS in Jacobson v. Massachusetts. 

If the government wants to require it than do it themselves so that it falls equally on all.  Don’t require business to be your enforcement mechanism.   If businesses choose to require it that is their right.  

41 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

We will see protests in the streets over this. 

Wouldn't blame them either.  The one positive for businesses is that the U/I kicker and eviction moratoriums are going away, so all of the peasants will re-join the supply bin if the businesses start letting folks go.   May even be able to lowball like usual.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

It is well established in our society that your freedoms end where they interfere with another individuals freedoms. 

That is why we can regulate guns to an extent, we can regulate speech by prohibiting slander, we can regulate that people get vaccines to protect others most basic freedom which is to live. 

Yeah I agree but regulate it directly.   Quit using people’s jobs as a hammer.  

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

There will be exemptions granted.  Some people will join, or claim to be members of a religion that forbids vaccines. 

SCOTUS has ruled that mandated vaccination requirements are constitutional.   I agree if it goes to court, the gov't will win.

SCOTUS has ruled that local government can mandate vaccinations.   They have made no such ruling for the Federal government.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I think it falls under the precedent already set by SCOTUS in Jacobson v. Massachusetts. 

Jacobson only ruled that local government can mandate vaccines.  

"Jacobson was the rare case in which a state’s jurisdiction was not questioned—because no one claimed that the federal government should control a local smallpox epidemic. Instead, the question was whether the state had overstepped its own authority and whether the sphere of personal liberty protected by the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment38 included the right to refuse vaccination."

The police power of a State, whether exercised by the legislature, or by a local body acting under its authority, may be exerted in such circumstances or by regulations so arbitrary and oppressive in particular cases as to justify the interference of the courts to prevent wrong and oppression.2(p38)"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1449224/

That speech was terrible.

What anti vax governors is he referring to?  He is deliberately conflating masks and vaccines.

Why is he lying and calling it a pandemic of the unvaccinated?  70 something percent of 12 and older Americans are vaccinated.  And many more have already have Covid.  And yet Covid is still running rampant.  It is dishonest scapegoating to say that the unvaccinated are the only reason Covid is still a problem.  Who is he going to blame when Covid vaccination is at 90 something percent and Covid is still around?

1 minute ago, Bob said:

lol. This is a slippery slope. I don't want to hear a peep from your stupid mouth when they steal your guns in the name of 'public safety'. Or when they ban the internal combustion engine, leisure travel, plastics, etc.. in the name of climate change and public safety. This is a terrible precedent.

a slippery slope to what

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Wait, this is for everyone?  Don't like.  He can do what he wants with the fed employees and contractors though.

Said the people who opposed labors laws too.

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

wtf, dude. You still are a vector for covid if you are vaccinated. You pass/contract covid if you wear a mask. Why do you give a phuck if someone else does not wish to be vaccinated.

Because the selfish antivaxxers like you are filling up the ICU's and selfishly using all the intensive care medical resources.

You do know that it is extremely rare for a fully vaccinated person to need ICU care, unless you read on freedompatriotflagboner.com that it was just fake news. Lol I borrowed your term @TheSanDiegan

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

SCOTUS has ruled that local government can mandate vaccinations.   They have made no such ruling for the Federal government.

What was the ruling for the small pox vaccination that was later upheld during polio? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Violating civil liberties and freedoms in the name of 'public safety'. The more pussies like you guys give up your rights and freedoms, the more government is empowered to seize more of them.

Can you please point out to me where in the constitution , or any other federal law for that matter,  where it says we have a right to not be mandated to get vaccinated.